The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 08-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #316
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Pete, as it turns out something quite hideous happened in that shop just the other week.

From the Bucks Herald:
Horror as Man Stabs Himself With Bottle in Aylesbury Shop
Looked at their site for thirty minutes, couldn't find that story.

But, I did find this one. I lol'd. Twice.

BTW, how do I get the gov't to buy weed for me?
Attached Images

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #317
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also...a friend used to have a Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull mix named Razz. When he chased cars, he caught 'em. And ate 'em.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #318
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was thinking tuna-flavored mayo.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #319
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The self-stabbing story will be archived by now.

In any newspaper article where the "villian" is identified, any benefits received are usually exaggerated.
Typical rent in this town is £600 per month.
So an additional £200 per month has to pay for Council Tax, water rates, gas & electricity, TV licence even BEFORE food & cleaning products.
True, if he spends £70 on weed then something's got to give, but that's his choice.

No-one on benefits lives the hi-life.
Alcohol and drugs help ignore bills that need to be paid and things that need to be faced.

ANYWAY.
This is a photo thread and I want you all to ooooh and aaaaah and love me.
Sunshine and lollipos and rainbows etc etc......

(yeah, good points)
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #320
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
...and I want you all to ooooh and aaaaah and love me.
We are, and, we do.

Quote:
Sunshine and lollipos and rainbows etc etc...
Don't ferget puppy dog tails!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #321
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Pete, as it turns out something quite hideous happened in that shop just the other week. I'd be wary of trying to film in there now that they are all on high alert for anything odd going on. I'll try it later this year.
Yikes. Yes. Best wait.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #322
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Great pics Sundae. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #323
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Drumroll please...
I would like to introduce you to Messrs Tiger and Tennant!

I had permission to take photos of the children I saw at the Family Fun Day in Vale Park today.
After all, the organisers had their own photographers, and the Bucks Herald was there. But I was polite and checked with the parents anyway.

I went with Tennant's Mum, both Tiger's parents and his little sister (who we will call Kitty, because she's a kitten compared to him but it sounds a bit stripper-ish). We saw plenty of other people there - some children from our school (Tiger-Mum told a lot of people about it yesterday apparently) and my Grandad's ex-next-door-neighbour, who is Tiger's Grandmother. And one of Grandad's nurses, who is the mother of Tennant's mother's BFF from school.

I forget how many connections people make when they have children. This was pretty much my first exposure to it. Also it turns out Tiger-Grandmother used to live next door to my sister & family (not that side for those who remember) and Tiger-Dad came to do some repair plastering when the 'rents' bathroom flooded the downstairs toilet. Long before I moved back.

Small town. Never experienced that before either.

Anyway.
The parents parked at mine and we walked down to the Vale Park. Even with kids it's only about a 20 minute walk. The day was a joint event funded by a church coalition and the Council. Everything was free. There were some queues, but it was very well done.

Face painting, two bouncy castles, balloon modelling, sumo wrestling, BBQ (well, sausages and burgers on a grill) tea, coffee and cake, organised games. It was like being at Butlins in the 70s.

Tennant and Mum "making" a biscuit. Rich Tea biscuits (very plain cookies) with a shedload of icing, sweets, sprinkles etc to be lobbed on top. T gave me the "hair" which in my honour was a strawberry lace.

Tiger taking part in a sponge race. Run to the bucket, dunk your sponge, come back and squeeze it out in the bucket at the other end. Team with the most water wins, boys vs girls.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 09-03-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #324
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Kitty with her painted face. That was the longest queue by far.
But the Lady wanted it, so the Lady got it! Good for her.

Tiger doesn't need face paint, he can growl at me anyway.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #325
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The doughnut on a string game.
Tiger was taking tiny nibbles, as he does when eating anything. But we were all so pleased that he was trying it at all.

AND he ate most of his hot-dog. Tennant only had the sausage, and he doesn't have any eating issues. Although he ate more of the doughnut
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #326
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bouncy castle!
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #327
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The park has a small playground. It's better than it looks just walking past - lots of swingy and shakey things.
No slide though. I used to adore slides - the higher the better and the best were bumpy ones. Being small and skinny I would actually get airtime going over the bumps.

Still, I would have wrecked this place (figuratively speaking) if it had been around in my time.

By this time we had met up with AL and her dad and brother. Mum is Brazilian, but she was working. I actually thought she was step-Mum when I saw her at the school fete, because she is really quite dark-skinned and AL is blonde. I've looked more closely since and can see the resemblance - she has dark brown eyes and makes me look 100% Irish when it comes to a tan.

Here she is surfing on a tilting board (she's surfed for real on extended holidays to Brazil) and proving her pirate chops while Tiger and Kitty look on. Seconds later, Tiger was climbing the rigging too, of course. That "seat" is about 6 feet off the ground - Tiger is already stood on a climbing frame there.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 09-03-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #328
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Last one of Tennant.
Apparently he is Christmas-mad.
He got a dog from the balloon modeller, and promptly decided it was a reindeer called Check (shrug). Sadly, Check was blown away and caught too often, and checked in his lucky reindeer chips. One of his legs popped.

I offered to queue up again, which we did, and this time got a burgundy coloured one that had the balloon nozzle on his schnozzle. What else could he call him but Rudolph?

I staged an intervention and took Rudolph into custody after a little while in the playground, fearing he might meet Check's fate. Tennant found a piece of foil ribbon and fashioned him a lead. All the way home I either held Rudolph or I held the end of the lead.

All the children behaved beautifully - although like children of course, not complete models of deportment! I had such a wonderful afternoon. And it was cool to be able to do things like tickle them and turn them upside down and all that, which isn't appropriate at school.

Oh, and it does feel a little odd letting you see them and still giving them code names. But code names can't be Googled. Unless you know them. And by then it's too late.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 09-03-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #329
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Sundae these are wonderful. I really love the pics of your kids!! Really a great post
Old 09-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #330
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I know some pretty great kids.