The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #136
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Sometimes we can go for 2 - 3 winters and not get that cold. It's not super rare or anything, but not what one could call common.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #137
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
That sounds like our 30 below then.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #138
monster
I hear them call the tide

Did some chores then drove 90 miles for a "local" "house" hockey game. (9-0 loss) then back again. Team stats for the year 0-20-0... poor lambs. They've gotten so much better, though. We played the same team at home last night and got to only 24seconds remaining before we were mercied.... And Thunder Boy looks pretty good these days
Old 01-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #139
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I only worked a half day today as a good friend had an emergency need for on site child care due to his wife's cheese having slid off of her cracker temporarily. As we are allegedly about to have Icepocalypse 2017, I was happy to be off early and home by 3:00.

No ice yet as of this writing, though.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #140
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

They moved the Chiefs game back to 8:20 over that storm.

Should be an interesting game.

I also had a half day. Finance Round Table meeting from 10-12:30, then home. Failed to nap, then spent the rest of the day hanging with tarheel. Cleaned up some stuff from the move, and did a little pottery.

Watching Tree House Masters now, and relaxing.

Good weird day
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #141
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I am as big a Chiefs fan as there is...and I know that my team fucking CHOKES in the playoffs. It would be pretty amazing it they gave Big Ben the old heave-ho this weekend.

Better yet would be Houston taking out the Cheatriots.

That would be AFC Championship at Arrowhead.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #142
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

As long as Andy doesn't have to make any quick decisions in real time, I think they have a shot.

I've predicted a Cowboys Chiefs Super Bowl. Just 2 (X2) games to go to get there.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #143
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cheatriots.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #144
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My day was uneventful. Mr. Clod's day, however, was packed with things--all of which were things I didn't want to do myself, so his day was like the paired electron to mine.

--He picked up the stepdaughter at 8:30 AM and drove her to her job (because she wrecked her car last week and it wasn't repaired yet.)
--He shifted the kids' computers down the desk (now that there are only three of them sharing the space) which involved a fair amount of rewiring.
--He repaired the stripped anchor that's supposed to hold the upright bathroom cabinet against the wall
--He hung 2 more strings of lights outside on the pergola
--He put the cooler back in the attic (it had come down a week ago for his birthday celebration)
--He picked up the stepdaughter when she got off work at 5:30, and then took her to the mechanic to pick up her car, and then went to Home Depot to get one more box of hooks for the last string of pergola lights.
--And THEN, just for good measure, he got us tickets to see La La Land tomorrow night.

Like, whut?

Okay, in fairness, I did do some stuff now that I think about it. I cooked a batch of muffins, 10 hamburger patties, honey roasted almonds, and dinner; plus oversaw Minifob's tutoring session and finished up the church's tax letters. I also watched the first episode of the new "Lemony Snicket" show with the kids, which is hilarious and has beautiful effects.

Still, I'd definitely rather have my day than his.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #145
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So he did those "manly" things you wouldn't expect a poor little me to do.
I think you left out paying the mechanic.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #146
Pamela
Deplorable

I got a jackass a citation tonight. Either for racing or speeding or something like that.

Am I a bad person for enjoying a little schadenfreude?

I wish I had video of it but my dashcam chose this evening to freeze up and not record anything until I noticed and rebooted..... too late.

The basic story: I was just leaving my customer in Scottsburg, IN en route to a truck stop to sleep. Buddy comes alongside my rig at the light before the interstate and yells up to me that he bets his truck is faster than mine. :/ I was just going to ignore his blather, but then the evil angel got the better of me and I yelled back to him "Oh yeah? I bet you ain't! Here to the next light on green!"
Of course, he couldn't back down from a challenge with his friends in the truck with him, so he revs up his 1990-something Ram with a boosted fuel pump (so he can "roll coal") and pops the clutch the instant the light turned green. He lays a patch and flies past the cop I remembered seeing on the way in sitting in the parking lot of the liquor store on the corner at, oh, I'd say 55-60 mph.

Cop lights up on him and has him on the shoulder before the light.

Since technically I made the next light first, does this mean I won?

LOL
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #147
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're such a bitch.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #148
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
I am as big a Chiefs fan as there is...and I know that my team fucking CHOKES in the playoffs. It would be pretty amazing it they gave Big Ben the old heave-ho this weekend.

Better yet would be Houston taking out the Cheatriots.

That would be AFC Championship at Arrowhead.
If my Steelers don't control your special teams Chiefs get to throw Brady around. If special teams hold up, Harrison gets the pleasure. Should be a good game. It's funny the Steelers are mostly healthy except Cam Heyward and a handful of crucial guys on the weak link special teams unit.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #149
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
I got a jackass a citation tonight. Either for racing or speeding or something like that.

Am I a bad person for enjoying a little schadenfreude?

I wish I had video of it but my dashcam chose this evening to freeze up and not record anything until I noticed and rebooted..... too late.

The basic story: I was just leaving my customer in Scottsburg, IN en route to a truck stop to sleep. Buddy comes alongside my rig at the light before the interstate and yells up to me that he bets his truck is faster than mine. :/ I was just going to ignore his blather, but then the evil angel got the better of me and I yelled back to him "Oh yeah? I bet you ain't! Here to the next light on green!"
Of course, he couldn't back down from a challenge with his friends in the truck with him, so he revs up his 1990-something Ram with a boosted fuel pump (so he can "roll coal") and pops the clutch the instant the light turned green. He lays a patch and flies past the cop I remembered seeing on the way in sitting in the parking lot of the liquor store on the corner at, oh, I'd say 55-60 mph.

Cop lights up on him and has him on the shoulder before the light.

Since technically I made the next light first, does this mean I won?

LOL
Ha! Brilliant!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #150
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
Buddy comes alongside my rig...
You set your buddy up?