The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #5566
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

And fuckery like the above is only one good reason. There are more.

I belong to Citadel Fcu. Love them. And they love me.

http://www.thecommunitybanker.com/cu_links/

Find one near you
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #5567
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A good credit union, is a great idea, but not all CUs are created equal. Do some sleuthing, see if it's licensed by the state or federal because that makes a difference what rules they play by. Like anything, Google it, and hear what the really pissed off people are pissed about.

I'm cautious about the ask friend's advice because if they have/had experience with a particular CU, and they are still with that CU, they'll probably give it an OK. If they haven't, it's just hearsay. But there might be something about the operation that doesn't bother them, but would drive you nuts.

For instance all the cashiers are chummy to the point of you can't get in and out in less than 15 minutes. That would drive me up a wall, miserable prick that I am.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #5568
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I'm cautious to the point where I'm ready to bury my booty in the woods. Or put it under the mattress. There were years recently where I'd have been better off just to have thrown cash onto a bonfire while I danced around it.At least I'd have gotten some enjoyment out of it.

Mildly irritated today by an encounter in the grocery store, of all places, with the guy who ghosted me the second he learned I had cancer in 2012.He was all happy and wanting to hug me and 'I still have your number, I'll shoot you a text'; and I was all, 'Notice the ring on my left third finger? No? Well, I don't still have your number. So my phone will delete your text before I ever see it.'
Old 08-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #5569
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
So my phone will delete your text before I ever see it.'
Heh, my phone has a feature where the phone won't ring unless the caller is in my contact list. The missed call shows up, just doesn't ring. Also, works for texts, I see a text in the inbox, but if there's no name, or I don't recognize the number, I don't click it, and it doesn't get 'received' (or downloaded, I guess), therefore I don't get charged for it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #5570
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
...with the guy who ghosted me the second he learned I had cancer in 2012.
In my neck-o-the-woods, to 'ghost' someone is to kill they ass dead.

"Next time I see Jimbo, Ima ghost that mofo."

But, I feel ya.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #5571
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Ain't skeert
Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #5572
glatt

Irritated that the Camry failed inspection yesterday. It was a surprise to me, because I've been puttering on it and am pretty familiar with it and it's in great shape.

But it was failed for a hairline surface crack in a rubber bushing in one of the engine mounts. My wife had taken it in, and when it failed she asked how much it would cost to fix, and the guy said he could fix it for $175.

My BS detector is ringing like crazy. I looked at the paperwork he gave her, and they don't even list engine mounts as an item to be inspected. He wrote it in next to "suspension."

I can understand if a strut holding one of the wheels on is damaged, failing a car for that. Or any one of a score of other safety related items, but an engine mount? The bushing wasn't even torn. Just a hairline crack on the surface of the rubber. Even if it tore straight through, there is little danger. The bolts are still there holding it all together, it would just vibrate a bit more.

So my wife didn't get the work done. Waited for me to get home to look at it. It's a $12 part from Rock Auto and will take about 20 minutes to replace. It's right on top, so I don't even have to get under the car or anything. $175 is robbery. Assuming he charged $45 for the part and $70 for an hour's labor to do a 20 minute job, it should still only be $115.

It's too bad too, because that inspector was walking distance from our house. I need to find another guy. He had failed our other car last December for the rear drum brakes, but I knew those were getting old and worn, so that was a legitimate call. This one, I question.

Seems like a conflict that he can fail a car and then fix it right there for you so it will pass.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #5573
Nirvana
Back in 10

LJ i was already on the CU hunt since this incident. I have banked there for 30 years. Last xmas they had no 100's I wanted one for a wedding. This is Wells Fargo and they actually sent me a survey asking me how I felt about my latest banking experience!!! REALLY???

UT you got that right. Every time I go in I think the employees look trashier than the local factory workers.[like me ] I am trying to buy a truck and this happened in the middle of the deal leaving my truck half payed. I am sure I could have gotten a line of credit using property but the least amount of business I do with this bank from now on the better. I will just wait lesson learned and car dealer will wait too...
Old 08-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #5574
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Irritated that the Camry failed inspection yesterday. It was a surprise to me, because I've been puttering on it and am pretty familiar with it and it's in great shape.

But it was failed for a hairline surface crack in a rubber bushing in one of the engine mounts. My wife had taken it in, and when it failed she asked how much it would cost to fix, and the guy said he could fix it for $175.

My BS detector is ringing like crazy. I looked at the paperwork he gave her, and they don't even list engine mounts as an item to be inspected. He wrote it in next to "suspension."

I can understand if a strut holding one of the wheels on is damaged, failing a car for that. Or any one of a score of other safety related items, but an engine mount? The bushing wasn't even torn. Just a hairline crack on the surface of the rubber. Even if it tore straight through, there is little danger. The bolts are still there holding it all together, it would just vibrate a bit more.

So my wife didn't get the work done. Waited for me to get home to look at it. It's a $12 part from Rock Auto and will take about 20 minutes to replace. It's right on top, so I don't even have to get under the car or anything. $175 is robbery. Assuming he charged $45 for the part and $70 for an hour's labor to do a 20 minute job, it should still only be $115.

It's too bad too, because that inspector was walking distance from our house. I need to find another guy. He had failed our other car last December for the rear drum brakes, but I knew those were getting old and worn, so that was a legitimate call. This one, I question.

Seems like a conflict that he can fail a car and then fix it right there for you so it will pass.
Yah, find another guy. Don't put up with attempted fuckery.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #5575
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
In my neck-o-the-woods, to 'ghost' someone is to kill they ass dead.

"Next time I see Jimbo, Ima ghost that mofo."

But, I feel ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Ain't skeert
Dude, I totally wasn't thinking about you in particular, I swear! I just pulled a name outta the air, and didn't think. I don't know why I didn't catch that.

Honest to God, Jim, that was a very unfortunate brainfart.

My sincerest apologies, sir.

Well, today's off to great start.[/fuck]

Last edited by Gravdigr; 08-14-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #5576
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, yeah... I knew that. don't fret your purdy little heid none.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #5577
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

He said I got a purty heid.

That's kinda creepy, actually......

Old 08-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #5578
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

If you run a business that makes appointments with its clients, and someone is trying to schedule a future appointment with you... the appropriate exchange goes like this:

Client: [rough approximation of a good time--mornings, Wednesdays, etc.]
Business: [specific suggestion of 2-3 spots available]

Here is how it does not go:

Client: [rough approximation of a good time]
Business: Mm-mmm, sorry.
Client: [pregnant pause]
Business: [dead silence]
Client: What do you have?
Business: [Gives a Wednesday date, four months out]
Client: There's not anything sooner?
Business: Yeah, there is.
Client: [another pregnant pause] ... And when are those appointments?
Business: [Gives a single date next week]
Client: Is that the only one?
Business: No, there are others. What time were you looking for?

I already fucking told you what I was looking for, and we established that you are the limiting factor with your heavily-booked schedule. Just tell me all the upcoming slots you have, or at least 2-3 of them, and I will pick one. Idiot.

Am I the only one that this happens to, all the fucking time? You're the one with a computer schedule in front of you, don't sit there all glassy-eyed and make me try to guess what you have available.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #5579
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's crazy clod, I'd go off on her. (assuming it's her, not sexist, but most are her)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
My buddy was here this afternoon telling me his personal and business accounts are at the same bank. Usually he deposits large business checks (often $50 to $100k) with no problem. But there are two tellers at one branch who put a hold on every check he deposits. The manager apologizes and says bring the checks to her but refuses to speak to the tellers. He's changing banks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
This is Wells Fargo and they actually sent me a survey asking me how I felt about my latest banking experience!!! REALLY???
Yes, I was posting about Wells Fargo too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Assuming he charged $45 for the part and $70 for an hour's labor to do a 20 minute job, it should still only be $115.
Plus condom, and for your sake lube.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #5580
glatt

I looked it up online in the Virginia Code, and a "broken or missing" engine mount is cause for failing an inspection. I thought he was making up inspection categories, but see that it really is something they want him to inspect.

I still think it's perfectly fine though. It's not torn.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar