The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
rkzenrage

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to erect a couple of tarps between your house and hers as close to the camera as possible.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #32
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

If she's got that much crap laying around her yard, I can almost guarantee you she's violating a city anti-crap ordinance. Get online and check out your municipalities Municipal Code, and if she's in violation, complain to the city.

Also, shouldn't she have to prove that she isn't using a telephoto or zoom setting on that camera? It *is* illegal to be a voyeur or peeping Tomasina. If it is pointing at your house, how are you to know she isn't using it to invade your interior space?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #33
lookout123
changed his status to single

I think a suitably sized sign with an arrow pointing to her house which reads "I do not believe my neighbor is a pedophile, she just likes videotaping my underage son", would do the trick.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #34
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
If she's got that much crap laying around her yard, I can almost guarantee you she's violating a city anti-crap ordinance. Get online and check out your municipalities Municipal Code, and if she's in violation, complain to the city.

Also, shouldn't she have to prove that she isn't using a telephoto or zoom setting on that camera? It *is* illegal to be a voyeur or peeping Tomasina. If it is pointing at your house, how are you to know she isn't using it to invade your interior space?

another good example of using the law to your advantage!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #35
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
I think a suitably sized sign with an arrow pointing to her house which reads "I do not believe my neighbor is a pedophile, she just likes videotaping my underage son", would do the trick.
Nice!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #36
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Do it the Marine way. Kick her ass.

Or do it the Navy way, and call the Marines. Just joking, folks. Remain calm....

There has to be a solution within the law. Some limits as to how far this shit could go. I bet a call to the PD and a visit from an officer would clear this crap up .

Bad situation. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM   #37
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I know a lot of evil things you can do to annoying neighbors. Most involve what could be called vandalism by authorities. The trick is to NOT get caught.

Try spilling bleach over an underground gas main, in a trail leading up to the house.. Spell bad things with it.

Does she have cable TV? Stick a pin into the wire and cut it off flush with the outer covering. That will kill the reception and be hell for the typical repair guy to find.

Mess with her car, a few BBs in a hubcap will panic a non-mechanical person.
If you can get into it, a clamp-on fishing weight on the accelerator cable will give her a nasty jackrabbit start. Dead roadkill inthe summer heat smells bad and will stink out the car forever.

You mentioned she keeps crap in her yard. Help her with her collection. Get other people's trash from the curb (legal to do) and store it in her yard, then complain about it. I once stuffed a dead fish into a neighbors drainpipe in summer, waited until the heat swelled it up and then the stink wafted over the area. Health Dept was called from several residences. Cats from all over moved into the yard. Mayhem and hilarity from me.

I have lots of ideas yet, pm me for more.

Brian
Old 06-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #38
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Introduce her to your ex-boyfriend.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #39
rkzenrage

I wish you were in my area, I have four ten-thousand watt halogen light stands that go up to ten feet tall that you would be welcome to. I'm not using them.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:59 AM   #40
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
. . .it's like a flea market with junk piled all over and just a little space to walk thru the rooms. She has, like, forty shelves on one wall with all kinds of crap on them.
That's an OCD sufferer's house. Get the county psych people in there.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #41
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

footfootfoot and lookout123, you two made me LOL for real.

Brianna, if she lives for this type of shit why not go along with it. Wave at the camera, bring people over and point it out (being sure to smile and wave). I'd bet that would set her off. Meanwhile get the shrinks / city inspector or whatever you need out there. Double whammy.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #42
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Oh, if it does eat media you could certainly plant a flag somewhere. It would probably register movement with every gust of wind. Then again she could be using something rewritable or not even using media (an old trick our school system used for the on-bus cameras) because she just wants to irk you not record you.

Screw it. Just flash the camera. Repeatedly.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #43
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

You could always trim your shrubbery to send a message.
Attached Images

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #44
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

now THAT'S funny!
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #45
wolf
lobber of scimitars

If she's crazy, she can continue to be crazy until she becomes a clear and present danger to herself and others. Collecting weird crap is crazy, but not dangerous. OTOH, being dangerous is not necessarily the result of being crazy. You have to meet both tests.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote