The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #91
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

but wait! use the Pomegranate Phone shown on this page and your set. all you need are those gloves butchers and fishermen use so they don't cut their hands!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #92
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

well we started another special project at work today. what this job calls for is to put in another car port aka party area. rather than do what we did with the last time where concrete footings were an afterthought...this time we are doing it right. first we of course measured everything out. the carport is 20' x 30'. the slab we formed today is 5" x 30'. tomorrow after the cement has cured we will remove the form and make the other slab. once that is complete, in about 10 days or so, the carport will be installed then it will be time to deck it. once we framed up the form and put 2 expansion joints in we then put one run of rebar in. should have really put two but one will suffice for this job. rebar re-enforces the concrete. 8 bags total. talk about a pain in the ass! mixing concrete with a shovel in a wheelbarrow sucks. trust me.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #93
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Attached Images

Old 01-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #94
chrisinhouston
Professor

Visiting Paris and spent several hours at the Louvre wondering around with my wife who has never been there before. This is about my 6th trip so I decided to try to capture it in a different way than most of the tourists do.

I would caption these as:

1. Lovely garden statue but my home owner's association would never allow it!
2. If an erection lasts for more then 3 hours call a doctor or you will look this for the rest of your life!
3. Everyone has to take a picture of the Mona Lisa but I rather enjoyed taking pictures of everyone doing it.
4. Who needs to get up close when you can just view it on someone else's camera!
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #95
chrisinhouston
Professor

Finished the day and headed back to the Hilton. We told them it was our anniversary when we checked in so today they gave us fresh flowers, champagne and some kind of chocolate decadence!

Captions:

5. "Dad! Mom's going to be really pissed when she gets home and sees how drunk you are!"
6.. "Psssst! Did you just let a really stinky one fly?"
7. Our surprise.
8. Even though it was close to freezing we went out on the 7th floor balcony and set up a picture with the Eiffel Tower in the background.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #96
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Cool !!!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #97
Tulip
Professor

Awwww....happy belated anniversary! Paris, what a nice vacation. And that's a very lovely surprise! I'd love me some of that yummy piece of chocolate!
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #98
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i love paris. been many times. i could spend a month at the louvre. beautiful place! used to have a pic almost like the one you took of everyone taking a pic of the mona lisa. i lost over half my pictures in the bs from 5 years ago. enjoy your trip! oh and happy belated as well!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #99
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

well we got the second form completed yesterday. when i arrived at work bobby, my boss and pilot bud, had already started working on dismantling the first form to reuse and make the second. you have to be careful with concrete. make sure you have given it enough time to "cure" before removing the form. otherwise you run the risk of chipping/breaking the concrete. i'm new to concrete work so i'm learning these lessons as i go. all i know for sure is this: mixing concrete with a shovel in a wheelbarrow sucks. really really sucks. it took 8 80lb bags for each form. we ordered the new carport yesterday and should arrive in 7 to 10 days. long enough for the concrete to thoroughly set. well i'm off to get ready for work. 14 hour day ahead.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #100
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ok so the car port was put in today. errr sunday morning. tuesday we will start decking it. pics of that to come. i'm rather proud of our concrete work here. here is how that part turned out.....
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 AM   #101
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

why am I not in paris like chris??????

must remedy this...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #102
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Paris is a wonderful city!

ok new project started at home today with OMG status already achieved. TERMITE DAMAGE FOUND!!!!! ugh...what was supposed to be a new shower now is looking like new walls too. and god knows what else. pics of the demo so far.....
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #103
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Cool Now give it a good Spray of Bug spray ( Prolly dont Need it ,But Hey its Open ) and seal it up

Rember this ????
Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #104
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Man you need professionally bonded treatment for Termites or you will never sell the place in the future. Just saying....
Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #105
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

yeah we will be treating it. actually come to think of it i believe the house was already treated. 6 to one half dozen the other. i'll check on that and see. well here is how far we got today at work with the deck. we went to lowes in Humble, Tx and bought 2 2x4x16's 63 2x4x10's to bring back to the track but also bought but will pick up later 63 2x6x12's (i think) for the decking. anyway we made alright progress today. we laid out the 2x4's for runners then cut up other 2x4's into 4 16" stakes and 2 12" to drive into the ground for anchor support on the runners. we got 6 of the 9 runners in today and weather permitting will finish the other 3 tomorrow and start decking to hopefully be finished by the weekend. we also still have to finish the electrical too.
Attached Images