The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #91
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing,
"I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."
Quote:
Yet internal Justice Department documents show that
at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #92
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Hey, I said "heard", not "read".

I did not have sex with that memo.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #93
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the Oversight & Government Reform Committee, suggested Sunday that Attorney General Eric Holder has been withholding facts regarding the so-called "Fast & Furious" gunwalking scandal, and indicated that law enforcement could be concealing possibly illuminating evidence.

Issa appeared skeptical that Holder had known as little about the "Fast & Furious" operation as he indicated in a May 3 Judiciary Committee hearing, when he said, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast & Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

Issa disputed that timing, and said Holder "clearly knew more than he said when he said he only first heard of this program a few weeks before.
Quote:
Documents obtained by CBS News earlier this month indicate, too, that Holder had been briefed on "Fast & Furious" as far back as July 2010.

Issa said he believes there may have been another gun found at the scene of Terry's death - a weapon he dubbed "weapon number one" - and that if that gun exists and is proven to be the murder weapon, it would conclusively tie "Fast and Furious" to the murder.

"If weapon number one [which] appears to be missing were ballistically matched, we would have an absolute rather than the inconsistency," he said.
How convenient that the gun is missing.

link
Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #94
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Holder needs to be held accountable for those deaths. Someone should file a big civil lawsuit and sue him when this is all over.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #95
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

mercy you're a big sorry hypocrite.

in this thread, you go berserk about the government's actions that resulted in the death of some americans, but in the case where the other americans were killled by the actions of our government, you cheer.

dude, I totally get it when you say one wasn't the same as the other, fine. but you can't say that you invoke the LAW in one case (here) but ignore the LAW in the other case (there).

That just shows your hypocrisy, not even your nuance, or your judgment. You only demonstrate that you want what you want when you want it, and you're really flexible on when you're willing to invoke the rules. Like a child.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #96
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
mercy you're a big sorry hypocrite.

in this thread, you go berserk about the government's actions that resulted in the death of some americans, but in the case where the other americans were killled by the actions of our government, you cheer.
No hipocracy here. One a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty by weapons that were allowed to "walk" by Holder and his ilk. The other traitors who I have no problem executing, I would have pulled the trigger myself.

Quote:
dude, I totally get it when you say one wasn't the same as the other, fine. but you can't say that you invoke the LAW in one case (here) but ignore the LAW in the other case (there).
The terrs gave up their "Rights" when they went to the other side IMHO.

Quote:
That just shows your hypocrisy, not even your nuance, or your judgment. You only demonstrate that you want what you want when you want it, and you're really flexible on when you're willing to invoke the rules. Like a child.
You really think big about yourself.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #97
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
The terrs gave up their "Rights" when they went to the other side IMHO.
This comment is about as dumb as they come. This statement is totally antithetical to the goals and purpose of the US.

Quote:
You really think big about yourself.
Cause he's a big man in many ways. You could take a lesson.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #98
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
This comment is about as dumb as they come. This statement is totally antithetical to the goals and purpose of the US.
Well actually no. If you go to the other side you become a legitimate target.

Quote:
Cause he's a big man in many ways. You could take a lesson.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #99
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

This interview on the Colbert Report last night was both relevant and interesting.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #100
TheMercenary

Interesting. And this has little to do with Fast and Furious and the crimes by Holder and the Obama Administration... right?

Hey the Dos Equis guy is always cool though...

Regardless I would love to read his book. I have known a few interrogators over the years. Smart folks.

Great interview! just don't share it with people who think we should not kill our enemies, regardless of where they were born.

Last edited by TheMercenary; 10-20-2011 at 09:07 PM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #101
TheMercenary

The truth revealed, the onion is peeled back, and here we have the original intent of Fast and Furious by the Obama Administration.

Quote:
n an astonishing admission, Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress that a lack of gun control was to blame for the government selling guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Holder sent a letter to Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Sen. Charles Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on the Judiciary, regarding recent revelations he was briefed on Operation Fast and Furious much earlier than he told Congress.

Operation Fast and Furious was a plan by government officials to permit illegal aliens to purchase and take weapons across the border. Once the guns crossed the border, agents often lost track of them. The guns have since been found to have been used in several crimes in the U.S., resulting in at least one death, border patrol agent Brian Terry.

In May, Holder appeared before Congress. At that time he was asked specifically when he first heard about Fast and Furious. Holder responded, “I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.”

Recently released documents reveal that Holder received memos referring to the program in July, 2010. A July 5 memo said, “Operation Fast and Furious” involved a “firearms trafficking ring.”

Holder downplayed his Congressional testimony and claimed he misunderstood the question.

After being challenged by Issa for his answer, Holder fired off a letter to Congress claiming that he had never read the memos, and it was the responsibility of his staff to brief him on what they considered important.

Holder then went on to say that the reason the ATF was unable to prevent the weapons from being sold to the cartels was a lack of gun control and registration.
http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=11513

This fool Holder needs to be in prison with Bubba.......
Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #102
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary
Interesting. And this has little to do with Fast and Furious and the crimes by Holder and the Obama Administration... right?
Yeah, nothing to do with Fast and Furious. Just the recent mini-thread-drift about killing American nationals who have declared themselves to be terrorists.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #103
TheMercenary

Where is the outrage?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/20/wh...t-and-furious/
Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #104
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
I think it started back in June sometime.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #105
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
You're hogging it.