The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #76
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ripple, Boone's Farm or MD20/20 are more my speed, maybe that's why I don't belong.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #77
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Pop did the 32 degree Scottish Rite, (you know, ate the baby and everything )
Scottish did you say? Must have been a "day old" baby then...
Old 03-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #78
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Someone has to eat the left-overs....

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #79
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

My first car was a 1977 Ford Grenada. I drove this while in High school in 1987. It sucked.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #80
Crimson Ghost

Well, Radar, I'm sorry to hear that High School sucked for you.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,

Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #81
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

High School didn't suck. Being seen driving a 1977 Ford Grenada sucked. I used to have a girl I didn't even like drive me around and let me use her car. I used her car to pick up other girls.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #82
Crimson Ghost

You dirty rat bastard.

Pretty slick.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #83
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

Smooth Radar…quite devious, indeed.
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #84
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey View Post
My very first car was a freebie - a Ford Fairlaine 500. Since it took at least 5 quarts of oil a day, I bought it by the case - "Around the World Re-recycled oil". CHEAP STUFF! But my MOST fav sheels came a couple years later, I got one of the first Yamaha 650 Specials - black with gold metal flake. I wore that bike out!
Wow. I'm giving very serious consideration to buying one of those derivatives...a Maxim.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #85
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

My most embarrassing car was a Ford. Specifically a puke green 1992 Aerostar piece of crap. It was actually my wife’s, but we could never get the A/C to work more than a few months straight. Replaced the compressor twice, then the entire system. Since I couldn’t let my wife drive our three kids around in our heat and high humidity without A/C, I drove it. Those were the three hottest summers I ever remember suffering through.

Then so many other crazy things happened…complete brake system failure late at night, starter wouldn’t turn off or burn out, and on and on…

I said I’d never get a Ford again, then I did because it seemed like such a great deal (and it was new with a full warranty). Well, as you could probably guess, it was in for five warranty items in the first 18 months, including a complete rebuild of the rear-end. A couple of years later when the tranny was about dead, I got rid of that piece of crap, too. Truly never again will I waste a dime on another Ford unless it’s to pay someone five bucks so I could swing a sledgehammer at one. Good riddance…and sorry for the bellyaching. I edited and deleted much more than I left.
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #86
Crimson Ghost

Mmmm... puke green.

Kinda makes ya feel all Linda Blair-y.