The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #12121
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
If they would let you use the data ports on their fones...

Or let ya get pics off one of their fones that don't use data cards...

Or let ya bluetooth photos off the fone...

Or had customer service that was actually worth a shit...

Or, meh, you get the idea.

But they are cheap. My TracFone only cost $4. Wasn't even on sale.

I've used them for a number of years, but TracFone is basically useless and a joke for anyone who actually uses a cell phone.
Which makes them perfect for me!

I can get pics off my phone (I just email them to myself and open the email on a computer). Bluetooth? I don't know nuthin' about no Bluetooth. I can make calls and send texts, but the calls are iffy out here in the mud and the blood and the beer. Usually I have to go stand out in the front yard.

But the reception issue isn't related to Tracfone - at least not in my neck of the woods. The problem is there are damned few cell towers here. Friends with Verizon can't even get reception most of the time. So I figure, why pay for a "prime" service plan when I can get the same lousy reception for $6.50 a month?

Bottom line, I HATE cell phones, but I have one . . . just in case I break down on the road, or get stuck going to some pet sitting job out in the boonies (might not even work then, but better safe than sorry).
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #12122
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Bottom line, I HATE cell phones, but I have one . . . just in case I break down on the road, or get stuck going to some pet sitting job out in the boonies (might not even work then, but better safe than sorry).
Dittos.

ETA: My other Tracfones, I could do the email thing, but this one won't attach the pic to the email. It says it's doing it, it ain't doing it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #12123
Glinda

Quote:
Dittos.

ETA: My other Tracfones, I could do the email thing, but this one won't attach the pic to the email. It says it's doing it, it ain't doing it.
Time to splurge and spend $10 on a Tracfone phone.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #12124
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I haven't mastered this one yet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #12125
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got an email from Billy today, he just got my Christmas card I mailed on December 3rd.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #12126
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Nothing.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #12127
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Successful construction of baked onion bhajis to send away with Mr Limey tomorrow as a gift for his host for two nights away back on the Old Island. Except I'd rather keep and eat them. Will have to make more for Food Night here on New Island on Thursday I think.

Sent by magick
Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #12128
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Food night, that sounds interesting. Weekly? Everybody brings something or a few cook each time when their turn comes up? At the bar or is there a community hall/room?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #12129
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This guy at the bar, one of the regulars, occasionally brings food to the bar (for urrbody, not just himself), which is also a 200 seat restaurant.

He's brought spaghetti, and chili, a couple of times. Dude's kinda strange. He's bought a raw steak to take home and cook hisownself, and he's brought his own steak for them to cook.

Weird. But they don't seem to mind.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #12130
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Food night, that sounds interesting. Weekly? Everybody brings something or a few cook each time when their turn comes up? At the bar or is there a community hall/room?

Weekly in the winter. Everybody (that turns up) brings something. In the bar (though there is a community hall, too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #12131
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
This guy at the bar, one of the regulars, occasionally brings food to the bar (for urrbody, not just himself), which is also a 200 seat restaurant.

He's brought spaghetti, and chili, a couple of times. Dude's kinda strange. He's bought a raw steak to take home and cook hisownself, and he's brought his own steak for them to cook.

Weird. But they don't seem to mind.
Sounds like a bit of an odd duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Weekly in the winter. Everybody (that turns up) brings something. In the bar (though there is a community hall, too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Y'all are very intentional with your island living. When my friends lived on an island in Maine it seemed similar.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #12132
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder if an island induces we're in this together, it's us against the world?
Old 03-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #12133
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Successful construction of baked onion bhajis to send away with Mr Limey tomorrow as a gift for his host for two nights away back on the Old Island. Except I'd rather keep and eat them. Will have to make more for Food Night here on New Island on Thursday I think.

Sent by magick
I had to look that up and now I'm contemplating trying to make them myself. They sound delicious. Thanks for expanding my must-try recipe list!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #12134
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I had to look it up, too.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:11 AM   #12135
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got the annual begging for a donation letter from the Fire Company today. They mentioned when I shop on Amazon if I go to SmileDotAmazonDotcom instead of AmazonDotCom, and select the name of the Fire Company(or any charity), Amazon will kick back 0.5% of my purchases to them.

I logged in to check it out, but haven't checked to see if the prices are the same both ways. Amazon claims they started this separate system to be spread by word of mouth through charities, friends, and neighbors. The 0.5% comes from the savings of not having to advertise. Sounds like bullshit to me, but I can see where if you're buying something online why not get it from Amazon and help your charity.