The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
Nirvana
Back in 10

Like there was any reason to doubt! You are on roll!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #17
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Thanks everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The Home of Pot shelf stocker?

Way to go! More money!
Yes! I think I'm really going to like it and the money will be sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Like there was any reason to doubt! You are on roll!
Heh. I was disappointed so much in my job searches over the past year that I wasn't too sure, even though the interview felt right and all that.

I mean, the movie store never even called me...despite me going back numerous times to check on my app, and despite the fact the sign "now hiring all positions" is still up, and has been for months. Me? Miss Movie Freak? I think I'm too old. I probably didn't want to work for a 21 year old manager anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like the young folk and get on great with them but I think I'll be better off in the Home of Pot.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #18
infinite monkey

Oh, and this way I'll be off weekends.

Work at the courthouse Mon-Thurs 9 am to 3 pm.

Work at the Depot Mon-Fri 9 pm to 1 am.

Set schedule, weekends off, plenty of time for a nap between and to get a decent night's sleep.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #19
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Great to hear. If the nuts get to you, you can bolt, so you don't get screwed.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

and if you get board, you can get hammered at work.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #21
monster
I hear them call the tide

you tools.

yay Infinitissimo! thou rocketh.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
infinite monkey

Tanks!

I was looking for concrete evidence that some of your statements were home-o-phobic but I didn't want to eavesdrop.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #23
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Congrats. Happy for you.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:23 AM   #24
infinite monkey

I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to say I survived! Full time Legal Girl is/was on vacation this week and I'm trying to cram everything into my part time hours...and it was busy and I'm not as fast (I don't recognize all the paperwork and am still learning all the intricacies of the differences in each case) and it was a LOT but I think I've done OK, considering. Doing a couple hours today and I'm hoping I tie up most of the loose ends. Hopefully I won't get so many manic criminals and/or manic criminal parents this morning.

And I started my other job, which made for a couple 12 hour days. I wasn't on my normal schedule as I was supposed to be doing the computer training but yesterday I jumped right in and helped unload a million skids onto the carts for taking out to be stocked later that night. I'm not used to the physical work and was exhausted. I went home, took a hot bath, and straight to bed. One of the draws of that job was the exercise and I can see I wasn't wrong there!

Gosh, I really CAN do it!
Old 04-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #25
glatt

Wait a second, so you have advanced so far in the legal job that you boss is taking vacations and leaving you alone? If that's the case, it's freaking OUTSTANDING. Do you know what a big deal it is to find somebody so good that you can take off work and leave them to cover for you?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #26
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Some bosses recognize quality faster/are unintimidated by quality than others...

She apparently has one. Hopefully she has two.

wtg IM.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #27
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That's great to hear, infi!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:47 AM   #28
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

This is the ultimate cheer-up thread now. I read it and I feel groovy.

Well done Infi - you've totally won the game.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:27 AM   #29
fargon

Good on you, IM.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #30
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Wait a second, so you have advanced so far in the legal job that you boss is taking vacations and leaving you alone? If that's the case, it's freaking OUTSTANDING. Do you know what a big deal it is to find somebody so good that you can take off work and leave them to cover for you?
Yes-sirreee-bob! I was all by my lonesome. I started at the end of January, so I guess it is a bit of a compliment to me. But boy oh boy it was HARD. They didn't want to pay me for full-time that week because, well, budgets and all, but I worked 6 1/2 hours more than usual and I will get to use that as a comp day sometime. They're really flexible about hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Some bosses recognize quality faster/are unintimidated by quality than others...

She apparently has one. Hopefully she has two.

wtg IM.
Yes, Legal Girl is a wonderful person, and so are the 4 lawyers in the office. Just really great people.

I'm not sure about the depot. I like the job, but like any job like that there sure are some, um...different sorts of folks! I've already had some laughs with some of my cow orkers though, and I think it's going to be good even with the scattered weirdos. My supervisor is pretty cool, and the dude who hired me is really cool. I think I'll like it even more when I'm on my normal schedule and it's just our crew getting the work done.

I finally finished all the computer training last night at 8:45. Now I have the weekend off. I went home and drank a bottle of wine and finished the fourth season of Six Feet Under (for the third time) and slept until 11:30 am! I'm at the library catching up on da intrawebz and then going to my nieces' softball games. I had the lid down on my car and I'm feeling so happy right now I could SCREAMMMMMM!

Gosh it feels good to be working again.

So thanks all of you...it makes me happy that you're happy for me.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The weirdest thing: I get an email out of nowhere from the lady I talked to at the trucking company where I was applying to work a third shift data entry job. It was realllllly good money, but they wanted me to be Pope and I'm not the Pope and I aced the assessments and all that but it just fell through. She was like "hi, I know it's been a while but are you still interested in the job...blah blah blah?" THEN, last night she called me and left a message! WTF? Yeah, no, really, but thanks for thinking of me after ALL THIS TIME! I sure do want to leave a job I love that's nearby for a job that's far away, graveyard shift, and with a bunch of union folks who wait months to be like "hey, do you want to work with us pretty please?"

Oh, and one more thing. I did get a raise at the legal job. They didn't have to give me one, they divvy up the allotment basically, so I was really pleased. And it was retro back to when I started. Wow! I feel so lucky!