The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

A Camera on My House

I've lived in this house over five years. Three and 1/2 years ago my then-neighbors moved and a single woman, probably in her late fifties-early sixties, moved in. She obviously wanted to be 'friends' with me but I felt something was very OFF about her and resisted in a very nice way. Last summer she asked me if my 14 year old son would be willing to cut her grass for an agreed upon price. She said, "I want him to sign a contract right now!" Um...to cut your grass? She also required that he wear steel-toed boots, leather gloves and eye protection (things we had to supply) while he mowed and get a complete training session on her mower (a standard push mower) (oh, and all these requirements were presented to me in writing.) Now, my son had been cutting my yard and the OTHER neighbors yard with a push mower for a couple years now without incident and I thought she was going a bit overboard. I wasn't interested in him or me 'signing' a contract either. I told her to forget it, it was too much bother. She then presented me with a type-written note about how mean I was, what a 'bully', and she hoped my son got his foot cut off with the mower. I knew before all this that the woman was probably bi-polar but this was a bit much. Things got frosty after that. A month or so later something happened to her cyclone fence (a small tear in it) and she blamed me and my son. NOW the woman has a video camera pointed at my house!! I feel so violated and there is NOTHING I can do about it! It's perfectly legal for her to videotape me, my family, my comings and goings, etc. She is the sort who LIVES for this shit, she has nothing to do all day, no friends, and stirring up a neighbor war would be right up her alley. She is VERY litiginous--I gathered that from my (very) few dealings with her. She'd like nothing more than a reaction from me and I won't give her one, but, damn, I feel kinda sick to my stomach every time I go outside!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote