The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #871
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaby2020 View Post
this guy was driving and on his cell phone when he didn’t see me and hit me. I saw him last second because he was speeding while turning the corner. He crashes into me and my bike flys with me falling off. He gets out looks at me and he watches his car for scratches. I was in so much pain, and he’s worried about his car. My hand had punched into his side glass and broke through, my hand bled a lot. Then he’s like fuck you and gets in and drives away. I was in so much pain that I actually had a hard time getting up to read his license plate to try and memorize it. Turns out when he crashed into me the handle bar went into my lungs. Not fully through but bruised it bad enough so I had a hard time breathing. Hit and run I wont forget it.
I hope you
(a) took your ass to hospital
(b) called the police.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:12 AM   #872
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Oh, and if I'm one of the ones Griff has on ignore, can someone please tell him what I said?
I would, but I think I am on his list too
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #873
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
I would, but I think I am on his list too
If that's the case, he's going to miss some good pictures in that other thread.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #874
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Oh, and if I'm one of the ones Griff has on ignore, can someone please tell him what I said?
What? No, you and ducks don't make me pull my hair out regretting lost minutes of life.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #875
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaby2020 View Post
Hit and run I wont forget it.
Not that I have misplaced priorities, but um... how's the bike?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #876
Drax
Banned

This whole frakkin' board!
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #877
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Well that's good to know Griff. I'd give a whoop of celebration except I'm vocally challenged today (which is bothering me).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #878
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
This whole frakkin' board!
Wah Draxxie?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #879
Drax
Banned

Well, some ya'll's ok, and I don't want to be an asshole, but sometimes ya'll push me to my limits.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #880
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

You just take yourself n shit too seriously.

Lighten up and have fun.

Oh, btw, I prefer you as Drax too.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #881
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

This is a very petty rant but I need to vent:

Pissing me off today is: one crazy school director.
I work at five different schools over the course of my week. Four are fine, but one school is just painful.
It's out in the boondocks so there is less oversight from head office. The school director seems to have no idea what lessons are like or how teaching works, or what company procedures are.
Thursdays usually start with a painfully slow double lesson with a student who the director promoted to a level well above her ability to get her to sign up. She did this by twisting the rules to allow the student to take a test she shouldn't have taken, then when the student dismally failed the test, letting her take a different (irrelevant) test four times in a week until she "passed".
However when I walked in today I saw on the schedule that I was also supposed to teach a trial lesson for a 5 year old kid who wanted to join. They're supposed to tell me in advance, so I had no prep time and didn't know what I was expected to do. Fortunately I managed to get the other teacher to cover for my first lesson (Thanks S!) and threw together a lesson plan, but then I noticed the director had double booked my lesson and the other teacher's kids' lesson in the same (only) kids' room. WTF? We figured that the other teacher could move his class out 15 mins early to play board games and we'd scrape through. We phoned the director (out of the office today) to confirm this was okay ... and she changed the plan ... telling me I was actually supposed to do a special placement test of which I had never heard, let alone been trained for.
I called head office and had a trainer pulled out of a meeting (bad in Japan!) to explain the deal to me. And so I muddled through and fortunately the kid is really sweet and nice, although not great level at English. (Imagine my day if she'd thrown a fruity!)
Meanwhile the director has taken on a different kid (both are "refugees" from NOVA, the biggest language school chain in Japan which recently collapsed with $400 million in debts and 300,000 students) who also won't fit into any existing classes, and so has been told to come whenever she has time and whichever teacher is available will put together a lesson for her!!
This is borderline insane. Kids' classes require semester-long planning and continuity, and considerable daily preparation. This kid will be flitting from teacher to teacher, different standards and techniques and topics all over the place, and it will drive the teachers nuts, turning up to work to learn they have to pull a kid's lesson out of their ear.

Dumb-ass bitch. And to cap it off, like many Japanese staff who deal with foreigners, she has taken an "English" nickname to make it "easy" for us (which actually makes it harder because everyone else uses the Japanese name so we have to learn two names. That I might forgive, but who the hell would deliberately name themselves after a Disney character? Idiot.

Ok I feel better now.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #882
lookout123
changed his status to single

the break in my work that has allowed me to play in the cellar so much for a week has come to an end.

say, has anybody been watching the markets?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #883
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
say, has anybody been watching the markets?
Whoo hoo! I love it when I lose more money in my 401K in a week than I make in almost two months of working. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Not.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #884
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Whoo hoo! I love it when I lose more money in my 401K in a week than I make in almost two months of working. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Not.
Thanks to the miracle of dollar cost averaging, you're not losing money, glatt. It's a *SALE*. You should double down your withholding today.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #885
lookout123
changed his status to single

quick thoughts for you G:

The fact that you have enough invested that it can take that type of dive...

The fact that you aren't retiring in the next 5 years, means that a downturn is actually good for your portfolio if handled correctly. be defensive against a falling US economy, but don't get out of the market. going to cash rarely works in the long run. you might want to look at big american companies. all sizes of foreign companies. unless you've got the skill or big brass ones, avoid sector bets. look at areas that are being hit hard and decide if you think those companies are solid enough to survive and rebound after a recession ends. buy low sell high. and remember, the best returns are always in the two year period following a recession.

Tags
swiss