The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #1081
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
But is that even the point? I thought the point was that our society is so dumbed-down that a sitting president is regarded as having 'scored points' in a debate because he had better 'zingers' than the opponent. I mean, are we electing a stand-up comedian? Do we need to know if he can juggle, or make balloon animals?
Yes, since Reagan's "there you go again", it's been about the zingers, unfortunately.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #1082
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Sarge, you appear to feel that Obama and the Democratic party have been "bad" for the military, and Rmoney and the repubicans have been / will be "good" for the military. Why? Have you forgotten the have the repubicans allowed Walter Reed Hospital to decay? Have you read heard that repubicans cut funding for embassy security? What basis do you have to be anti-Obama. Please don't let it be the bayonets remark, which you've misrepresented.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #1083
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I haven't misrepresented the facts. What concerns me are military cuts with a growing Chinese military and the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood throughout Southwest Asia and Africa. Plus, I feel the current administration has not supported Israel.

More & more unclassified reports are being released on Benghazi. I feel like our core belief of "leave no man behind" was spat upon by our leaders. Remember, this was US soil. How would you feel if foreign extremists burned your state capitol and killed the governor while the military/police stood and watched. Throw into this the conflicting reports that the ambassador was sodomized. Benghazi was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just can't get over that drones were circling overhead feeding live video to situation rooms.

Dana - What you are refering to is an expensive program that is an expansion of the COPS (community oriented policing) Universal Hire. A post 9/11 veteran is hired with the Bureau of Justice Assistance and Department of Justice paying his salary for 3 years and the local government paying his salary for the 4th year. It is a very expensive program that we can't afford. Also, COPS has not been funded or severely restricted on several occasions in more than one administration. Yes, this program would benefit me. However, the US can't afford the debt.

I am not pleased with Romney, but I see him as the "lesser of two evils".
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #1084
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Throw into this the conflicting reports that the ambassador was sodomized.
this is such massive, idiotic, conspiratorial bullshit, that i would think you'd be far above believing it for a split-second, sarge.
Ambassador Stevens was found in a locked, safehouse-style strongroom in the consulate, having died of smoke inhalation as the building was torched. His attackers never found or confronted him personally. The Libyan civilians who found his body took it immediately to the nearest hospital for medical attention.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #1085
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
... What concerns me are military cuts with a growing Chinese military and the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood throughout Southwest Asia and Africa. Plus, I feel the current administration has not supported Israel.
This is the part of your post that contains serious and real issues which if you rate them highly in your priorities are valid reasons to support Romney. Please be careful when looking at propaganda pages from angry racists or party hacks painting themselves as ex-military patriots.

I think our Navy is over-built, see China and Iran as over-hyped for the support of the arms industry, think Africa and Asia will have to figure out their own religious nutters while we work on ours, and Obama has got it about right in Israel. So we disagree but I still count you a good decent man and can't wait for Tuesday to be over so everybody can get back to being human.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #1086
Big Sarge

Ibby - the point of torture is still being reported and has even been brought up in Congress. "Congressman Burton, during a speech on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on September 14, 2012 dropped a bombshell when he indicated that Ambassador Steven was “tortured” in Libya before his death." Even Snopes says this is undetermined.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. The military is my "hot button."
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #1087
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Name:  granny1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  granny2.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  11.1 KB

Name:  granny3.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  9.0 KB

Name:  granny4.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  10.8 KB
Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #1088
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Name:  granny5.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  10.4 KB

Name:  granny6.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  8.5 KB

Name:  granny7.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  23.7 KB

the whole animated gif.

http://schwoozie.tumblr.com/post/34856654876/x
Old 11-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #1089
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Romney's dog got to ride on the top of the car.

All I got is this silly "I bark for Obama" t-shirt
Attached Images

Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1090
busterb
NSABFD

Hey folks This is the cartoon thread. the crying comes after the 6th. Ha Ha
Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1091
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
More & more unclassified reports are being released on Benghazi. I feel like our core belief of "leave no man behind" was spat upon by our leaders. Remember, this was US soil. How would you feel if foreign extremists burned your state capitol and killed the governor while the military/police stood and watched. Throw into this the conflicting reports that the ambassador was sodomized. Benghazi was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just can't get over that drones were circling overhead feeding live video to situation rooms.
They've been lying to you Sarge.
Quote:
Based on reports he's seen and heard on Fox News, talk radio and elsewhere, Moody is positive that officials watched a live video feed in the White House situation room from an overhead drone as the attack in Benghazi unfolded. He knows that a U.S. Special Operations team was available in Sicily to help rescue the besieged Americans, but wasn't sent. He is sure that President Obama or his aides refused requests to dispatch an AC-130 Spectre gunship that could have mowed down the attackers with its fearsome rotating cannons.

"The bottom line," emailed Moody, whose father was a Democratic U.S. senator from Michigan, "is that [Obama] had the ability to save those four Americans and didn't do it."

Officials in the Pentagon and the intelligence community contend that none of those assertions are true.

In an extraordinary effort to refute them, senior intelligence officials released a detailed timeline Thursday of CIA actions in Benghazi, after trying for weeks to keep the extent of the CIA's presence there a secret. Pentagon officials, meanwhile, disclosed details about military forces they set in motion after learning of the attack.
Read the details.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #1092
Big Sarge

Bruce - you know those UAS were monitored by someone. We don't have drones flying over an attack with no one watching
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #1093
Big Sarge

Like BusterB said, it is time to get back to the cartoons:
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #1094
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Bruce - you know those UAS were monitored by someone. We don't have drones flying over an attack with no one watching
Of course they were, somewhere out in Montana or somewhere, and when they figured out what was happening reported it.
Quote:
Senior intelligence and Defense officials say there was some coverage by unarmed surveillance drones during part of the Sept. 11 Benghazi attack, but no feed was available for the president. The Special Operations team arrived on the Italian island of Sicily hours after the attack was over.
also
Quote:
In fact, CIA security officers responded to the attack on the State Department compound within 25 minutes, U.S. officials said, though it took them 50 minutes to arrive.
It wasn't the embassy, they called it an "annex" but in truth it was a house a mile away. It was claimed to be living quarters but it was really a CIA operation center, they chose away from the embassy because they were trying to keep a low profile. Didn't even have a flag. That was a bad decision but we don't know who made it yet.

It was a terrible thing, but the outright bullshit that FOX, the milblogs, and CNN have been spouting, trying to make political hay out of it, is shameful.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #1095
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Shameful is the word. Lies, and more lies.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote