The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #121
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm drinking til I pass out tonight.

It's a plan, and I'm sticking to it.

Fuck everybody.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #122
busterb
NSABFD

I might just join ya ina little Tragando El Gato. Liver test the 5th. Guess who won't be happy?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #123
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I licked a cat last night/this morning...but, I didn't swallow it.

Tragando El Gato = Swallowing the cat (?)<--Google translation

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #124
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I've got some Rebel Yell whiskey (nasty stuff) and some Bacardi. I plan to drink it all. I have a grueling deposition tomorrow and I'm already tempted to say fuck it. Drinks are on me tonight!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #125
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

so.

I've bottled--no, wait. I've EMPTIED a five gallon carboy of its precious mead, bottling much of it. But I had more mead than bottles and some of it went into some glasses. It's not right to call it quality control, except that it was of acceptable quality and I was able to control the flow into the few bottles I had. The rest went into a glass, but shit, the glass didn't hold it either, so natually I had to make room in the glass. I did this by pouring some of the mead from the glass down my throat.

fuck, that carboy is a biiiiiiig bottle, ain't it?
Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #126
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hello again

just left work, went to the grocery store, brought groceries home and cooked some of them. then, I had a drink, or one and a half. I made room in the fridge by finishing the last of the eggnog, and put some rum in it. then I added my secret ingredient, not nutmeg, nope. not cinnamon. nope. chinese five spice powder. anise, cardamon, star anise, and some other sweet spicy stuffs. a very nice twist on the regular eggnog. there was aaaabboooout enough eggnog for two servings. ish. NOTE TO SELF: don't unscrew the cap next time, just flip the top and use the shaker top.

but I'm here to tell you that the buzz I'm feeling is probably from this new doodad I got at the store the other night. It's called a Vapor Spirit. I fucking love it. I got it from the local liquor store, and I think I stole it, approximately. the clerk didn't find a tag on it, so he called the owner... .while I waited on the call, I told the guy I'd give him $20 for it. nope, still holding.... he came back and said, $8. I said OK! because he obviously didn't hear me the first time. whatever dude. I later found out, via the website you've seen the link to that they retail for $50. wtf. I'm not paying fifty fucking bucks for that. reports of my willingness to pay $20 might or might not have some truth to them. but I was willing to part with $8 for one. Now I think I'll go back and try to buy the rest of them at the $8 price.

Because, friends, this is a fun toy. it's like fucking freebasing bourbon. I drink my bourbon neat under normal circumstances, my scotch too. I like several mixed drinks (but not that fucking Tulip, jesus, I'd rather be sober and thirsty, with a tickle in my throat before I'd let another one of those vile concoctions pass my lips PTUI!).

any fucking way.

this thing is a blast. the delivery of alcohol to the blood is very very fast. i'm inhaling alcohol. now, I have a one-finger glass next to me as well, but the glass is still more than half full (more than half of the original portion) and the buzz is palpable. I think I'm gonna go to bed in a minute, after this post.

such a fun toy.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #127
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Make sure you check in when you wake in the morning. That new toy sounds slightly dangerous. I have never heard of anything like it on the market here, and I doubt I will.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #128
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

There's no way it's any more dangerous than your average Australian rose bush. Those things'll bugger ya in yer sleep.

ETA:It's alcohol and an open (kinda) flame, what could possibly go wrong?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #129
busterb
NSABFD

Got an 1/2 gal of Geo Dickels today. Please disregard anything from me.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #130
hideouse
Coronation Incarnate

one bottle of Speyburn (a nice little Scotch) and a twelve pack of New Belgium Ranger IPA. So far, three wee drams and twentyfour ounces of beer. A good beginning I think.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #131
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Make sure you check in when you wake in the morning. That new toy sounds slightly dangerous. I have never heard of anything like it on the market here, and I doubt I will.
First of all, I'm not dead (yet).

Next, I'm drinking tonight, it's going to be nice. Off work early, don't have to be in until 11 am tomorrow.

NEXT, your question Ali, ok, not a question, but a request. The next day I had a pretty good headache. Well, shit. I was disappointed with my new toy. But not discouraged. I tried it again later, and many times since then, all with only pleasant results. I am going to conclude that the headache was from the eggnog/rum. I've had bourbon, neat, bourbon, rocks, scotch, both, etc. All of the stuff I drink regularly, and in combination with the Vapor Spirit. No problems.

It was the eggnog plus rum that gave me the headache.

Just plain booze and this ... gadget, no problemo. It really does do the job of letting me enjoy the flavor of the the liquor. Especially scotch, I like mine smoky, heavy, Islay, and the more the better. Laphroaig is the best I've had the pleasure to experience to date. It's sublime. No, actually, that's not true. It's about as sublime as a sledgehammer. It's potent, it's loud, it's turned up to eleven. And savoring a wee (very wee) dram in the inhaler lets me enjoy the best of it, the flavor and the aroma, in very economical way.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #132
nowhereman
sliding down the razor blade of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Laphroaig is the best I've had the pleasure to experience to date. It's sublime. No, actually, that's not true. It's about as sublime as a sledgehammer. It's potent, it's loud, it's turned up to eleven. And savoring a wee (very wee) dram in the inhaler lets me enjoy the best of it, the flavor and the aroma, in very economical way.
That's my "winter scotch". Your description is right on the money, but it sure does warm those cold nights.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #133
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I've just realized that I calculate how many gin and tonics I've had by counting the number of quarter limes I have accumulated in my glass and multiply by four.

I feel uneasy about this.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 PM   #134
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

but apparently not sufficiently uneasy to prevent me from finishing off that fucking yellow lime.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #135
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

G&T STRIKES AGAIN!