The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #46
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

When I get tired or stressed, my naturally shy tendencies take over, and I become quiet. I tend to withdraw emotionally when I get over-stressed.

I am scatter-brained, sometimes to the anoyance of others. I am patient about most things, but I have almost no tolerance for selfish behavior, particularly when at the expense of others. I also react poorly to having my integrity questioned.

I used to be generous with money to a crippling fault, but being taken advantage of a few times helped me grow a thick callous over my generosity.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:43 PM   #47
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Farting.

No, wait -- its way too funny to be annoying.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #48
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've polled all my constituents and I've no annoying traits.

At all.

I stole some vicodin once, but it was for a really good reason.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:31 PM   #49
Doodle
Cheese is strange.

I always put the milk in the cupboard, instead of back in the fridge.
Sometimes i put my keys in the fridge or some other random place like a bathroom drawer and can't find them.
It wouldn't be so bad if i didn't accidentally do things like this all the time.
I suppose it's just being absent minded.
My roomate thinks it's the worlds most annoying "trait".

Little Miss Doodle

Last edited by Doodle; 10-20-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:16 PM   #50
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
You very well might be my neighbor. He somehow got it in his head that playing his guitar, complete with amp, or playing with his band after midnight isn't a problem for anyone else who lives around his apartment. He's not all that great a singer either? Can you sing?
sing? oh no no no no no... well sometimes... but it's usually quietly and to myself.. I don't have any pretences about being a singer... and I try (usually succesfully) to NOT play my guitar with the amp plugged in (it's a Marshall 1/2 stack.. so it tends to pack a pretty sizeable whollop.. and where as it's great for playing clubs and such... not so good for practicing ) so other than that it's the accoustic or the 12 string (which my tuner went out on me.. so it's getting to be a bit out of tune and... yowch) and the band I am in/was in we practice over at our drummers house and are usually done by 11:00 at the latest.

oh! another few annoying traits of mine..

parenthetical quotation

not picking my mail up (thusly infuriating my mail person)

and randomly getting distracted by shiny things.. I think I may have been a crow in a former life (if there is such a thing)
Old 10-20-2004, 06:25 PM   #51
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle
I always put the milk in the cupboard, instead of back in the fridge.
Sometimes i put my keys in the fridge or some other random place like a bathroom drawer and can't find them.
It wouldn't be so bad if i didn't accidentally do things like this all the time.
I suppose it's just being absent minded.
My roomate thinks it's the worlds most annoying "trait".
I've some really bad news for you. It's not being absent-minded. You've real psychological problems. Milk in the cupboard, keys in the fridge---more to the story, Doodle.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:02 PM   #52
Doodle
Cheese is strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I've some really bad news for you. It's not being absent-minded. You've real psychological problems. Milk in the cupboard, keys in the fridge---more to the story, Doodle.

Well if it is a psychological "problem", i'm not too worried. There are worse ones to be had.

I could be smearing things on walls while screaming at imaginary people.

No worries here.

Little Miss Doodle
Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:19 AM   #53
triestemoi
Civil Civilian

OK this is the best thread I've found so far on this site. Doesn't that say enough right there?!? I have been shy and conservative and not posted much but truthfully I'm conservative but NOT shy and am tired of being ignored!!!!! Maybe this is just the wrong site for me to wander in and out of. Maybe I'm not aggressive enough and don't post enough but...........ah hell I don't know.... I've got LOT's of annoying traits...just like most of the people on here (meant as a joke, not a criticism!). Like SteveDallas, I'm more of a surfer than a talker. But people like us need more encouragement to bring out the best in us. So people, what do you say to that? (Actually I probably don't want to really know, it just was fun to act like I did for a few lines!) I know I'm going to get lot's of crap... let the fun begin!!!!!
triestemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:20 AM   #54
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by triestemoi
I've got LOT's of annoying traits...
You don't say?!?!?! I would have had no idea!!!!!!
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #55
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by triestemoi
OK this is the best thread I've found so far on this site. Doesn't that say enough right there?!? I have been shy and conservative and not posted much but truthfully I'm conservative but NOT shy and am tired of being ignored!!!!! Maybe this is just the wrong site for me to wander in and out of. Maybe I'm not aggressive enough and don't post enough but...........ah hell I don't know.... I've got LOT's of annoying traits...just like most of the people on here (meant as a joke, not a criticism!). Like SteveDallas, I'm more of a surfer than a talker. But people like us need more encouragement to bring out the best in us. So people, what do you say to that? (Actually I probably don't want to really know, it just was fun to act like I did for a few lines!) I know I'm going to get lot's of crap... let the fun begin!!!!!
Ignored?

Just get out here and post! I don't do it for *attention* but because I want to say something. so .... say something!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:00 PM   #56
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
Ignored?

Just get out here and post! I don't do it for *attention* but because I want to say something. so .... say something!
i do it for the attention.....

surprised?

didn't think so.

add that to my list
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #57
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Yeah, tell me about it. I do that shit constantly. I fixed dinner for this elderly lady recently and then put the meatloaf I'd made back in her cupboard with the pots and pans. I lost my debit card and reported it missing. Two weeks later the replacement debit card came in the mail and I lost it before I even had a chance to activate it. Then I found the first debit card in the toe of one of my shoes (???????). My life is continually filled with amazing surprises.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #58
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I become ever more forgetful with every passing year. I look forward to the day when I can hide my own Easter eggs.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:55 AM   #59
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I become ever more forgetful with every passing year. I look forward to the day when I can hide my own Easter eggs.
Hey! I can do that now! Except that by time Easter comes I'll have forgotten your suggestion. I hide my keys from myself - I didn't lock the door to my house for the better part of this summer because I kept loosing my house key, and I lock myself out of my car constantly because I leave the key in the ignition and lock the car. I have given a friend a set of spare car keys so he can come rescue me. I ALWAYS seem to loose my driver's license (have to go down for my third replacement one in a year (I think), my glasses, my prescriptions, my doctor's name which is in my daytimer which is lost, my cat, my car (once I couldn't remember where I'd parked it and called it in as stolen to the police - it was parked around the corner from the pay phone I made the call from), I even forget what I'm supposed to be looking for in the middle of searching for what ever it was. Today I watched Farenheit 911 on video and was amazed to hear about the events of the 2000 election. I didn't remember a single thing about it. Oh well...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #60
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Today I watched Farenheit 911 on video and was amazed to hear about the events of the 2000 election. I didn't remember a single thing about it. Oh well...
Sorry to spoil the mystery, but Bush won. I will refrain from detailed commentary on the way Michael Moore tells that particular tale as I have not seen Fahrenheit 9/11. Other people are free to jump all over that puppy. I would suspect that most people who remember the 2000 election don't remember it the way he does, however.

Buy a carabiner for your keychain. If the keys are not in your hand or in a lock, keep them clipped to a belt loop (my only exception to this rule is if I am carrying the dayplanner that's actually a concealment holster, in which case the keys are clipped to the strap). Haven't lost a set of keys yet ... (this includes the keys to the nuthouse which are on a separate keyring.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote