The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Creative Expression

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Old 08-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #706
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

some things Limey sent me.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #707
monster
I hear them call the tide

I figured, I was just being opportunistic
Old 08-29-2017, 04:21 PM   #708
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I figured, I was just being opportunistic
Yeh, I figured. thanks.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #709
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Finished truss number three of five last night. I'm learning, albeit, slowly. Just changed into my work clothes and now I'm headed back outside.

My friend T, whose clutch I replaced while he handed me tools, is helping me out of an abundance of guilty conscience (and an overpowering sense of reciprocity). I intend to take full advantage of it.

Pics later.

All five trusses are made, glued and nailed. Three are painted, two of those are on the roof already. Trusses four and five will be painted this afternoon and three four and five will be hauled onto the roof today or tomorrow. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, more rain than we've had all summer, so, more than a quarter inch, which tells me bupkis. But that I'm up on the roof part of the project now really means it's gonna be buckets, not bupkis.

Ok, break's over. Back to work.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #710
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Ok, break's over. Back on yer heads.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #711
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Quote:
Ok, break's over. Back on yer heads.
I actually *did* hear that in my head as I typed "back to work".
Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #712
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I ain't made nuthin. Not even a dirty dish. It appears this post is going to be the highlight of my day.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #713
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Two purlins left, the eave-most on each side. I can reach them from the ground, or at least from the ladder. I won't have to climb up on any scaffolding to get this next task finished.

Will still need to do a little touch up paint, then after the purlins, measure them, add foam wigglyboard whatever you call'ems on the purlins. Drill the corrugated roofing panels at the intervals matching the purlin spacing. Each panel is 2'x12', so I'll (be back up on the scaffolding) putting up the first panel, fastening it to the purlin from peak to eave, panel by panel. When one half of the roof is done, then add the ridge cap material, then repeat the roofing panel exercise on the other side of the roof, but I'll have to start by slipping the upper edge of the roofing under the ridge cap segments.

Moving around on the scaffolding is tedious as hell, lots of moving the boards I'm standing on, lots of crawling and slow motion hurdling over the high parts I can't crawl under.

I'll be really happy when this phase of the project's finished. Plus, I'll have cover for the lower part giving me protection from the rain as I install the deck onto the "patio slab", which is an uneven wreck. That's gonna be fun.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #714
Griff
still says videotape

Satisfaction is coming.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #715
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

And vice versa.

One panel got installed tonight.

*sigh*

I get about an hour and a half of daylight/twilight by the time I get up the ladder to get stuff done. And the panel I did get up is a little crooked, the price I pay for installing clear material after dark.

Anyway, only six nails have to come back out and I've modified my plan, simplifying it. Fuck predrilling the stacks together, gangwise. I'll just put the panel on, and drill it when standing next to it. No biggie. But the time I spent measuring was wasted.

And, I did spend some time talking to my godson, the electrician. He's willing to help me, but not willing to undertake the installation of a new upsized panel in the house to accommodate our expanded electrical service needs. I'm not willing to do that either, so we'll have to hire an electrician for that part. I'm willing to pull the wire in the crawlspace (ugh!) and trench and conduit/pvc to the hot tub location. I don't really want to make the final connections either.

I'm completely willing to perform long term quality control tests on the completed installation of the hot tub though. I'm not a total slacker!
Old 10-06-2017, 06:16 AM   #716
Griff
still says videotape

We all have our areas of expertise!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #717
glatt

And some of us are more like a jack of all trades and ace of none.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #718
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And don't forget we jackoffs.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #719
glatt

A couple days ago I bought one of those single egg frying pans because I have been making egg mcmuffins at home all summer and it's hard to get the eggs a nice shape. I wanted the nice round egg that fits an english muffin.

I tried it out this morning but needed a lid to melt the cheese. I used a little sheet of aluminum foil, and it worked, but I don't want to be wasting a sheet of foil every time I make one of these.

So I made a lid for the pan. And a small knob for the lid. I had some scrap aluminum from a broken insulated cookie sheet, and cut it on my band saw.

Name:  lid.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  28.3 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #720
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

When the apocalypse comes, glatt's living in my compound.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy