The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #76
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I've stopped Insanity too. I have not decided on a new program because I've been lazy. :p what have you decided to do next, Bro?
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #77
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I got back to the gym this week for the first time in a long time. Nothing close to Insanity, but putting in a solid 30 minutes at a good level on the elliptical. For me this is big progress. I'm not allowed to do anything with my upper body until after I see the doc again in July, and that's frustrating. But I'm happy that I can do a little cardio and not be ill for two weeks afterward!

My plan is to up the intensity of my cardio and lengthen my time to 45-60 minutes daily. I figure that will give me a little all-over loss and set me up for weight training as soon as I'm cleared for it.

What are you doing right now, Lola?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #78
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm embarrass to admit, absolutely nothing.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #79
Griff
still says videotape

I'll say it again find something fun that you actually miss when you don't do it. One of our college guys is back for the Summer and we fenced and fenced and fenced Thursday night that was just great. I'm going to miss mtb biking this weekend because we're going to see Book of Mormon and I miss it already...
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #80
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Well, I was going to start Insanity again, but it is just not something I like, It does work. I do notice a difference, but as I've gained an extra 5 pounds, I am thinking of doing half Insanity and half gym. I actually miss going to the gym. I still need new shoes, though.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #81
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Damn, just lost a long and honest post. Oh well...

Bro: Insanity is great. Just that I did it 3, 4 times already, so I don't want to do it anymore. Maybe I should get the Insanity Asylum.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #82
bbro

You got the bored with it syndrome I got ya.

I actually decided to do two weeks of just going to the gym, then I am going to do Insanity in June. I think that was my problem - trying to just jump in after not doing anything at all. Plus, I think the shoes are a huge issue. I can't get through 5 minutes without my feet hurting.

I am planning on going to a running shoe store to get fitted and find shoes that will work - cross my fingers. That's Friday. With the gym, yea the ache, but it isn't the "stop you in your tracks" pain. I am hoping that will help with my motivation.

Maybe I should put a notepad with the days until my next beach vacation around the house
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #83
bbro

Day 1 of the gym was yesterday and I forgot my headphones. I still worked out for 42 minutes with 360 calories burned.

Already have my gym clothes in the car and the water in the fridge for today. AND the headphones.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #84
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

42mins is great! Keep it up. It's a good idea to have everything in the car ready.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #85
bbro

Well, that way, I don't have to go home first - black hole there.

The only thing that sucks is I look like a pack mule in the morning: purse, laptop bag, food bag and gym bag. If I am lucky, I can stuff the purse into the top of my food bag - lol
Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #86
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Setting yourself up for success on a daily basis is worth a lot.

Keep it up.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #87
bbro

Thanks Perry!

I went again yesterday. About the same result. 47 minutes and 383 calories burned. It helped that I didn't use the machine's weight loss setting which uses the old adage of medium workout for fat loss this time.

Today, I have a mechanic appt, so I will be to the gym after. Maybe I will get there early and be able to have some breathing room!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #88
bbro

No gym yesterday - forgot the bag at home. No gym tonight - hanging out with guy
Old 06-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #89
bbro

Had a dilemma. I missed the gym yesterday, so I had to make up the calorie burn (I have a goal of 2000 calories burned a week), BUT I have plans to go over a friend's tonight at 6:30

I did the only logical thing - left work early, got in 53 minutes and burned 457 calories
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #90
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Good for you, bbro!

I got to the gym yesterday and today - still only allowed to do cardio, but I can comfortably do 30 - 35 minutes on the elliptical now and burn 400 cal. I haven't been able to push myself that hard for months. It feels good.

Now I have four days in which I won't have a single chance to work out - flying to Ottawa, Canada to visit my dad. I guess some fast walking on the road outside his place will have to do.