The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-16-2017, 06:48 AM   #436
Griff
still says videotape

Today I learned that Ben Sasse is a really thoughtful dude whose conservatism seems to be based in preserving the good but is caring enough to look at modern problems with fresh eyes. I remember Republicans like this...
Old 05-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #437
Pamela
Deplorable

Today I learned NOT to chase the black with white stripes.

- Bongo the stinky boxer
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #438
monster
I hear them call the tide

....I bet he didn't learn, though.....
Old 05-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #439
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

My buddy's dog jumped up one night when we were sitting around the fire, and growled, then took off into the night. About three or four minutes later, in the field across the road, we heard her bark twice, mean-like, then she yelped.

A few minutes later we smelled the skunk that had sprayed her, and then she came up. Reeking.

Buddy hollered "Ginger! No! Get away!" before she got very close to us. That dog literally tucked her tail between her legs and went to the barn, while looking over her shoulder at us.

She stank for a month.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #440
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
Today I learned NOT to chase the black with white stripes.

- Bongo the stinky boxer
Tomato juice/sauce bath.

Then wash off the tomato juice/sauce.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #441
Pamela
Deplorable

I know about that. Junior got a skunk cornered under the porch once.

Now, just try that when you live in a semi and haven't laid eyes on a tub in a month of Sundays.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #442
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I know that works, and my dad buried my clothes.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #443
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The waitress brought the bill on a mini-clipboard and the total was $39.xx so I put three $20 under the clip and she came back and took it away. I assumed she would realize it was a tip.
We were engrossed is conversation when the waitress is suddenly standing there with the mini-clipboard with money on it. I waved her off but noticed the top of the money was a $1.
I questioned my companion why would she change the $20 and was informed that is standard procedure to bring back change, even an obvious overpayment, in smaller bills in hopes of getting a tip.
It was one of those forehead slapping moments. Evidently everybody in the fucking world was aware of this protocol except me.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #444
glatt

I think there are many people who would do exactly what you did, but with the intention of leaving a $6 tip, and they want change back from the $20. Actually, I know one guy who would find a way to convince himself that a $5 tip is generous.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #445
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes, that's what I learned yesterday. Seems everybody knew the system but me. I suppose if she hadn't brought it back without me explicitly telling her not to she could be accused of theft or at least been hassled. My dining companion couldn't understand why I always over tip, unless they earned a lesser amount. Then one day a guy at her business gave her a $35 tip for a repair on a long leather duster that was particularly difficult. Her customers never tip. She said that $35 wasn't going to change her budget but made her warm and fuzzy for two days. That's exactly the point.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #446
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

One may put a popsicle in a glass of champagne to celebrate Memorial Day.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #447
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

2000 people tweeted she shouldn't fuck around on Memorial day while they BBQ, get drunk, while having lust in their hearts for the neighbor. They want her to show more support for the armed forces.
Hello... Memorial day is not about support for the armed forces. It's not about thanking vets for their service. It's about honoring those that had their lives taken from them by stupid governments quarreling. WW II in defense of the nation... WW I, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc, not so much. [/rant]
Old 05-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #448
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today I learned about Pearl Hart, a female outlaw of the semi-Old West. She committed one of the last documented stagecoach robberies in America.

In learning about Ms. Hart, I also learned the words demimonde, and demimondaine.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #449
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Today I learned that Brits use a brand name as a generic term for PA system. I looked up its history in Wikipedia.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #450
monster
I hear them call the tide

never even occurred to me it was a Brand Name -but I don't use it. I've forgotten if I ever used to. I think I just said "loud speakers" ...but I know what it means and wouldn't bat an eyelid if I heard it used