BigV
Goon Squad Leader

all hail the Queen!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #1007
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I think all seniors should have to retake their driving test at 65, 70, 75, and every two years after that. So sayeth Queen Clodfobble.
Lady Ortho agrees. And, Bri - call his PCP and tell them your concerns, ask them to get him in for something or other - they can cobble up a reason to ask him to come in. Then they can give him a mental status exam, book him some tests, and ... send in a form to the state Dept of Transportation outlining the problems. The state will then pull his license. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

Sorry this is happening. It sounds like your father has serious medical issues going on, BUT those don't excuse or explain his treatment of you all these years. Going no contact is sometimes the only way to deal. Glad you're taking steps to protect yourself.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #1008
Griff
still says videotape

Intercepting that license renewal might be the way. Not that I'm all about committing Federal offenses.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #1009
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yeah Bri, breaking off all contact is seriously hard no matter how important it is to do. You mind fuck yourself worse than anyone else could do, no shit, but be strong. Good luck on this.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #1010
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm so sorry to hear how your dad treats you. It's sad when a parent treats his/her child badly.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #1011
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

be strong or get some pepper spray , or both
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #1012
Nirvana
Back in 10

That sux Bri , can you call social services?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #1013
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think there should be an anti-social services
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1014
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

anti-social services - good one!

In Ohio NO ONE can take away your drivers license for any reason other than DUI, vehicular homicide or non-payment of child support. You can be a 102 year old schizophrenic and still drive in Ohio. His PCP is a quack - that's why he goes to him. (Example of his quackery: he treated my dad for blood in his urine for a full YEAR before investigating the cause. Turns out - he had bladder cancer and lost his bladder. Recently dad told me he had blood in his collection bag -one he wears at night- and said PCP put him on macrobid. NO FOLLOW UP. I called and requested a U/A post macrobid treatment and was told, "Oh, yeah, I guess that is a good idea. Better safe than sorry!" guess what? His "infection" was NOT clear and NOW he's on Cipro with a follow up in OCTOBER. All three of us - his daughters- have told him this guy is a quack but he goes to him b/c this PCP will NEVER tell him not to drive, not to go on to roof tops with a running chainsaw or similar) We are calling a lawyer to have him compelled to take a neuro test - if he doesn't take it then the judge can handle it from there.

My older sis went to talk with him yesterday. He admitted that I "rub him the wrong way" and he doesn't like me when she pointed out that he treats me very differently than her or my little sister. He just doesn't LIKE ME. He roots for my downfall, he likes people who abuse me (like my weird neighbor - he can't be nice enough to her- falls all over himself to be cordial to her when he knows I hate her) he plans - and told me - that he will outlive me and I "disgust" him with my alcoholism. (A malady his own father had).

I am feeling both numb and sad and mad at this confirmation of information.

He plans to drive himself to PA for a reunion of his and I PRAY TO THE FSM THAT HE ONLY KILL HIMSELF WHEN HE CRASHES THE CAR.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #1015
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Maybe your Dad's doc doesn't like him much and is trying to kill him off for you?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #1016
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Imma gonna psychically kill him off tonight - it's a blue moon in Pisces! My magic will work or I'm a muggle!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #1017
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
anti-social services - good one!

In Ohio NO ONE can take away your drivers license for any reason other than DUI, vehicular homicide or non-payment of child support. You can be a 102 year old schizophrenic and still drive in Ohio. His PCP is a quack - that's why he goes to him. (Example of his quackery: he treated my dad for blood in his urine for a full YEAR before investigating the cause. Turns out - he had bladder cancer and lost his bladder. Recently dad told me he had blood in his collection bag -one he wears at night- and said PCP put him on macrobid. NO FOLLOW UP. I called and requested a U/A post macrobid treatment and was told, "Oh, yeah, I guess that is a good idea. Better safe than sorry!" guess what? His "infection" was NOT clear and NOW he's on Cipro with a follow up in OCTOBER. All three of us - his daughters- have told him this guy is a quack but he goes to him b/c this PCP will NEVER tell him not to drive, not to go on to roof tops with a running chainsaw or similar) We are calling a lawyer to have him compelled to take a neuro test - if he doesn't take it then the judge can handle it from there.

My older sis went to talk with him yesterday. He admitted that I "rub him the wrong way" and he doesn't like me when she pointed out that he treats me very differently than her or my little sister. He just doesn't LIKE ME. He roots for my downfall, he likes people who abuse me (like my weird neighbor - he can't be nice enough to her- falls all over himself to be cordial to her when he knows I hate her) he plans - and told me - that he will outlive me and I "disgust" him with my alcoholism. (A malady his own father had).

I am feeling both numb and sad and mad at this confirmation of information.

He plans to drive himself to PA for a reunion of his and I PRAY TO THE FSM THAT HE ONLY KILL HIMSELF WHEN HE CRASHES THE CAR.
Totally sucks, Brianna. I'm sorry you have such a crap situation.

Your fears are well grounded.

Quote:
The elderly driver who backed his car into pedestrians across from an elementary school has a valid license and a clean driving record, but his family says his driving days are over. The accident happened at the intersection of 53rd and Main streets outside Main Elementary School around 2:30 p.m., just after school had let out. Fire officials said 11 people were taken to local hospitals. Two adults and nine children were injured, including three 4-year-old boys and one 11-year-old boy.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #1018
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

There's an impromptu drinks night tonite for work.

I really, really want to go...because the new big boss has tickled my fancy, I like my fellow workers...and because I need a night out...but - I have to work aaaaalllll day tomorrow (11 hours on Sunday) and I have to be pleasant and not hungover to do my job...plus I dont want to *waste* a babysitting night when I can only go out for a few hours and will have to drive home.

:::sigh:::
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #1019
monster
I hear them call the tide

oh that sucks
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #1020
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

we really do need a sarcasm font
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote