The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #376
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

I believe you can buy used panties from a machine in Japan.
FTFY
Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #377
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
There's not much more likely to get stuck in a vending machine than flip-flops.
Word. I do good to get my pack of crackers. And people thought I went ballistic over 75 cents! For $20, I'm lighting that sumbitch on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
FTFY
You know, I believe they were used panties, now that I think of it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #378
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They're shrink wrapped so they shouldn't get hung up any worse than anything else... the shoes, not the used panties.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #379
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I bought a pair of flipflops from The Pound Shop last year.
Well actually Mum bought them, to go to and from the shower block when we were on holiday.
I am still wearing them and she borrows them when she goes to have her toenails painted.

So by my reckoning, $20 flip flops better last me 13 years at current exchange rates...

Not knocking fancy footwear (anything over £10 is fancy for me).
I take a UK size 6, feel free to send me all kinds of expensive flip flops for my 40th birthday. 1st July dontcha know.

Or used underwear of course
Old 06-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #380
monster
I hear them call the tide

I used to baulk at spending more than a couple of bucks on flip-flops, but after I scored a really good pair on clearance and now I wear them all the time, I can't go back to the cheapies. My good pair just wore out and the only replacements I could find were $15 crocs brand. Near killed me to buy them........ but i know I wont slip on deck and they have great arch and heel support. So comfy. And not likely to break at an inopportune moment.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #381
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Teva makes awesome flip-flops, monster, if you want to shy away from the Crocs.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #382
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hm, thanks, I just looked them up and the ones that might do what I need them to do on deck were $60 and up! figures....
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #383
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Telegraph
12 June 2012
Sales of ‘wet dog’ perfume soar
Quote:
A canine-inspired scent for humans has proved an unlikely hit online.

Eau de Mutt, which replicates the scent of a dog's coat when wet, has become an unlikely bestseller online.
<snip>
Scotland-based company Moggy, who are responsible for manufacturing the Eau de Mutt,
believe that the success of the product is down to how dog-obsessed consumers have become.

Priced at the barkgainous sum of £15 for 50ml, celebrity perfumers such as Katy Perry and Britney Spears
could soon see their glamorous, sickly-sweet scents pushed out of the market.
Attached Images

Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #384
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Wait, I thought April First was already over.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #385
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Wait, I thought April First was already over.
It is, but gullible sucker lasts all year long.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #386
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm guessing it's more of a revenge tool. You know, Great Aunt Sadie pisses you off...soak her bed linens in Eau de Mutt.

Don't forget the linen closet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #387
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Ever have a sudden urge for crisp-crusted, ooey-gooey, cheesy pizza? You want it STAT. Not in the time it takes to preheat the oven to 500 degrees for a frozen pizza. Not in the 20 minutes it takes for the pizza delivery guy to arrive. And certainly not in however many hours it would take to make homemade dough and marinara sauce.

Get ready for Let's Pizza, a pizza vending machine that promises to deliver a piping hot pizza pie made from scratch in less than three minutes.

The brainchild of Italian entrepreneur Claudio Torghel, the machine will be distributed by A1 Concepts, based out of the Netherlands. It's expected to hit our shores later this year, according to the industry website Pizza Marketplace. The company is expected to set up its U.S. headquarters in Atlanta.

What is remarkable about the new machine is that it truly makes pizzas to order, including kneading and rolling out the dough. (The above video says the leavening takes place in a blistering hot infra-red oven.) There are more than 200 toppings from which to choose. The machine can even accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions, such as those for vegetarian and Kosher diets.

"Let's Pizza is a huge success in Europe and especially in Italy. That was proof for us that we have a very good pizza," A1 Concepts Chief Executive Ronald Rammer told Pizza Marketplace.

The pizza arrives in an insulated take-away box. The machine takes cash and credit cards. A 10-inch pizza will sell for about $5.95.

Rammer said Americans could expect to see the new machines at malls, airports, hospitals, restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, universities, gas stations and bus stations.

But perhaps the single best thing about Let's Pizza, according to the above video? The lack of the human touch.

At several points in the above presentation, the makers stress cleanliness: Your "healthy and genuine pizza" is "untouched by human hands" and made in a "human-free environment."

That would sound a little bit weird ... if we weren't drooling over the notion of piping hot pizza made from scratch.
Via the LA Times. TOTALLY beats a flip-flop machine.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #388
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Looks grim.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #389
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  landsharktruck.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  122.0 KB

Old 06-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #390
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

candygram
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote