Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #31
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I really think foot3 knew what he was doing when he made very similar comments in threads I was posting in and he did it to stir me up. .
Yebbut... you thought the Dolphin/Shark thing was all about you too.....
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #32
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

So did I. You tellin us otherwise?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #33
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
So did I. You tellin us otherwise?
it was about you. just not ali.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #34
monster

(your ex was talking one night.....)
Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #35
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ali, I want to apologize for the many mean things I said about you and/or your beliefs, etc. I drank A LOT during my cancer (and even before) but I cannot blame all my previous hostility on that. I think people here DO support you and like you for your input and opinions----we all need each other so we can grow and truly become a united global world. I do not wish to upset you further and won't post again about this but I truly do regret egging you on or calling you vile names and I hope you can forgive me. That's all I can do. I'm glad you are happy, Ali. Communicating thru a message board is difficult, at best, as you cannot read body language, voice inflection, etc. and I tend (tended?) to be more of a sarcastic master than an understanding, compassionate part of this community. I'm sorry for that and I know I have more to offer. Why not just start a-fresh? Every day is a new day.

Peace.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #36
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sounds like a plan to me Bri. Let's wipe the slate clean huh? (actually, I already thought we had, but a declaration is just as good)

You've made my day. Thankyou.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #37
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Sounds like a plan to me Bri. Let's wipe the slate clean huh? (actually, I already thought we had, but a declaration is just as good)

You've made my day. Thankyou.
I wanted (needed) to make the public declaration as I was in the wrong. I must live this way and apologize for my assholeness in the past. It brings me peace and I"m glad it has cheered you.

Now. On to Dana!

(see how alcoholics make everything about themselves? Still a selfish wench, I am.) Anyway, good luck with the strange MIL. Trust and it will work out.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #38
Aliantha

I'm sure I had my part to play in the whole thing Bri. It always takes two to tango, and I'm pretty sure I said some pretty nasty stuff to you too. We were both idiots. How's that for fair?

Drunk typing is often a big mistake. I haven't done too much of it on this site, but I have done on other sites, and it usually ended up with me looking in the next morning and thinking to myself "WTF?".

Good luck on this new phase of your life. Sounds like it's all looking up for you and it's about time.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:22 PM   #39
classicman

now back to your regularly scheduled making fun of MIL's
Old 08-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #40
Aliantha

I thought I'd share this message that I got last night from my cousin in reference to his MIL.

His wifes father has moved in with them as he has a terminal illness so the family is under a fair amount of stress at the moment. I had said something comforting to him via email, and this was his response.

Quote:
hi trish ,thanks for that.its not that hard for me though.its hard for me to feel any empathy at all for anita's family ,we didn't hear from them for more than five years and all of asudden her dad is living with us and if i ever see her mum again i will be reaching for a fuel jerry and a lighter a bullet would be too kind.actually i dont think iether would work because she is the antichrist you know.i reckon she could inhale the flames catch the bullet with her teeth and eat it and then hit me with a disintergrating ray from her eyballs, all in a nanosecond.

my car has a blown head gasket boo hoo
Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #41
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I thought my ex MIL was a bit of a fruitloop. Blimey - I had no idea. She was just a slightly scatty 60 year old. Nothing like the MILzillas you have.

Bri is it really awful of me that when I read your happy smiley posts I picture you with your eyes rolled right up into your head? I'm sorry - it's really positive and I'll get used to it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #42
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
People said I shouldn't have an opinion on US politics so I've basically stopped commenting (more or less) in politics or current events.

People say I have no sense of humour, but maybe I just don't put enough smiley faces in my posts.

People say I'm anti american, but I can tell you that's a lie whether you believe it or not.
I don't believe any of that Ali. You are a good egg. Keep posting.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #43
classicman

Agreed!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #44
Aliantha

Thanks Merc, I'll keep posting even if it does annoy the shit out of some people. There's one or two people here who annoy the shit out of me too. I've decided to employ the ignore feature for that reason. They never post anything of substance anyway, so I'm not going to miss much.

Thanks to you to Dave. I think you must be my number one fan these days.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #45
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Thanks Merc, I'll keep posting even if it does annoy the shit out of some people. There's one or two people here who annoy the shit out of me too. I've decided to employ the ignore feature for that reason. They never post anything of substance anyway, so I'm not going to miss much.
I have done that and it has improved my reading and participation significantly.