The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Fraud Protection?

Ok let's watch Cic go on a rant. Why does so-called fraud protection continually cost the consumer? Do I have to insure that the company I am seeking goods and services from that I am not a fraud as well as soak up the costs for their failed business practices by paying them extra, or soaking up additional costs from my own pocket?

Why do I pay extra in most cases as a preventative measure to cover the costs of the company? Why is it my responsibility to pay for the fraudulent practices of their customers?

Now that I pay extra for the criminal actions of their customers...who is attempting to defraud who?

Ok: Anecdote.

I buy from company A, and they add an extra fee for the transaction because of the loss from customer C, as explanation. Not to be so noticeable as to have this fee be astounding. So company A receives the fee and as it turns out, customer C actually accrued no costs, so this goes in as profit. So I have compensated for a variable that may or may not exist. This fee may adjust their losses or if they have not experienced a certain amount of losses for that period it has now been adjusted as profit.

I can choose not to buy from these companies or maintain these types of transactions, but this is all too prevalent with corporate so I can not refuse all transactions. If they had a more effective transaction history I would not have to pay for fraud protection, yet I am asked to pay for their fowl ups in fees or additional costs that may turn a profit or adjust their losses. Why is this my responsibility, and am I not being defrauded myself?

/off Rant

Long story short, these types of transactions are costing time and money, and are less efficient for the consumer. I am asked to cover their risk.

I'll get over it.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
jinx
Come on, cat.

As much as I enjoyed your rant - it would be more effective to call your piece of shit state rep, congresswhore, etc. and rant at them. At least you'd get a form letter on fancy stationary in response...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Cicero

Nah just blowing off steam.....

Anyone who charges me money just in case I suck, sucks. Not only that, they now have ran off with a profit, just in case I suck.

I mean, can I openly state I have no concern for their fraud protection and ask that they change the way they do business instead of extracting my money?

In my active imagination I am thinking of charging people prior to ordinary transactions as well, just in case they screw up, or they suck. Like at the bank. This pleases me. Rant over.

In fact, since this occurred at a bank, and elsewhere, I really need to cover these losses as well, and there is risk it will occur again....so...

Last edited by Cicero; 05-21-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

did tw get your pasword cic?

what the christ are you talking about?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Cicero

LOL! Rants over..move along.
And hopefully that is the last time the t-dub and I are confused for one another..