The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #106
perth
Strong Silent Type

I wouldn't go throwing *too* much into the stash, things you don't think you need now become important later. Don't donate meat to the clan, do as VSP suggested above. We don't need to waste money on clan warfare, it's just about worthless. We already have everything a clan can purchase, so there really is no need.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #107
perth
Strong Silent Type

And the *-in-the-box items blow up after ~80 uses. I think the range is 75-85. When they blow up, you get random parts back and a couple nasty dishes/drinks, which can sell for a lot of money, because some are used to earn trophies.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #108
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Well, I figure I can easily pop back to pick up anything later. But I'm still figuring out what's worth what--I bought a Double Beelzebub Burger for 450 at the flea market.. no idea if that's an OK price.

By the way I meant to ask, how the hell did the clan get so much meat in the first place? I don't know how much the meat tree and the calendar & gym gear cost, but I assume it was a lot, and there's 185 big ones left??? I'm sure meat's much easier to come by when you're higher than a lowly 3rd level accordion thief but I was still surprised by the amount.

Oh and my drunkenness level is 12, I figured I didn't have any adventure points left anyway. I'll attempt to duplicate that level in real life later tonight since I made a little stop on the way home!

Last edited by SteveDallas; 06-23-2005 at 08:03 PM.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #109
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
Well, I figure I can easily pop back to pick up anything later. But I'm still figuring out what's worth what--I bought a Double Beelzebub Burger for 450 at the flea market.. no idea if that's an OK price.
Be wary of most food items that sound demonic, as they give adventures but REDUCE stats slightly. (Hell Ramen is the exception to that rule.) Find yourself an Evil Golden Arch, combine it with another one, and you'll have yourself an easy way of learning about Evil food.

Clan warfare is particularly pointless and not worth exploring. Major waste of meat.

Early on, look for things like kabobs, skewered cat appendices, hot wings, and tacos at reasonable prices. Pizzas are excellent at low-mid levels once you start digging up the ingredients to make better ones (sausage, goat cheese, mushrooms). Pastamancers have a natural advantage once they start creating Dry Noodles daily.

Drinks... well, the newcomers won't get a Tiny Plastic Sword any time soon, so never mind that. Once you start finding Bottles of booze (Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka, Boxed Wine, Whiskey) regularly, look for fruit and other things to cocktail-craft with them. Disco Bandits can enhance them further. Before and after that, beer is fine, if unspectacular.

I had about 100+ Little Paper Umbrellas left over in my stash from hordes of Shore trips, and made about 170K+ with them today converting Boxed Wine + Soda Water + LPUs into Horizontal Tangos and dumping them on the market. Blew up two Bartenders in the process, though.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #110
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I finally put together a Chef-in-a-Box, but I was already full... I cooked up a few tacos for tomorrow.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:51 AM   #111
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

I've been paying in...this that and the other thing.. stevedalllas keep the faith and the humour.. it'll make sense.. think if ot as an AD&D joke ? make sense?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:55 AM   #112
cowhead

as a disco bandit..I'll do the dirty work for you baby.. for a cut
Old 06-24-2005, 03:56 AM   #113
cowhead

very little since you just threw mw 25K meat. free? uh advanced drinkmaking? i'm your cabana boy
Old 06-24-2005, 07:03 AM   #114
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Naughty Sorceress == Dead. Again. Did it as a L12 Disco Bandit, and I *heart* Wussiness Potions and my trusty Cocoabo.

Debating which skill I want to carry over. Mad Looting Skillz would seem to be the logical choice, but Disco Face Stab was _so_ useful in combat all along the way, and kept me going in nastier zones that would've otherwise been too hard for me at the time. Cocktailcrafting ain't what it used to be, so that's out. Definitely want to stay with a Moxie sign, though, as the Clockwork stuff you can get from that is choice.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #115
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Note to self: when Ascending, next time remember that you lose Liver of Steel, so drinking three Dirty Martinis upon regenerating means that you get to wait 'til tomorrow to use your 180+ turns...
Old 06-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #116
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Ouch! So you'll lose at least 20 off the bat!
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #117
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

I can live with that. (Only ate three Burritos, so it could've been worse.) I also took too much out of storage and forgot to take out my Mr. A, so maybe waiting a day to pull it and 19 other items out might not be a bad idea.

My Clockwork Maid, Clockwork Chef-in-the-Box and Bartender-in-the-Box are in place, though, along with a Cottage and a Beanbag Chair. I love the stat gains from high-end food/drink items -- haven't moved a step from the beginning and I'm already level 3.

My Pastamancer is slogging through a slower grind, but that doesn't surprise me much.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #118
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Will I naturally find out how to build all these dandy contraptions, or should I start digging for info? (It's nice to have help, but more fun to figure it out yourself, so I tend to not go digging in the forums for every single thing.)

Funny you should mention AD&D.... I hung out with a group who played it in late high school & college. (Some overlap in people there.) My characters always seemed to die early, so I kind of stopped playing and hung out and drank and kibbitzed.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #119
perth
Strong Silent Type

VERY spoilerish, but it's a nice site and I've used it on occasion when I was stuck:
http://kol.thraeryn.org/wiki/Main_Page
Recipes, familiars, quests locations. It's all there. It's a LOT more fun to experminet though, I think.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #120
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowhead
very little since you just threw mw 25K meat. free? uh advanced drinkmaking? i'm your cabana boy
you're welcome