Person who doesn't update the user title

It's exciting. Post a picture.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #62
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I are afraid.
We bought ours on Saturday morning, and since we had taken it overnight on Friday for our mechanic to check out, we had to drive to the dealer in separate cars. It was almost an hour's drive, and as I got closer and closer to the dealership, I started feeling sicker and sicker. Alone with my thoughts in this car we were planning to buy, my mind was going to dark places. Is the car a lemon? How will the negotiations go? Can we really afford this? I hate car shopping.

But last night, I was reading through the owner's manual, and discovering all this little neat things the car does that I hadn't realized when we looked at it. Nothing major, but things like I didn't realize the clock would also display the outside temperature if you pushed the little button next to it. Things like that. So I'm starting to feel good about it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #63
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Many thanks for the kind thoughts expressed - Mr Limey has a touch of pneumonia and will be kept in hospital for the next day or two on IV antibiotics, nebulisers and all the delights that the NHS can provide. I'm feeling better - I hope he will be, too, soon!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #64
glatt

I'm glad they are taking care of him, Limey!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
limey

Me too! And I'm glad the new car thang is turning out OK. It's nice when you discover the good-but-hitherto-unknown-little-things in your new one, innit!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #66
glatt

If he's spending another night in the hospital, does that mean you have the house to youself? You can crank the stereo and dance around in your underwear like Tom Cruise in Risky Business.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #67
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
as I got closer and closer to the dealership, I started feeling sicker and sicker. Alone with my thoughts in this car we were planning to buy, my mind was going to dark places. Is the car a lemon? How will the negotiations go? Can we really afford this? I hate car shopping.
This.

Plus I was driving my partner of 12 years to his slaughter.... I almost started ...but made it through and now have a shiny red tank parked in my driveway.

Jim begged me not to name him (thanks for all your help, Jim), so of course I did, even though it's not my norm. Cars that get named generally aquire that name years down the road due to some event or characteristic they are revealed to have. So feel free to guess away......

(oop, thread hijack ....like I give a fuck : ) Tell ya what, I'll post a pic in the new car thead and we can move the guessing game to there, should anyone feel like participating.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #68
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Glad to hear Mr. Limey's doing better! Take care of yourself as well, now!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #69
limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
If he's spending another night in the hospital, does that mean you have the house to youself? You can crank the stereo and dance around in your underwear like Tom Cruise in Risky Business.
You think I'd let my husband miss out on that?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
Glad to hear Mr. Limey's doing better! Take care of yourself as well, now!
I will, thank you!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #70
orthodoc

First chemo is tomorrow. I'm still healing from the second skin graft but they don't want to delay any longer, so here goes. I just get to be extra OCD about sterilizing everything.

Got my groceries stocked up, got my remedies and green tea, got my comedy CDs and panda t-shirt and grizzly bear baseball cap. I decided to let myself be just a teeny bit nervous about this - magical thinking - because I went into surgery figuring it'd be straightforward and yikes ... so if I'm a little nervous, maybe that anaphylactic reaction won't happen tomorrow ...

Last edited by orthodoc; 10-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #71
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

nervous sounds reasonable, courageous.

you remember courage? action in the face of justified fear? You have it.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #72
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

nah, no anaphylactic reaction- they give you IV steroids. The stuff they gave me was a deep purpley-red. Reminded me of pomegrenat seeds. What are you getting? Taxotere and ACT was what I got. In that order. it's usually the other way around.

got any ativan? ambien? I'd advise you treat yourself to one of them along with your jammies, etc. How many doses are you getting? are you getting them in the hosp. or the onco's office?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #73
orthodoc

Yeah, I've got the steroids today and for the next three days ... still a chance, but much less. It's the Taxotere that's problematic. That's what I mean - it's a small chance, so a little magical thinking should take care of it, rather than being all confident like I was in September.

I've got some Ativan - I'll bring it along just in case. I'm getting six cycles, TC - taxotere and cyclophosphamide. No adriamycin (the A in ACT). Our hospital has an infusion center, so it's half and half - a bit more intensive than an office but not admitted to hospital.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #74
orthodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
nervous sounds reasonable, courageous.

you remember courage? action in the face of justified fear? You have it.
Scared to death but saddling up anyway ... hoping I don't fall off the other side ... thank you
Old 10-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #75
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

IF you can keep us up to date with how you're doing. You might be too tired.
Sleep, ask people for favors and best wishes for tomorrow, sweetie.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
philadelphia cream