The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #976
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

So, I tied to download a video from YouTube this morning.

Used the program I always use, but instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

WTF?

Oh, it's prolly cause the vid is a clip from America's Got Talent. I'll try this other vid I want...But instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

WTFF, man?

I tried a random video, and then a video I've downloaded before...But instead of the screen I usually get asking in which resolution I want the download, I get a screen saying 'this vid requires you to log in to download it'.

Goddammit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #977
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I positively fucking abhor failure, in any form, first goddamn thing in the morning.

Aaaaand I'm sizzlin'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #978
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I just tried recording to mp3 off YouTube and got THE shittiest sound to ever come out of this computer.

I know good and goddamn well that two (2) different unrelated programs did not decide to shit the bed on the same day.

Anybody know if YouTube decided to fuck the world today or what?

Old 01-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #979
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This day is fucked. Might as well admit defeat. Fuck it.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #980
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

YouTube has definitely been screwing around with their code--ads are sometimes making it through AdBlock, in the last few weeks.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #981
glatt

I'm taking a crew of 12 to Boy Scouts' holy grail, Philmont, on the 28th of this month for a 10 day backpacking trip through the mountains. I've been looking forward to it for a year and a half. We have been training hard since November.

So I saw in the news last night that there's a big uncontrolled wildfire right in the middle of it. And I checked the MODIS fire data on Google Earth and see the 4 of our campsites have burned so far.

Awesome. That's just perfect.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #982
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Whoa. At least you weren't already at the campsite when the fire headed that way?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #983
glatt

This is true. Nobody has been hurt in this fire, and the place hadn't opened yet for the summer, so there were not thousands of kids to evacuate from a hundred square miles of back country.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #984
Griff
still says videotape

Crap. Is there a back up plan?
Old 06-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #985
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Could've been worse. Might've been a missed opportunity; but, the "Fireman" merit badge was discontinued in 1911. No sweat.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #986
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'm taking a crew of 12 to Boy Scouts' holy grail, Philmont, on the 28th of this month for a 10 day backpacking trip through the mountains. I've been looking forward to it for a year and a half. We have been training hard since November.

Bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmont
At this time, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all backcountry treks that were scheduled to take place in the Philmont backcountry from June 8 – July 14, 2018. We hope that back country treks may resume after July 14, 2018 with altered itineraries, assuming the back country is safe and infrastructure is restored.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:24 PM   #987
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

That sux.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #988
monster
I hear them call the tide

ugh, sorry
Old 06-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #989
glatt

Yeah. This totally bites.

I got an email yesterday just before leaving for our regular scout meeting that our trek is cancelled.

I broke the news to the boys who were at the meeting, and they were very disappointed. It's crazy. I mean, it's just a trip. But we have been training really hard for it for months.

So now I'm faced with trying to cobble something together that we can do ourselves, and there is no time to plan it properly. We would be out there for 14 days. I have planned weekend scout trips before and it takes a lot of work. Filling 14 days is really overwhelming. I'm not sure if it's possible in the limited time I have.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #990
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yeah. This totally bites.

I got an email yesterday just before leaving for our regular scout meeting that our trek is cancelled.

I broke the news to the boys who were at the meeting, and they were very disappointed. It's crazy. I mean, it's just a trip. But we have been training really hard for it for months.

So now I'm faced with trying to cobble something together that we can do ourselves, and there is no time to plan it properly. We would be out there for 14 days. I have planned weekend scout trips before and it takes a lot of work. Filling 14 days is really overwhelming. I'm not sure if it's possible in the limited time I have.
Can you share the task with someone? Are there online forums where other group leaders share their plans and ideas?

Tags
philadelphia cream