The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #106
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Perfect for next summer. Might need a little hammock with a cooler beside it, too, for when he's done ...
Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #107
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Model Railroad Figures: The possibilities are endless.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #108
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Get your scalp painted to look like a brain.

ETA With a few computer chip implants.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #109
orthodoc

Endless possibilities ... NSFW, but endless.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #110
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
My line of work isn't oncology but it involves helping people through injuries and exposures of various types.
Oh really, then I could use your help.
I was exposing myself down at the playground the other day, and some old biddy whacked me with her umbrella.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #111
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
injuries AND exposures, not injuries FROM exposures.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #112
glatt

hey orthodoc, how are you doing?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #113
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

you all are hilarious. I never thought of doing a diorama thing.

I saw one woman who painted her head with really cool, psychedelic shapes and colors-that was neat. and wear really killer earrings with your scarves. Makes you look ethnic and scary at the same time.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #114
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

did I ever tell you what Cherry told me to do after I lost all my hair? she said to go down to the drugstore where the sell shampoo, whip off my scarf/wig with shampoo bottle in hand and announce loudly, "LOOK WHAT THIS PRODUCT DID TO MY HAIR!"

I thought that would be pretty funny.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #115
orthodoc

It's been pretty much a Dorothy Parker week (what fresh hell is this?). Every day something new and amusing.

But - last weekend was the 7th hell or lower. This weekend I've clambered up to the 3rd or so, I think. Making progress. Given the past week, losing my hair in the next few days won't even show up on the radar. 'Bald this morning? Does it hurt? Does it make me throw up? No? Easiest part of my day.'

One day at a time, hour by hour, I am moving forward through this. When you're going through hell, keep going, and all that.

And - the diorama idea is toast as far as work is concerned. The hospital just put new policies on dress and behavior in place that will keep any creative self-expression well hidden. But that's what the wig was always for, anyway. I can always have fun on weekends.

Last edited by orthodoc; 10-27-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: TMI
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #116
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You should let your patients sign your head, under the wig where administrators can't see.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #117
orthodoc

If I didn't think someone'd rat me out, I'd do it.
Now, if I saw kids in my practice ... I could totally have fun with it. Might even get it past the administration. A Robin Williams sort of thing.

One thing I might do, if I feel up to it ... I have a friend in PA who's been growing his hair for a year and a half in order to go down to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and let the kids on the oncology inpatient unit shave his head - he's going to donate the hair to Locks of Love. Very cool project. Maybe I should go along, be the 'Vanna White' girl who calls the kids up and gives them a turn shaving ... and at the end, whip off MY wig and let them sign my scalp in nontoxic marker. Could be fun.

One thing about the Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. They just built a new one, a beautiful building, but the architects made an extreme planning goof. They put beautiful big windows in the oncology ward, and the windows overlook ... a huge cemetery.

So they've replaced the clear glass with colored glass murals to block out the cemetery view. Nice.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #118
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Have you thought about a tinfoil hat?? Besides covering your head, it helps block the alien transmissions. I sleep in mine everyday
Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #119
orthodoc

Tinfoil ... let's see, I could work up an outfit to complement that
But I think it'd be crinkly to sleep on ... besides, the alien transmissions come in better at night.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #120
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Jim's got some blond braids that might be available in a few days.
Oh and when you get to hell level 2, don't forget to check out the sale on ladies unmentionables and sundries.

Tags
philadelphia cream