The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 05-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

T-dubs, have you been eating something you shouldn't?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:16 PM   #17
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
His question was answered accurately using the attitude it was asked. He got the only answer that applies to emotional (irrelevant) questions: "read the first post".

His vague question needs only one answer. Discount gas ends up costing something less than 25 cents more than what is posted on the pump. Why is addition so hard?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #18
glatt

Oh! I understand now. What I hear you saying is that discount gas ends up costing something less than 25 cents more than what is posted on the pump. Of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #19
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I believe that all the gas today comes from the same refineries and usually on the same trucks. So the differences must be in the additives.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #20
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I believe that all the gas today comes from the same refineries and usually on the same trucks. So the differences must be in the additives.
Bingo.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #21
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
What I hear you saying is that discount gas ends up costing something less than 25 cents more than what is posted on the pump.
Your reading what your emotions want you to see. Obviously not what was written. To spend the greatest money on gasoline, foolishly visit discount gas stations. The actual cost for gas at discount stations is so much higher that informed adults would call it a scam.

Only naive and emotional onsumers ignore numbers.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post

Hey Charlie, Bob over at Chevron, how's the boy doing in Little League?

Good good, what can I do for you Bob.

We have a fuckup down the line, I'm good on premium but need 200,000 gallons of regular on thursday.

No problem buddy, terminal C, stations 15 through 30, Thursday morning at 04:00. Give my best to the little woman.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Only naive and emotional onsumers ignore numbers.
Only morons and idiots ignore painfully obvious questions.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Discount gas ends up costing something less than 25 cents more than what is posted on the pump.
Hmm...

What is posted on the pump is "something less than 25 cents more than what is posted on the pump".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #25
tw

Discount gas costs something less than 25 cents more than a price posted on the pump. Unfortunately this reality must be restated often before emotional Trump supporters finally realize reality. How many act like Trump supporters?

Most expensive gasoline is sold in discount gas stations.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #26
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Discount gas stations also sell discount cigarettes. Cigarette producers hired tw's father to advertise for them and tell Americans how just good they were. When one brand was promoted, all brands benefited. The tw family relished in the rewards their propaganda brought about and especially in the resulting demise of Americans they hate on.

The tw family attention to cigarettes has contributed to more than 480,000 deaths annually in the United States [CDC] and nearly 6 million deaths annually worldwide [CDC] due to cigarette smoking. Still, the developmentally impaired tw whines about others causing 60,000 total American military fatal casualties in Vietnam over 20 years, 5,000 total in the Gulf War to Mission Accomplished, and having to pay too much for gas at discount gas stations THAT SELL CIGARETTES.

The tw family tradition of propaganda would now have Americans believe that gas stations are only about selling gas. Tw wants to bamboozle Americans into forgeting about the cigarettes so more Americans will be harmed. Subversives are as subversives do and it gets passed down from one generation to the next, from a father who wanted harmful business to flourish in America to a son who wants American conveniences to wither. We're living in the tw family era of business propaganda directed against the hard working Americans they detest. When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]?

Unfortunately this reality must be restated often until developmentally impaired tw finally realizes the reality that he's been brainwashed to hate on Americans.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I did a rigorous 10 minute google survey. It turns out there is an industry standard kind of group "Top Tier" in which about a third of national brands are deemed to be at this "better" level:

http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

AAA decided they actually were better, in independent testing, and -- in some otherworldly coincidence -- their story announcingn this testing was the source of the numbers in xoB's original post:

http://newsroom.aaa.com/2016/07/aaa-...created-equal/
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #28
tw

Missing from that list are many discount brand gasolines including those that have the most and busiest pumps (ie Sheets, Wawa).

Those 'acceptable' gasolines have been known for decades. For example, in 1980, BMW only listed Chevron, Amoco. Exxon, Shell, and Texaco as acceptable. That was a national survey. Sunoco was a regional brand. It may have also belonged on that list over 35 years ago. But then I did not actually test Sunoco - so I cannot say with certainty.

In order to maximize their EPA mileage, GM required testing only with Chevron. Ever wonder why so many GM owners had trouble duplicating those EPA numbers? Discount gas.

What happens when using just one tank of a discount brand? My Accords would drop from 32 MPG to about 24 or 25 MPG. In some cases, it took up to four tanks of the good stuff to undo that damage.

At current prices, add maybe 24 cents per gallon to their posted price. That is the real price of discount gasoline.

Last edited by tw; 05-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You think those small brands can own their own refinery? They rely on independent refineries which are increasing as the major brands are getting out of the refining end of the business. Some of the larger independent brand stations may be able to contract their own blends of additive, but Joe's Gasateria takes what is available, which is the same gas the major brand station's get. Joe can sell cheaper because he's not paying rent to the majors for his location. And as I mentioned before, he has no legal obligation to post a sign who made it.
I've used one tank of WAWA regular in my pickup that ran like shit. I've also use Sheets premium in my ElCamino with no problem. I was forced to use WAWA premium in the SSR with no problem. The thing is you don't know where it came from but that doesn't mean it's bad.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 AM   #30
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Red dye?