The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 04-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #2746
glatt

I want to post another link I just came across, but before I do, I have to explain the previous one. It was supposed to be a prank. See, when you click on that FB link, it takes you to your own Facebook page. I thought it might generate a few lols when several different people were all talking about how the link was about them. But it looks like it doesn't work with phones, and lots of dwellars visit through tapatalk. Plus, many don't do Facebook. So it kind of fell flat. But maybe you can imagine how it might have been funny. Heh, heh. Right? Guys?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #2747
glatt

I just came across this blog. My Husband's Stupid Record Collection.

After moving 5 times in 9 years and packing up and unpacking her husband's collection of 1500 vinyl records, a woman decides she's going to listen to each one and write her impressions. A to Z.

It's neat to hear her impressions, and also to see what this guy has in his collection. And what he doesn't have. She is kind of young, and doesn't know a lot of the stuff. Or doesn't know she knows until she hears the one song on an album that she does recognize. I'm going to book mark this one and revisit it as she continues her project.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #2748
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I want to post another link I just came across, but before I do, I have to explain the previous one. It was supposed to be a prank. See, when you click on that FB link, it takes you to your own Facebook page. I thought it might generate a few lols when several different people were all talking about how the link was about them. But it looks like it doesn't work with phones, and lots of dwellars visit through tapatalk. Plus, many don't do Facebook. So it kind of fell flat. But maybe you can imagine how it might have been funny. Heh, heh. Right? Guys?
You got me with it.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #2749
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

dag nabbit... why I oughta...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #2750
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Took me to a log in screen.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #2751
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Excerpts form an interview with director Ron Howard.

Item #7 is pretty cool.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #2752
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I like big airplanes, cuz they can hold a lot of shit.

What can we fit inside a C-5 Galaxy?

Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #2753
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I like big airplanes, cuz they can hold a lot of shit.

What can we fit inside a C-5 Galaxy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah
I've been inside one of those monsters!
's true! It was at an airshow waaay back in the day in California. It's really staggering. I remember (not doing the research; sue me) they said it could hold four tennis courts or something like that. Truly cavernous.

Unlike the SR-71 which I also saw that day. Truly stunning in a completely different way. Well, not completely, the SR-71 is no C-5A, but is itself a biiiig airplane.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #2754
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
NASA has switched on the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment, an internet stream that shows the station's view of our planet in real time...
Read about it, and look at it here.

Or, just look at it.

Multiple cameras/views, and, (they say) astronaut chatter.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #2755
Griff
still says videotape

gray screen
Old 05-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #2756
glatt

When I checked in yesterday, it was on the dark side, so nothing to see. You can go to an iss tracking website to see where it is at the moment. Day or night. Wish the cameras were sensitive enough for city lights
Old 05-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #2757
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, I read that the connection would frequently be off for various reasons, like being on the dark side. It does work, I swear.

The ISS orbits like once every 90 minutes or so (I think), so I guess 45 of those would be on the dark side?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #2758
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

25 websites where you can find out. Find out what? Most anything.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6WnQyR
Old 05-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #2759
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bach

At this website, "every week, you will find a new recording here of one Johann Sebastian Bach’s 1080 works, performed by The Netherlands Bach Society and many guest musicians."
Old 05-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #2760
glatt

Cool. Music is universal, but you would think a society lauding a composer would be located in the composer's own country.