The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #31
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
So what are matches made of over there?
Cardboard. But they're only for use when you've lost all three of your disposable lighters.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #32
jonesieQ
Paramour of Paradigm

Before tattoos were cool - back in my 20's - I wanted one at the lower edge of my butt cheek, right in the crease where the cheek meets the thigh -it was going to be an eye, with eyelashes, so when I walked away it would wink at whoever was watching.

Then I grew up.
jonesieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #33
jonesieQ
Paramour of Paradigm

Sort of. I still think it's a neat idea.
jonesieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #34
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

i wanted a tattoo on my arse that said "Closed for Renovation"
Old 06-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesieQ
Sort of. I still think it's a neat idea.
So do I.

Of course as you get older it would look like you're getting sleepy.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #36
primal muse
ive been mad for fucking years

ive had plenty of bad drunken ideas that became realized. i think the best was when i was in highschool and my friends and i decided to light off fire crackers in the highway. if only drunkeness was a good enough excuse to pull things off like that these days.

Blasphemy Forums
primal muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #37
Pi
desperate finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I wanted to either paint or slipcover one of the buildings on my college campus pink. This was really weird in 1982.

Now that Christo has done it to the Reichstag, it's kind of ho-hum.

[smartass]well it was rather whitish but what they did with some islands in Florida was really pink :

[/smartass]
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #38
rkzenrage

I'm patenting it now... when I get the pre-patent I'll post it. The pre-patent search is happening now.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #39
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry in advance if this doesn't translate well - it's a UK restaurant

I like the idea of a Family Wedding theme restaurant. There's an all you can eat buffet including such typical treats as cheese & pineapple on sticks, chipolatas on sticks, creamed chicken vol-au-vents, half bridge rolls with tinned salmon on them, scotch eggs, pork pies, dishes of Branston pickle etc

There is a disco playing on the huuuuge dancefloor, although it is only lit with flashing light's at the DJ's end - leaving the rest in semi darkness. The DJ talks over the beginning and end of songs - none of which are less than 3 years old - and joins in with the songs randomly.

At the end of the evening everyone goes home with a little gift bag and a piece of wedding cake wrapped in a burgundy napkin.

Staff are employed to maintain the family wedding atmosphere including:
- Little boys to run around the dancefloor pretending to be aeroplanes (only available until 19.00)
- Fat bridesmaids weaving dangerously, spilling their rum and coke and eyeing up anyone in trousers (20.00-22.00) then snogging the spotty usher in the corner (22.15-22.30)
- Drunken Uncles from different sides of the family sizing eachother up before a brief but harmless scuffle over a rash comment made about Frank Lampard's sexuality (after Last Orders are called)

Well I'd go anyway!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #40
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

That sounds potentially interesting. Where do the hung-over groomsmen fit in? Is there any potential for interaction between the uncles and the bridesmaids? And don't we need two female guests to get catty when they discover they're both wearing the same dress?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #41
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

What about an iPod dock that you can use in the bathroom?! It could mount right on the wall and hold the toilet paper at the same time. You could fill your soul while you empty your colon. You could pinch a loaf to Meatloaf. You could rock on and crap out. Flush to Phish. Don't even get me started about The Electric Toilet. (yes, I have it and no, on vinyl)

Wait. Shit. Too late.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #42
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I want to open a restaurant chain called "Boners." Men in G-strings will be the only waitpeople. Only fair, right? The specialty will be foot-long hot dogs, but when they serve them the customer will find out they are actually only 5 inches.

I told this to a coworker and he said he had basically the same idea except the restaurant will be called Peckers and the specialty is doughnuts.

I guess I should add, since I'm not sure if other countries have them, that I am spoofing the Hooters chain.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 06-16-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #43
Pi
desperate finder

I thought about a distance mesure instrument for runners. GPS doesn't always works in all terrain (forest or high building cities).
So it's like measuring a magnetic field between the 2 shoes that differs because the shoes aren't always at the same distance from one other, because your pace isn't the same all the time, for example when you're running up a hill. Actually that's the most important problem with the Heart Rate Monitor offered by POLAR.
In my way of thinking you could measure the length of every step by the difference of the interference of the magnetic field a bit the same as with a bicycle computer, but you would need a steady magnetic field, So you could calculate by the increasing or decreasing of inference of the magnetic field the length of every pace...
Old 06-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #44
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

the magnetic field wouldnt be constant enough to measure such a small difference