The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 PM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
You'd feel less safe too if you knew that when the going got tough, large segments of your population were going to bail out on you.
That's only urban myths. No large ex-flux from France exists.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #47
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Irrelevant, they believe it will happen and are acting accordingly, a blind man could see that.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And fo another point of view at The Intercept.

Quote:
Some of the cartoons published by Charlie Hebdo were not just offensive but bigoted, such as the one mocking the African sex slaves of Boko Haram as welfare queens (left). Others went far beyond maligning violence by extremists acting in the name of Islam, or even merely depicting Mohammed with degrading imagery, and instead contained a stream of mockery toward Muslims generally, who in France are not remotely powerful but are largely a marginalized and targeted immigrant population.

But no matter. Their cartoons were noble and should be celebrated – not just on free speech grounds but for their content. In a column entitled “The Blasphemy We Need,” The New York Times‘ Ross Douthat argued that “the right to blaspheme (and otherwise give offense) is essential to the liberal order” and “that kind of blasphemy [that provokes violence] is precisely the kind that needs to be defended, because it’s the kind that clearly serves a free society’s greater good.”

When we originally discussed publishing this article to make these points, our intention was to commission two or three cartoonists to create cartoons that mock Judaism and malign sacred figures to Jews the way Charlie Hebdo did to Muslims. But that idea was thwarted by the fact that no mainstream western cartoonist would dare put their name on an anti-Jewish cartoon, even if done for satire purposes, because doing so would instantly and permanently destroy their career, at least. Anti-Islam and anti-Muslim commentary (and cartoons) are a dime a dozen in western media outlets; the taboo that is at least as strong, if not more so, are anti-Jewish images and words. Why aren’t Douthat, Chait, Yglesias and their like-minded free speech crusaders calling for publication of anti-Semitic material in solidarity, or as a means of standing up to this repression? Yes, it’s true that outlets like The New York Times will in rare instances publish such depictions, but only to document hateful bigotry and condemn it – not to publish it in “solidarity” or because it deserves a serious and respectful airing.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #49
tw

Quote:
Irrelevant, they believe it will happen and are acting accordingly, a blind man could see that.
Thats what the wackos were told to say. A moderate would have posted numbers to support that suspicion. No numbers posted because that mass immigration from France to Isreal is only a feeling inspired by recent fears; not supported by actions.

If anyone should be in mass exodous due to hate, it should be Muslims. Fortunately extremists (those who promote hate) remain in a minority.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #50
sexobon

One doesn't post numbers for developmentally impaired whacko moderates who are incapable of recognizing the self evident and are too lazy to do the research themselves.

Past human behavior is not necessarily a reliable indicator of future human behavior. Any psychologist can tell you that, the French know it; but, you don't. That's because your developmental disability left you emotionally handicapped.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:56 PM   #51
regular.joe
Старый сержант

The fact is that there is enough of an extreme Muslim population in the world who are willing and able to commit huge acts of violence against unarmed and innocent people. It's enough to take some action. Having worked and befriended many Muslims who are not in this group I know that we cannot just lump all Muslims together. Yet, something must be done about the violent extreme groups.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #52
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Je suis Charlie, mais je ne suis pas Pam Geller.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #53
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Je suis Pam Geller when Pam Geller is the one getting shot at, until then she is having others do her heavy lifting and that's not fair.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #54
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular.joe View Post
Yet, something must be done about the violent extreme groups.
That should include violent extremists such as Cheney and Bremer who pushed most all moderate Iraqis into extremism with Provisional Authority Orders 1 and 2. That literally forced all educated Iraqis into unemployment and disbanded the army and police. The resulting insurgency and death of most American soldiers in Iraq are directly traceable to those violent extremists.

BTW, Sexobon make frames himself as just as dumb by his incessent personal attacks. Tirades continue from that child.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:26 PM   #55
sexobon

But then I have both the medical and intelligence operative training to accurately characterize someone like you who routinely sees other adults as children because you're an impaired adult yourself. That goes directly to your credibility; or, lack thereof as a source of information.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #56
tw

Quote:
But then I have both the medical and intelligence operative training to accurately characterize someone like you .
So you are also a liar. Intelligent adults have not routinely posted so many cheapshots at many cellar dwellers. An adult who is still a child (and a wacko extremist) does post cheapshots. It somehow enthralls his ego.

Of course, ego also means he must reply with most insults. An adult who is still a child has nothing factual or adult to contribute.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #57
sexobon

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FACTS!

That's why you'll never hold more than amateur propagandist standing. You'll never live up to your father's professional status. You're just too impulsive, too reactionary, too easily hampered by your impaired perceptions of the world to realize that every time you try to impose your conclusions on others that your capabilities and motives will be scrutinized. If you don't want to be scrutinized, if you don't want others to impose their assessments of you on you, don't impose on others. Present information and let others draw their own conclusions. That's how normal adults relate to each other. Your communication skills are on par with that of an impaired adult. That's why you can't adapt even though it means diminished credibility.

OTOH, I enjoy your responses to my posts. They're highly entertaining, almost as comical as many of your conclusions. Please continue. You know you crave my replies and can't stop yourself. Resistance is futile.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #58
tw

Are children permitted on the Cellar?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #59
sexobon

No, you don't require a permit to be here. [zing!]

Monsieur tw, peut-ętre vous ętes Charlie!