Here's a good one...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Word.

By some guy:

Quote:
Ain't nobody ever smoked a bunch o' weed and went out and robbed a bank. Oh, they'll plan the shit outta bank robbery, but, they ain't gonna do shit!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
My buddy's dad was a state trooper and he told his kids he'd rather they smoked weed than drank. My buddy was surprised that his dad was a cop and condoning breaking the law. When he pressed his dad for an explanation his dad said, "I've never been on a domestic violence call where the people were just smoking weed."

RIP his dad, fuck cancer.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

HOUSTON - Newly elected District Attorney Kim Ogg unveiled her new Misdemeanor Marijuana Diversion program on Thursday.

Quote:
"Although the use of marijuana is illegal in the state of Texas, this is not a crime that is a major threat to public safety, and the district attorney has come up with a solution to spend taxpayers' money responsibly," Boykins' said. "The goal of this program is to ensure that the resources needed for court and jail are being used to effectively increase public safety and acknowledge that those in possession of misdemeanor amounts of marijuana are not stigmatized by criminal records that limit their employment, education and housing opportunities."

Officials said those who are caught with a misdemeanor amount of marijuana and qualify for the program will be offered an opportunity to take a cognitive thinking course, which will cost $150 within a 90-day time frame. It will also offer no jail time and no criminal record of the event.
She's talking about 4 ounces. 4 Fuckin' Ounces! Bless you Ms Ogg.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #5
glatt

Kathy Lanier was an outstanding police chief.

Unfortunately for DC, she retired from the force and moved over to head of security at the NFL.

The mass arrests on Inauguration day, sweeping up innocent people who happened to be near the protests and reporters covering the protests has me a little concerned that they may be forgetting everything that she taught them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

the tidal wave of forgetting the progress many have made has not broken or even crested. it's still rising.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I saw a thing yesterday where a 100 year old woman in a wheelchair requested to spend some time in a jail cell, because it was the last thing on her bucket list. Two cops helped her from her chair to the cell bench, handcuffed her, and let her stay as long as she wanted. I've never seen a bigger smile.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The cops in Miami-Dade County park badly.

Quote:
For the past six months, Glen Carr has been waging a one-man war on cops who flout parking laws. He hasn't struggled to find scofflaws. Every morning, he walks from his downtown apartment to the Metromover stop outside the courthouse. And nearly every day, he documents a half-dozen police cars hanging out in illegal spots. Since August, Carr has sent at least 125 complaints, with photographs and details of where and when he found the illegally parked vehicles, to departments around Miami-Dade County. He's been berated by some officers, ignored by internal affairs investigators, and, more recently, validated by the independent Civilian Investigative Panel (CIP), which ruled that 15 Miami Police Department cops had broken regulations.
He says he's trying to help them become better police officers and stop letting each slide.

Quote:
But Carr is far from a bomb-throwing, anti-cop anarchist. He's an active-duty Army major working toward an MBA at the University of Miami who says he just wants police to follow the rules like everyone else.
"It's not like I'm against them. I just want them to be better at what they do," Carr says. "I feel they don't hold each other accountable."
Carr grew up in Montana and attended Montana State University for two years before he dropped out to join the Army. "I decided to join the military to finish my degree in there," he says.
He specialized in logistics, serving in Colorado, Georgia, and Alaska before being deployed to Afghanistan in 2002. He served nine months at Forward Operating Base Salerno, a remote, battle-scarred base near the Pakistan border that later gained fame when former NFL star Pat Tillman was killed there by friendly fire in 2004. "It was a rough assignment just a few months after 9/11," Carr says.
But he loved his work in the Army. He returned to the United States to train as an officer at Fort Bragg, where he joined the 82nd Airborne Division and spent seven years "jumping out of planes," he says. He later served two stints in Iraq and an assignment at the Pentagon.
link
Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #9
glatt

In the course of doing their jobs, cops are required to appear at the courthouse. There is obviously not enough parking available at the courthouse. Have you ever been to a courthouse? There is NEVER enough parking.

So the solution to really address the issue is to reserve a bunch of spots for cops. And if you really want to make sure it never happens again, there have to be a lot of those spots. Those "cops only" spots will be taken from the general public. I would be much more upset if I had business at the courthouse but was unable to get there because there is no available parking than I would be if I was able to find a spot, but walked past a bunch of scofflaw cops as I entered the building.

Maybe they should build a $50 Million parking garage and give the cops and other city administrators the first floor.

Now, I am not familiar with downtown Miami. Maybe there is already a parking garage and there are plenty of reserved spots for cops, and they park illegally anyway. If that's the case, fire them.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Here they have reserved spots for the Sheriff's office which is right inside of the front door of the courthouse, and two parking garages, much of which is reserved for employees and cops. The guy in Miami took the reporter to the courthouse because finding them there was a sure thing every day. He also mentioned coffee and donut shops.
Quote:
I would be much more upset if I had business at the courthouse but was unable to get there because there is no available parking than I would be if I was able to find a spot, but walked past a bunch of scofflaw cops as I entered the building.
But it's OK if you can't find a legal spot and they park where you can't? What's the difference, it's the same as reserved spots?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
glatt

The difference is a reserved spot is a spot that was taken away from the public. But a legitimately illegal spot, (like in an intersection, in front of a hydrant, or in a crosswalk) was never a public spot in the first place.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:18 AM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But of illegal spots some are arbitrary, like 15 ft from a corner, bus stop, loading zone. Oh and handicapped spots I see them use a lot.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #13
glatt

Absolutely. Those arbitrary ones are on sort of a sliding scale of seriousness in my mind. A bus stop that is blocked by an illegally parked cop car results in a bus stopping in the traffic lane to discharge passengers and it holds up traffic for 30 seconds or so. A nuisance, but not a danger.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And whoops cop...
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Damn.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote