The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Strange. In the scenario I was given, they just took the pizza and not the money. I really don't like customer transactions where customers are regarded with suspicion. Like the 5 dollar fraud protection I have to pay to the bank for cashing a check at their location. I have to pay them money, in case I am a rip-off artist. Bullshit! If you haven't guessed already, I don't use their services anymore either.
What they do here is, call an order to be delivered to a stranger's house, sometimes a vacant house, and jump the driver when he shows up. Take the pizza, money, his wallet and sometimes his car.

Quote:
Bruce give me 5 dollars just in case you suck more than I think you do. And don't even think of asking for change, thereby breaking my change policy.
Sure, give me your address and I'll drop it off on my way to my Arizona economy boosting vacation.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #47
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Domino's Pizza is not bad since the reformulation, way better than before certainly, but still not as good as the local pizzaria that is so good they don't have to deliver. We get Domino's sometimes at the nuthouse because 1. Their drivers can find our building and three one-topping medium pizzas for $15 is not something to turn your nose up at. One night the doctor wanted pizza, bought for all of us, and I think we had like 6 pies and it was $38 (we did a couple with more than one topping.) Oh, and the Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes are way tasty. Not as good as the Brownie Bites they've discontinued, but darn fine little chocolate cakes.

Besides, Papa John's screwed up their Cinnaspin when they turned it into Cinnapie.

Has anyone tried the Domino's Pasta Bread Bowl thingies?

Pizza Hut puts way to much grease into their crust. And their pasta dinners are too mushy. Hit the Hut last night for National Hospital Week. Ate it because it was free.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #48
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Ali, that's insane. I would make my own pizza before paying that much.

Our Dominos is pretty good. I got the lava cake, but was a little disappointed. Didn't taste as good as it sounded. the pizza is vastly improved, though.

When I was a waitress, I made 2.13 an hour plus tips. That was back when minimum wage was like 5.50 an hour. Now, it's 7 something an hour and I think waiters get less than 3 still. I think delivery drivers make something around 5 plus tips.

Sometimes I make minimum wage and sometimes I make more per hour than I did as a systems analyst. Working for myself is probably the most rewarding work I have ever done.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #49
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Truckers are also exempt from minimum wage laws. And overtime pay laws too.

Some states allow any worker who gets a lot of tips to be exempted from those laws, like taxi drivers, hairdressers etc.