Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #4216
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Humans walked in space yesterday.

Nobody noticed.
And China has their own space station. I must have known about that and forgot.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #4217
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe they're using North Korea's.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #4218
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hi everybody!

Can't keep up with Cellar right now, so thought I'd check in. Detroit is good...working hard, meeting lots of cool people. Taking some down time this weekend to see the Royals play the Tigers at Comerica Park tomorrow and Sunday.

elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #4219
elSicomoro

Got to see Dick Gregory...last weekend? 2 weekends ago? Still full of fire...one of the greats, and a native St Louisan, like yours truly.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:04 AM   #4220
glatt

Sounds good, Sicomoro. Glad Detroit is treating you well.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM   #4221
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Damn. I thought Mr. Gregory had to be dead.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:48 AM   #4222
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Re my previous post about my burn:
The adhesive plaster on my dressing was coming detached. And I know that wet healing depends on a sterile wound. So I thought I'd best go back today rather than tomorrow.

The first Nurse I saw filled me with confidence. Not.
"Eurgh, why is it green?!"

Well I actually knew the answer, because when the green spotting started to come through from the inside, I looked it up online. It's to do with the silver in the dressing, and although it doesn't happen in every case, it's not a cause for concern. But I'm not telling her.

I then had to go through the whole rigmarole again. When, where, what meds am I on, who dressed it etc etc. Medical records? C'mon people.

Anyway, I explained to the Nurse and then the Sister that I'd only come in as the dressing was coming loose, and I'd been advised to come in tomorrow. They still behaved as if it was a major A&E injury (it's not) before poking it again with gloved fingers and deciding it was healing more or less as expected. "I'm surprised it's still bleeding though", said Sister. Well, I'm not going down that route again! Just kept my mouth shut. This is the place I went to for a routine blood test and started dripping blood on the floor before I'd even left the building then was told off for not telling them I have a blot-clotting disorder (I don't - I'm just a bleeder). I wasn't bleeding for fun - not my fault it wasn't dressed properly.

Anyway, the Nurse put some more gel on, and a pad, and another big plaster and then a BANDAGE and then dressed it in a tubi-grip thing to keep the bandage on until I get to see the Nurse on Wednesday. Wednesday!!! Have to keep it dry til then. Been getting by with dry shampoo and baby-wipes (so a bit like my trip to real hospital) but I had hoped the new dressing would be waterproof. Ah well.

Slow morning at the Wharfedale I'm guessing. Or maybe they'd all got together last night and watched a box set of Holby City DVDs.

So here I am, looking like I've been in a knife fight for a tiny burn.
Better than leaving it uncovered and seeping all over my duvet I suppose. And I can't moan about not having something dressed properly and then moan that they've bandaged me too much

I moan here so I don't moan to the medical staff. You don't upset people with needles in their hands, or those dealing with missing pieces of skin.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #4223
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

^ The future of American medical care ....
Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #4224
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Where to put this? I don't know! So here it goes....

I finally got a job. YAY!! But I'm just a casual part-timer...BOO! Anyways, I've been picky because I wanted a full-time with benefits. Gosh, that was very difficult get. So, I finally got desperate and applied for Lenscrafters and got the job. But sadly, it was only for a casual part-time position, so I am also doing substitute teaching on days I don't play with people's eyes. The first day there, my co-workers had to ask my name twice because Asian names were something they don't hear often I guess. So, I said, "you know what? I have a nickname. It's Lola." Boom!...They loved the name. So, Lola I am. Even though I am not too happy with such little hours, I feel very fortunate that all the staff are super nice, friendly, and helpful. Apparently, they get new people all the time, so they are really patient with clueless employees. (I can't really blame people for quitting because the company doesn't give enough hours for you to live.) I only did substitute teaching one day, so I don't have much to say about that yet. I'm hoping within a month or two, I would make enough money to get internet at home. I'll be on more often then.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #4225
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Congratulations!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #4226
glatt

That's great, Lola! I hope that as you prove yourself and become more indispensable, they depend on you more and up your hours.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #4227
fargon

Yay Lola Bunny!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #4228
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

New job!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #4229
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Congrats!!! Thats frikkin fantastic
Old 10-15-2016, 08:18 AM   #4230
Griff
still says videotape

Hooray!

Tags
dum, oh the whorror