The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #316
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

i peered out of my cubbyhole this morning and the dialogue looks like this:

US Public: I'm actually pretty fuckin' angry about this Putin thing...

Trump: (Tweets) NFL KNEEL DOWN OPINION OUT OF NOWHERE

US Public: OMG!! Look!! A squirrel!!

so easily trolled
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #317
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

There's not much to be said about the current situation since it's so obvious: Trump is gay for Putin and those complaining are a bunch of homophobes.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #318
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well - it's all very surreal to watch.

The NATO thing and his visit to Britain were amazing. It's like he had a bucket list of people to insult. To go from that to fawning over Putin like a schoolboy with a crush was disturbing.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #319
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

From the NYTimes

Quote:
Liberal Blind Spots Are Hiding the Truth About ‘Trump Country’.
For one thing, it’s not Trump country. Most struggling whites I know here live a life of quiet desperation, mad at their white bosses, not resentful toward their co-workers or neighbors of color.
An opinion from Kansas.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #320
Griff
still says videotape

https://www.psypost.org/2018/07/auth...-in-2016-51821
Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #321
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
The NATO thing and his visit to Britain were amazing. It's like he had a bucket list of people to insult.
Never forget what his 'strategic objective' is. There was no personal gain from being nice or intellectual with European. Better is to blame them. Since that gets his supporters to believe him - to entrench their fanatical support for The Don.

What he did in Europe and what he did with Putin was a disaster - to those who make conclusions from facts. But those are not his supporters. The Don gets his ego boost by being supportive and friendly with Putin.

Also remember, he was not watching Fox and Friends to temper or plan his actions. So he was on his own - guessing what would promote him. He is not very good without that feedback. So he made some mistakes causing so many of his supporters (including Fox News correspondents) to be so critical.

What is a President to do? Threaten war with Iran. The resulting emotions get his supporters to forget what happened last week.

It is always about promoting the Don - not about America or any American allies. He is now using a "Wag the Dog" strategy.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #322
tw

Today, kids taken from refugees (most seeking political asylum) are suppose to be reunited with their parents. Problem. Parents for some 450 kids are no longer in the US - many having been deported without their children.

This, in part, because extremists wanted to execute a program justified by their political biases; without any thought to intelligence or decency. These same types also loved Guantanamo and openly said Gestapo style torture is good.

They do not know where parent for most of the 450 kids are located. Being wacko extremists, they could not bother to keep track of what kids belong to what parents. And where those parents were located. They were interested in what the penis of The Don told them to do. Screw others.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #323
tw

Not a single comment about The Don openly authorizing a payoff to another conquest so that truth is not public. This time "someone" bought out a Playboy article that showed how immoral The Don really is.

Did he do it to protect Melanie? Nobody would even suggest that. He will probably trade her in for a newer model. He did it only to promote The Donald. Since even America is only secondary to that objective.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:30 PM   #324
sexobon

Three posts in a row by tw, Gravdigr's got some competition.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #325
tw

Every day The Don contributes to absurdity. So routinely that is it no longer news?

Even attacking long time, highly regarded intelligence officers because his collusion with Russians reeks of treason. When is that no longer absurd?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #326
sexobon

When non-elected officials (or former officials) get too big for their britches by publicly attacking a sitting elected official. One can't publicly attack the person without diminishing the power of office that they hold. That's why some elected officials get to have political tools like the granting of security clearances. It helps to keep those who weren't elected from effecting a popular coup by taking away their access to government resources.

They have a right to free speech; but, they don't have a right to a security clearance which is a prerequisite for holding many jobs in government and as a government contractor. The emotionally stable ones will take their grievances through back channels to other elected officials and not air their dirty laundry in public for worldwide scrutiny. The emotionally erratic ones who court public opinion for their self aggrandizement are a bad risk for holding an active security clearance.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:38 AM   #327
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Are you talking about Trump there? I don't think there's a way to remove his clearance.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #328
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The emotionally erratic ones who court public opinion for their self aggrandizement are a bad risk for holding an active security clearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Are you talking about Trump there? I don't think there's a way to remove his clearance.
Attached Images

expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #329
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Obviously I could NOT be talking about Trump. US Presidents don't have a security clearance. Presidents are elected to have unlimited access: they don't need no stinkin' security clearance. Presidential designees grant clearances on behalf of the President, not to the President who is only vetted while a Presidential candidate. The only practical way to remove a President's access is to remove that person from office.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:12 PM   #330
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I sent this to a woman who responded, "Is that who's running for President in 2020?"
And she votes.
Attached Images

Tags
cheesecake