The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 12-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #3481
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Want to make music but can't afford an instrument?
Is that your problem Bunkie?
Well perk up because here's the solution.
Free plans to build your own Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Violin, Fiddle, or Amp.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #3482
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
My all time favorite (as far as I can remember - which isn't saying much) Onion post.

http://www.theonion.com/article/all-...yo-selves-4972

All Y'All Urged To Go Fuck Yo' Selves

NEWS IN BRIEF
July 6, 2005
VOL 41 ISSUE 27
Human Interest

DETROIT—In a strongly worded pronouncement to all y'all motherfuckers, Detroit resident Dwayne Combs urged all y'all to go fuck yo' selves Monday. "Y'all be bullshit," said Combs in a 3:17 a.m. address from the corner of Woodward Avenue and Grand Boulevard. "And yo' mama, too." Monday's statement marked the normally reclusive Combs' first since an October 1998 appeal to Detroit's city council to kiss his big, black ass. Representatives for all y'all have not yet responded to Combs' themselves-fucking offer.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #3483
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

...funny...

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-...tical-thinker/

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #3484
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

fyi, somehow I have...idk...some kind of editing tool...on half my screen, with the reply to thread page on the other half.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Old 01-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #3485
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

....OK....forget it

Old 01-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #3486
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

...another one

Old 01-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #3487
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

An interesting view of Putin’s Real Long Game.

Quote:
In between were a hundred other exchanges — with Balts and Ukrainians, Georgians and Moldovans — that answered my question and exposed the new reality on the Russian frontier: the belief that, ultimately, everyone would be left to fend for themselves. Increasingly, people in Russia’s sphere of influence were deciding that the values that were supposed to bind the West together could no longer hold. That the world order Americans depend on had already come apart.

From Moscow, Vladimir Putin has seized the momentum of this unraveling, exacting critical damage to the underpinnings of the liberal world order in a shockingly short time. As he builds a new system to replace the one we know, attempts by America and its allies to repair the damage have been limited and slow. Even this week, as Barack Obama tries to confront Russia’s open and unprecedented interference in our political process, the outgoing White House is so far responding to 21st century hybrid information warfare with last century’s diplomatic toolkit: the expulsion of spies, targeted sanctions, potential asset seizure. The incoming administration, while promising a new approach, has betrayed a similar lack of vision. Their promised attempt at another “reset” with Russia is a rehash of a policy that has utterly failed the past two American administrations.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #3488
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A really, really good article on Jason Everman, formerly of Soundgarden, formerly formerly of Nirvana, U.S. Army Ranger, Special Forces operator...

The Rock ’n’ Roll Casualty Who Became a War Hero

A good read.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #3489
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

National Motor Boat Museum.
lots of cool stuff including this Indian outboard.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #3490
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"This is the hypocrisy America is talking about."

Apologies for the Bacefook linkage.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #3491
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

An infographic dealing w/the evolution of tech company logos

Old 01-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #3492
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ryan Reynolds’ Best Tweets

Old 01-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #3493
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What in THE fuck?!

I swear, you could NOT make this shit up.

The dog's name is 'Baby Girl' (I shit you not.). And she, according to police, is a "very aggressive" pit bull dog.

And Bradley Jean Hubbard is very fond of her.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #3494
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
For some 30 years, a collection of nearly 4,000 slides sat undiscovered in a university basement in Sheffield. The lost collection of photographs, found inside a forgotten pile of boxes, has since been digitized by students of the University of Sheffield.
Interesting look at England in the '60s.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #3495
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

GAH!!!

Giant spider on the building!

Giant spider on the building!!!!!

Name:  Gah.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  87.3 KB

from Bruce's link, above