The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-04-2003, 12:11 AM   #31
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Interesting perspective El Sapo...

Perhaps it's time for the GOP and conservatives to roll out the "Black Carpet", starring:

--Alan Keyes
--Lt. Gov. Michael Steele of Maryland
--Former Congressman JC Watts of Oklahoma
--Condi Rice
--Lt. Gov. Jennette Bradley of Ohio
--Ward Connolly

And this from his show today: "It's amazing to me that this is a controversy at all. Had what I said been said by anybody else ... it wouldn't have even gotten noticed," he said Friday.

Is that deafness affecting his brain now?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder what the reaction to the same statement from Howard Cosell would have been?
As much as I dislike Rush, I think people are pissed not at what he said but what he *might* have meant. Or why *they* think he said it.
Of course he made the Eagles look foolish for spending $112,000,000.... if he's right.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:13 AM   #33
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Just to put this in perspective a bit. I remember a black NBA athlete catching all kinds of flak because he said something to the effect of Larry Byrd would be just another player if he was black. Very similar comment.
      Just making the point that this door swings both ways, and if that's the case Rush deserved to be hit in the ass by it.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:07 PM   #34
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Rush was brought on by Disney b/c he pulls slang-type folks. No, not gun-toting hillbillies, but that all-important 25-to-54 male demographic. If we look at the ratings, who do you think are the majority of people that watch football? Who do you think are the majority of people that listen to Rush?
That's why I think this whole business is so amusing. The comment was about what I'd expect from Rush, and would maybe have not attracted that much attention if he'd said it on his radio show. I don't know what ESPN was thinking Rush would have to contribute to football commentary, but surely it was to be expected that he'd say something that would get people riled up--that's what he does for a living. So I suspect ESPN may be concerned not just about this statement, but about the fact that Rush is likely to spout off like this every single week. (Which, again, they should have known when they hired him.)
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:38 PM   #35
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
... but surely it was to be expected that he'd say something that would get people riled up--that's what he does for a living.
I have to admit, I was surprised at the original contract offer. At the same time, it was for.....did anyone mention.....285 million clams, too much for me to pass up.

Ol' Rushbo has been played. To think THE MAN would allow and even encourage me to expand my sphere of influence is quite a stretch.
Rush Limballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #36
Al Gore smoking
stupid is as stupid does

Hello Al,

As you may have noticed, there is a "campaign before the campaign" in process as we speak. We need to ensure the success of Hillary's presidential bid, whether it be '04 or '08. The plan to accomplish this is obviously making W look bad. If we eliminate Rush and Fox News, we can retain our rightful position in the Federal gov't through elections instead of a communist takeover that we reserve as our nukular option. The people are confused by these right wing crazies and it is our duty to remove their opinions from the general discussion and inject our truth.

This is where you come in. Take one for the team Al, and go on O'Reilly's show. It isnt important that you make any coherent points. We will suppliment the video signal with a newly developed subliminal manipulation program. It creates a favorable impression without a person's awareness or rationale as to why. Once you go on the show, we can test the program's effectiveness. If the numbers work in our favor after your appearance we'll schedule a spot for Her Highness. Once we have the Fox News viewership under our control (again) we can move forward as we did when you and Willy were in the White House.

We need your help and we'll get you a real job should we prevail from your direct assitance. It will likely be possible for me to arrange a "special meeting" with you and Rush. At that time you can bitch slap Rush for all the Shanklin paradies and such over the years. And dont worry, we'll have some thugs holding him down so you dont get your ass kicked.

After we get control back again, it is my personal goal to give cowboy hats the same social stigma as Hitler's mini-stache.

Thanks in advance for your compliance

kofi

Last edited by Al Gore smoking; 10-05-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Al Gore smoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #37
elSicomoro

Hey stupid, you used the wrong character.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #38
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I thought AGS was supposed to be so stupid that he would forward mail from Kofi to The Cellar.

(Okay, so it's a stretch, but you're free to use the excuse if you need it, hon)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #39
elSicomoro

If he's gonna go Sybil on us, he could at least get it right.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #40
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Hey stupid, you used the wrong character.

Relax, I'm trying to set this up as Al reading the letter.

(christ this is a rough crowd)

Last edited by slang; 10-05-2003 at 10:30 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:37 PM   #41
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally posted by slang

(christ this is a rough crowd)
Yeah, well, we're the angry web lemmings... we eat newbies for breakfast.. what did you expect????
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:50 PM   #42
ThreadHijackMan
Changing the flow

I found this pic and changed it. I am skilled.
Attached Images

ThreadHijackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:14 PM   #43
AngryWebLemming
NOT a hateful lemming

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
Yeah, well, we're the angry web lemmings... we eat newbies for breakfast.. what did you expect????
I am angry but not hateful.
Attached Images

AngryWebLemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:35 PM   #44
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

Ok, here is the cover.

Where are the police coming to arrest me? Why hasn't any other news source reported this as a done deal?

There was also a report from ESPN that supported me early last week that has mysteriously dissappeared

God damned you Kofi!

And another thing, I know you shopped this pic to make me look fat!
Attached Images

Rush Limballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #45
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Thumbs up

i don't think you look fat, rush.
Attached Images