The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Confession Box

I tried to search, but it doesn't work on mobile browser. I need to tell someone what happened last night, but I figured a confession thread for anyone would be a good idea.

If this already exists, feel free to merge and/or delete

So, I am staying in an unfamiliar place. I am relying on my phone to get me back to my room. I got drunk last night. My phone battery was dying, so I asked a bartender if he could charge it. He said yes and "plugged" it in. I got it back with 1% battery and no idea how to get back to my room. Someone drew me a map, but I still got lost.

Apparently, drunk me decided to go to a fire station and pass out. I wake up surrounded by people and I'm sobbing, cold, and wet (it was raining). I remember telling them that my phone died and the bartender didn't care. Please don't call my parents. Please don't arrest me. Am I in trouble.

I wasn't in trouble or being arrested. They charged my phone enough to find the address of the place I am staying. Drove me home. I woke up with a swollen and bruised elbow. More bruises are appearing. I am considering therapy in the new year. I know I am a binge drinker type alcoholic. This scared the crap outta me. I had to tell someone.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

https://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33221
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's bad bbro, you're really vulnerable to all kinds of at least trouble, and worse danger, in that condition. You have to work on the binge drinking, and take a wing person with you who you can trust to watch your back.

Also, keep your pants up, skirt down, and come home from school in a group.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #4
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's bad bbro, you're really vulnerable to all kinds of at least trouble, and worse danger, in that condition. You have to work on the binge drinking, and take a wing person with you who you can trust to watch your back.

Also, keep your pants up, skirt down, and come home from school in a group.
I know, I know. I just don't have a wing person. My reasoning is that I expected the bartender to be human. He was shitty. I need to be better. I need to find fun outside of the bar (working on it). I'm actually happy drunk me chose the fire station, though. Safest place to be.

Gonna send them a gift basket. Stip laughing. Yes. Seriously
Old 12-23-2017, 11:35 PM   #5
sexobon

Could it be that the bartender just decided you needed a wakeup call and declined to make things easier for you?

In any case, I carry a couple of fully charged spare batteries along with my phone even though I'm not someone a bartender would mess with.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:08 AM   #6
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Thirty five years ago I was a drunk, then a period of 11 years while working at Walmart. I haven't drank too much in the last 6 years.

I went to two rehabs and a part time one. I also liked coke. That didn't work. So I moved to SE NC to get away. This was in 89. Must be something to do for a living here. There wasn't.

I didn't do drugs anymore, because I didn't know anybody and they didn't know me. However this didn't stop me from drinking.

I would frequent different convenience stores for my 12 pack of Old Milwaukee. I didn't want to go to the same one everyday and they would think I was a drunk.

I would drink 8 cans and have 4 left. The third day I didn't have to stop.

I tried going to church. I caught a ride with the 2 preachers. They thought I was asleep in the back seat and were discussing how much tithes they could get out of me. The only thing I got out of that church was one of the preachers sister. She fucked my brains out.

I got married for 3 yrs that worked for a while.
My 2nd wife trained me like a monkey. A little at a time. Now I like next to never drink.

I am retired and my one vice is weed. She puts up with it cause I get mellow as a jello and she still has good pussy.

This is my confession. I am not proud of it I promise you not. Also I have never told anyone what I just told you guys.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #7
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Bbro, Bruce gives sound advice, but without a wingman you must at least ensure your phone is fully charged before you go out to get, er, fully charged ...
But, yeah, I started reading your story fearing where it would end up ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #8
bbro

@sexobon - if so, then he's an asshole.

@captainhook455 - thanks for sharing

@limey - I agree with Bruce, too. I am very VERY lucky it ended as well as it did. My phone was charged when I left initially. I am not sure why it died so quickly. Instead of waiting that long, I need to leave earlier.

I am definitely considering therapy. I don't see any reason for me to drink for the next few months, anyways, since I'll be training for something. Perfect reason to dry up for a bit.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #9
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Apparently, drunk me decided to go to a fire station and pass out.
Partying. You're doing it right.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It's looking more and more like it's gonna be a Sunny-D-and-vodka-type of Stressmas.

Merry Stressmas urrbody!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #11
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Partying. You're doing it right.
Not so much if you're doing it alone.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Nah. It just takes a little extra effort.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #13
sexobon

You can believe that if you want.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:52 AM   #14
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Why would what I believe, or why, or how I, or anyone else, chooses to party make a difference to you? Or to anyone else? What's wrong with partying alone?

Old 12-25-2017, 01:28 AM   #15
sexobon

In the safety of your own home it may not be a problem; but, the context of the OP was ETOH impairment in public places without someone to cover your six. It's unsafe and that's not doing it right. That's doing it stupid. That's why bbro got hurt. It may be worse next time. Past drunken behavior is not necessarily a reliable indicator of future drunken behavior. Luck can run out.