The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #10396
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, that sucks. Be thankful you understand where it's coming from, and not your fault. Be strong and soldier on.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #10397
it
Banned

On the personal aspect of "bullshit kills people":

In the mean time, back in the short term world, things are very tense around here lately, because a couple of the stabbing incidents were in the city I live in, and a lot of the pressure to provide additional security falls on city hall, where I work.

Everyone is up and armed about that the whole freaking week. Every night I get calls from concerned parents, some of them directly linked to the events and that's all I can say, some just terrified from the atmosphere and the media.
Every day since this wave started, every morning, everyone shouting at each other and fighting about what responsibility falls on who and screaming out the same old political garbage.

I need to be this super nice agreeable person all the time, because 90% of this job is diplomacy, and yet all I really want to do is to get up and call out everyone on their bullshit. My blood is boiling and I need to act like it's the nice calming steam of a relaxing cup of tea. And the worst part is, I have become shockingly good at it. Shocking for me anyway. Probably to anyone who has ever known me too. Which is exactly the change of personality life has being demanding for me, and yet I can't help but feel like I am loosing so much of myself in this... On both directions, I am more agreeable and diplomatic then ever when it seems consequential and more of a prick who pushes people away when it's unlikely to be, and yet neither feels like the fun yet prickly self I used to be.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #10398
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sounds like a bag of stress, trace
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #10399
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Remember it's not you, you're not lying, not being deceitful, it's your job, like an actor playing a roll. Don't be ashamed of becoming good at it, that's what they hired you to do.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #10400
it
Banned

Oh sorry - that probably portrays me better then I am - it wasn't intentional: Let me clarify that for me this isn't an issue of guilt, it's an issue of restraint. My problem isn't dishonesty on an ethical basis, it's having to keep all of what I really think inside.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #10401
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's what makes actors good at their job. You can portray the sympathetic shoulder to lean on, then kick a puppy on the way home.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #10402
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceur View Post
My problem isn't dishonesty on an ethical basis...
Yeah, we know that much. Milk thief...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #10403
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Yeah, we know that much. Milk thief...
That actually worked out really well - they increased the amount of milk they buy. Now a co worker of mine gets to have cereal at work every shift, and I never end up not having enough for coffee. Plus I helped stimulate the economy, and presumably some cow's nipples, which is the most action I've gotten in awhile. Lesson learned:I should steal things more often. I've had my eyes on those sticky notes...
Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM   #10404
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #10405
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Update, she is still with us but in pain. Sometimes, she reports, she cannot bend over to get pots and pans on the lower shelves. Some days, she reports, she can't walk from one end of the house to the other without pain.
Update, she went for spinal surgery and they found that her L4 vertebrae is devastated due to new cancer they have found. We shall now see whether this convinces her that modern medicine is her better choice. This is her husband's great hope. She had been going to chiropractic for months for it. They have fused other spinal bones and hope her back works well enough to get along, and advised the next round of treatment.

It is just terrible.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #10406
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

So sorry. Chiropractic for this, oh god ... I can't imagine. Wrenching bones that are already disintegrated and forcing them past ... aggh. So sorry to hear all of this, the entire situation is terrible as you say.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #10407
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I agree, I've had good luck with Chiropractors but I wasn't broken, just bent.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #10408
it
Banned

God damn it... Just followed the post-chain on your friend, UT. And it has gone on for awhile, I am hoping modern medicine still has some time.

That's... How do you deal with a situation like that?
I mean, here's your friend just when she needs support more then ever and hard truth more then ever, while been a self-destructive idiot and yet having every right to be a self destructive idiot. How the fuck do you navigate that terrain?
Old 10-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #10409
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You have the argument your whole life, but there is this point where you aren't entitled any longer, and then you just don't have it. You just leave it on the floor.

My friend was going to have the argument yesterday with her ("Do you want to see your children graduate high school?") but she was still too groggy and in pain.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #10410
glatt

I can't judge her decision.

Coming from my perspective as a healthy person, I would like to think that I would fight like hell in her situation. The kids! But who knows how I would feel if it was me?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss