The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #31
Juniper
I know, right?

I rely on mine to kill spiders and those creepy millipedes in the basement. Sometimes they even get wasps and flies for me. No mice I hope!
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #32
Cloud

MY kitty curls up sweetly on my chest and purrs. No nasty eructations or flatulations.

usually!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #33
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

My cats consider me their heating pad. When I lay down on the couch to watch TV, Spike balances on my shoulder/side and makes himself comfortable. When I get into bed for the night, Spike assumes that same position, and Kirby spreads herself atop my feet (Zoey sleeps in the kitty bed nearby). That can't possibly be comfortable for Kirby, but she does it most nights.

I wonder all the time how often I kick my cat in my sleep.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #34
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
We are obviously all slaves to the master race, felidae. We give them nutritional food, offer them the shelter of our homes, present them with clever toys and scoop up their shit. In return, they destroy the furniture, fart, knock over plants and commit mayhem in general. Are we all suckers or what?
I recommend these stories written from the cat's point of view. They are The Sentinel fanfic in which the cat saves the day, but you probably don't have to know much about the show to enjoy Tibbles' description of the Food Provider and Litter Emptier:

http://www.gilhalefic.com/meowmail/

http://www.gilhalefic.com/tibblestotherescue/
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #35
SamIam

Hey, thanks for the links! I read both stories with Sylvester purring in my lap. He gives them a rating of 4 whiskers (//''\\) out of 4.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #36
Cloud

He knows who's boss, obviously!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #37
Cloud

Miles just came up to me, looked me right in the eye, and licked his lips in a very obvious message that he wants his wet food. I'm like, "not yet--it's only 4:00".

ETA: I gave in, because they were both being obnoxious, and I'm a pushover.

Last edited by Cloud; 02-21-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #38
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkeeper View Post
It sounds like a case for the vet. If he is frantic for food, he may have some condition where he is not getting enough of a specific kind of nourishment. The symptoms if he eats too much would be part of it. Some conditions are serious. I would take him.
Alright, consensus says take him to the vet, so Ill see if we can get in tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #39
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Bosco likes to move his water bowl off his kitteh fud mat to various places around the kitchen.

We have a fun new game now...while I'm sitting on the bed watching TV, he peeks at me from the floor on the other side. And when I duck down, he sits up on his back legs to see if I'm still there.

So funny, seeing his pointy-eared kitty head rise up slowly over the side of the bed.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #40
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
So funny, seeing his pointy-eared kitty head rise up slowly over the side of the bed.
I love the pointy-ears. Little witch hats!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #41
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I had a plastic licker too!
Me three. Luna loves grocery bags, but only when we're around to scold her.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #42
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Toonces and Madison both loved plastic. However, they were both allergic to it. I found this out because when we first got Toonces his little mouth was swelling up. Doc said he was allergic to his plastic bowls (apparently it's kind of common) and to switch. Now I use stainless steel and glass bowls. Madison had the same allergy, but was much more adamant about eating any plastic wrapper he could get his little teeth on.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #43
Cloud

I have a "plastic bag lover" AND., and a "little piece of trashy plastic chewer"
Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #44
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i heard that the plastic chewing thing comes from early weaning. Bunyip was a plastic chewer
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #45
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I always assumed that too, LJ.
But both my Singas lived with their mothers in a kitten pen and chose when to wean themselves.

Dylan was a plastic chewer. His favourite was the handles of long-life carrier bags. He'd put little teeth holes in them which were easy to miss - until you had a bag full of heavy items like water and apples, then the handle would snap - usually halfway home.

Diz is a paper/ card chewer. His preference is book covers. Many of my books look ragged at the corners.

What he did today?
Well, waking me up at five by patting my eyes for a start. He wasn't shut in either - I shut Mia in my parents' room for a change and let him have the run of the house. He obviously just wanted some company.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote