The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #211
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
And don't even think about place names in Wales...
Won't even...

I've been down that rabbit hole.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #212
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
A woman yesterday was blethering on about all the places she'd visited, including Blenheim Palace. Which she called Blenn-hime.
Now why would a woman of obvious breeding and culture wish to lower herself to the guttural pronunciations of the local riffraff? Would you wish her to wallow in pronounsorial gutter of the Welsh also?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #213
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'd love to be able to speak Welsh!
I love the Welsh.

Note I didn't wish to learn Welsh. I have no aptitude for languages. And I'm too lazy to work hard at it.

But if I was able to download them to my brain, my wish list would be Mandarin, Urdu and Welsh. The first two far more useful, the third most lyrical. It's a beautiful language. And so foreign.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #214
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Idiot Fucking Fool Of The Day:

Name:  fuckingfool.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  81.5 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #215
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Shit. That makes me dizzy just lookin at it.

Where is that pic from, any idea?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #216
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I tried to TinEye the pic with no luck.

I think the housing looks sort of Europeanish, but, those concrete-colored buildings at lower left look sort of Russiany.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #217
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I did a Google Image search which returned several sites most of which weren't in English, but didn't appear to offer much in the way of information anyway.

There's a car driving on the RHS of the road so that rules out the UK.

Have considered the possibility of Germany or Netherlands due to the geometric street patterns. Not going to put money on it though.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM   #218
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Where is that pic from, any idea?
Let's get the Pros involved.

Thanks to Glatt, & StreetView, the guy is on a building at the corner of Confederation Parkway and Princess Royal Drive in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 05-25-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:43 AM   #219
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Edward Barlow had a shock when he undertook his first driving lesson on Wednesday. As he was parked at the side of the road talking to his instructor, a cyclist rode straight into the back of the car and it was captured on a camera looking out of the back window.

The male cyclist appears to be riding along the side of the road looking down at his bars, possibly at his bike computer. He fails to look up on his approach to the parked car and hits it full on, catapulting himself into the back window.

“So my first ever driving lesson went really well even though some crazy guy cycled into the back of me when I was parked…” said Barlow.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #220
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, God! I laughed way too hard and long at that.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #221
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I wonder if that's an area where stopping's permitted. It doesn't look like it, just the two traffic lanes. Still. Watch where the hell you're going, ffs.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #222
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, you need to look up every now and then...

The way dude's face slides down that window is just hilarious.

I can't quit watching it.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #223
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I wonder if that's an area where stopping's permitted. It doesn't look like it, just the two traffic lanes. Still. Watch where the hell you're going, ffs.
There are no lines painted on the side of the road, so stopping, waiting, parking are all perfectly legal.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #224
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Now, don't quote me on this, but I think it's probably better to look over your shoulder before you move out and not after.

Profanity warning. Qty 1.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #225
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hah!

In fact, double hah!