The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #226
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

Why is it when I download the digital camera, there's always ONE PICTURE that ruins the whole web album so I can't send the link to my mom???

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #227
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

Damn horn-ball astronauts.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #228
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

(Click for background, as seen at the Dallas dinner table.)

So I'm sitting at my desk signing some perfectly innocent purchase orders. And my phone rings.

"Umm.. Dad..." [it's my daughter]".....I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Well, let's suppose we were doing a TV commercial...."

"Wait, does Mom know you're calling me?"

"Umm.. no."

"Where's Mom?"

"Inside doing something."

"Uh... OK... go ahead..."

"Well, let's say we were doing a TV commercial. If we filmed somebody making the ketchup bottle fly through the air, would you be able to take the video and edit out the person so it was just the ketchup flying?"
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #229
smurfalicious
Tool. Not the band - you are one.

I think my reply to that would have to be "yes, dear, it can be done the same way i can edit out the person who murders the one making the ketchup bottle fly through the air"

smurfalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #230
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Steve.........well....you can edit out the person. Am I missing something here? Maybe I'm too childlike to get that one.

It's cute that there was a special phone call made about though. Very important question. *now that's cute*

This thread is starting to get to me. I am not going to have a kid...you guys have to stop this!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #231
theotherguy

The other day thelittleguy and theotherlady were in our local drugstore. My wife saw a little boy that appears to be adopted from a latin american country. As we are nearing the end (hopefully!) of our very long adoption of a little boy from Guatemala, she points him out to TLG and says, "You see that little boy over there? He looks alot like TLG2 will look." TLG takes a few minutes looking him over real well. My wife says it was really cute and she can see the wheels turning. TLG has seen many photos of our new son and even some webcam footage on the last visit. After several minutes he turns to her, and very loudly asks, "You mean brown?"
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #232
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Long story short: we've been using account passwords that the kids don't know to regulate how much they're on the computer. We recently discovered my daughter (the main computer user) figured out how to change her brother's password. I found out what it was by using a password cracker, and casually mentioned the password to her.

Her: "Oh. Well, I'd like to know how you found that out."
Me: "I have ways of finding these things out."
Her: "I guess you're smarter than I gave you credit for."
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #233
10MHz
Rapscallion

I was waiting in line at the bank a few weeks ago and there was a woman in back of me who was having problems dealing with an impatient child. The child was complaining that he was bored and demanded that his mother bring him to Burger King for lunch. The mother tried several times to explain that the line was moving and that they would go to lunch after she completed her transactions, but he wouldn't relent. Finally, the child loudly announced that if his mother didn't bring him to the restaurant immediately that he was going to tell Daddy that he saw Mommy with Uncle Peter's penis in her mouth. The woman grabbed the kid and dashed red faced out of the bank with most of the patrons laughing hysterically.
10MHz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #234
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/peepee.asp
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #235
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

My sons have had an ant farm going over the school holidays (vacation) and my oldest son has been recording observations over the last week or so. These are the first couples of days worth. Some of the phrases were pretty funny to me and hubby. I don't know if they'll be as funny to you guys, but I thought I'd share.

Ant Colony Diary

Sunday 30th Sptember 5 pm:Green ants started digging colony. Aprox 20 ants.

Day One: Only got four hours to record. In four hours the green ants dug three cm down in ant gel.
Reflection: I was very suprised at how far down the ants dug because the people at the shop said it will take weeks for them to start digging. But they were black ants at the store and we are using green ants for this experiment.
Notes:The ants have created some sort of condensation on the inside of the container just above the line of ant gel.
Conditions: It was a hot day and we had the air con on.They have made it big enough for two lanes one down and one up.

Day two: I had a whole day to record. In one day they had dug about three cm down and two other tunnels.
Reflection: I was suprised when I looked at it because I thought the ants would have went to sleep but they didn’t which I thought it was weird.
Notes: Nothing really happened that day but i noticed that every time I opened the lid the ants would go crazy and try to escape.
Conditions: It was a hot day once again but we did not have the air con on and there was no condensation stuff. I kept on knocking the container over and that might have changed the way they acted.

Day three: I got a whole day to record again and in that day they had made alot of new tunnels and they are touching eachother. The ants have been busy on the third day.
Reflection: This day of my experiment was the most productive day of all three days so far. I think they have made about five more tunnels and they are all touching.I am very happy about how much has been done today and the last few days.
Notes: The ants have created a heap more space to move for themselves.
Conditions: Once again it was a hot day but no air con and also no condensation.(Which I think is a good thing because the condensation might have done something to my ants). Today I have tipped it over a few times again.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #236
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Thats cute Ali.

ToGgie...I didnt know you were adopting?
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #237
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

After dinner at my parents the other nite, ferel#1 (T) heard me say "see ya, Dad".

I was trying to explain that Poppie was actually my Dad, Nannie was my Mum, etc etc

T pipes in with...."My Daddy is a really naughty one isnt he?..he never came back", (talking about the fact that he left and hasnt been seen since)..."Can you get me a new Daddy?"

To which I muttered I would see what I can do.

T then asks in an excited voice..."WOW....will he be a PINK one or a YELLOW one??"
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #238
theotherguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
ToGgie...I didnt know you were adopting?
Yep. Very exciting and very frustrating. I might post about it at some point.
theotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #239
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
I was trying to explain that Poppie was actually my Dad, Nannie was my Mum, etc etc
My kids didn't have nearly as much trouble understanding this as they did that Mom and Dad were once little kids too.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #240
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My stepdaughter really didn't understand the concept of "before you were born" for a ridiculously long time. We could show her pictures of her father as a boy with a young Grandma, and she would completely get it--and then later bust out with, "Yeah, I was just a baby then."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor