The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #181
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
My new upstairs neighbors...are obviously not used to living in multi-family quarters...I think they are actually a spastic rhinoceros couple...
This is why I always lived on the top floor - 4 separate times in fact.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #182
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
homegirl threw away a letter with a $50 bill in it.

"I didn't see it."

There was one sheet of paper folded around a 50. How could you not see it?

already at the dump.

Found $625 worth of checks in unopened envelopes...
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #183
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

You probably didn't want to pay that $50 bill anyway.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #184
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oh bite me!

You can't even drink diet pop anymore, without someone getting all up in your grill. Ooooh, they drink Diet Coke, let's make them feel guilty about that too! I'm so scared now, what all this soda is doing to me. The horrors! What is wrong with me? Why can't I say "no"? Why am I such a horrible addict? I'm so weak. I'm so beaten down. I need help. I need a 12 pack program like AA. Did I say pack? I meant step.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/03/01...x.html?hpt=T2#

Quote:
Factors besides caffeine are likely at work. Although diet soda clearly isn't as addictive as a drug like nicotine, experts say the rituals that surround diet soda and the artificial sweeteners it contains can make some people psychologically -- and even physically -- dependent on it in ways that mimic more serious addictions. And unlike sugared soda, which will make you gain weight if you drink too much of it, zero-calorie soda doesn't seem to have an immediate downside that prevents people from overindulging.
In other words: so fucking what?

And I got news for those folks: 6 cans a day? Freaking lightweight. I'll see your six cans and raise you 8 or 9 more. Put that in your glass and drink it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go smoke a cigarette, drink another pop, and get some pizza for lunch. If I could I'd burn one, and have some beer too.

and, end rant.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #185
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

You rebel, you.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #186
monster
I hear them call the tide

The insurance people for the summer pool. I started typing out the whole story but they're just not worth the effort. They're pissing me off. Contact me urgently it's overdue (then they don't answer) yada yada yada ...and this is like the fourth sequel....
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #187
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have lost my camera.
In this house.*
I wanted to upload pictures of my costume.

Bloody hell, it's NOT a big place!
And 90% of things are in the correct place here (the exception being my room, but I've searched that pretty well).
WHERE IS MY BLOODY CAMERA?????!!!!!

Pissed off.

* Both Dad and I took pics after I got back from school, so I know it's here. And I was the last one to use it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #188
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

If you were Diz, where would you put it?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #189
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Sounds like you have a camera obscura.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #190
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I found my camera.
But I've just had such a trauma uploading the photos I am in no mood to put them on here.

Seriously.
I shouted so hard at this stupid machine that I scared Diz off.
(the 'rents are out of course)

Good thinking though, Clod.
It looks like I had the camera on the arm of the sofa, and it's highly likely that Mr Diz knocked it off. It's where I usually find the remote, my phone and my glasses after all. I just couldn't remember where I'd last had the camera, which is why I wasn't checking the floor.

Oh and on a side note - heard my Mum telling my sister that she would have to come with her when she had an appointment with the Social Worker about Grandad. To back her up and support her. Why Laura? Who helped her look after Grandad these last few years? Who was sole carer when she was away on holiday and house-sitting? Who went to get his lunch form town, his shopping from Tesco - despite not having a car? Who washed his cock and balls when he had diarrhea? Who has helped with his washing and ironing. Oh, I guess it must have been Laura. With her wide view of the world and her immense experience and her high intellect and her knowledge of mental health and the NHS.

God, I know how ridiculous that sounds. It's petty, it's jealousy and I should bloody well grow up and be pleased that Mum does have another daughter she can rely on. But I'm hurt instead, and pissed off.

Deep breath, rub some dirt on it stupid.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #191
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Hell, SG, you've probably got far better experience of dealing with social workers, too ! But seriously, you have every right to be pissed off, IMHO!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #192
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Oh Let them deal with the shit ,
You have Done what You can do ,
and I have NO Doubt that you will keep on helping ,
Take care of YOU
Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #193
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Oh and on a side note - heard my Mum telling my sister that she would have to come with her when she had an appointment with the Social Worker about Grandad. To back her up and support her. Why Laura? Who helped her look after Grandad these last few years? Who was sole carer when she was away on holiday and house-sitting? Who went to get his lunch form town, his shopping from Tesco - despite not having a car? Who washed his cock and balls when he had diarrhea? Who has helped with his washing and ironing. Oh, I guess it must have been Laura. With her wide view of the world and her immense experience and her high intellect and her knowledge of mental health and the NHS.

God, I know how ridiculous that sounds. It's petty, it's jealousy and I should bloody well grow up and be pleased that Mum does have another daughter she can rely on. But I'm hurt instead, and pissed off.

Deep breath, rub some dirt on it stupid.
Life is so freaking unfair sometimes, huh? And no, you don't sound ridiculous at all. You ain't petty, and you don't need to grow up. You're already mature, and you're doing the best for your elders. Good for you! May good karma come your way. Get pissed off but only just a moment then let it go. That's how life is; it sucks. But don't let it blacken your heart. Let it go so you can laugh and smile and let your good heart shine through.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #194
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I think you should be pleased that she wanted someone else to "back her up and support her," since that sounds like a pansy job you shouldn't want anyway. My guess would be that your mom knows that you are, in fact, a more prominent caretaker than she has been, so she won't be able to get any sort of ego-stroking from you in front of the social worker, and might even look like a derelict daughter who is passing off so much work to the devoted granddaughter. Laura's ignorance might be the most important feature for your mom in this case, no?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #195
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

yeah. I think so too.

I don't think I would be so good at holding up under that.

You are a strong person SG.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limburger