Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Masquerade Ball

Inspired by richlevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
I think the major difference in us is that as a liberal, I actually try to see your point.
He said a lot more and you should go read or re-read it, 'cause it's good stuff.

So I have been thinking about his remarks, and this thread is the result. I *do* try to see others' points. It helps me understand more. Another thing I do to clarify my thoughts is think out loud. I also try reflective listening, repeating parts of a conversation to verify my comprehension. I'm going to masquerade! I will post from the point of view of others. Maybe sometimes those others will be specific individuals, or screennames, or just "them". I toyed with the idea of a "talk like a _______ day" where I'd take on the role of another in all my posts. That still sounds fun, but not yet.

So here is where I'll practice. You can have fun too, and maybe learn something. Make a post on the wild side. Post a mile in someone else's shoes. Pretend you're something you're not. (I realize that is not a big change for some of you out there, but for those of us who post in earnest, it'll be a shift.) Have fun!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Marriage Ammendment currently under debate in Congress should be passed, and quickly. Our country's founding fathers had no idea what a threat gay marriage would become, and it's our duty to this living document, our duty to all the embattled hardworking, normal people, our duty to the children, that we ammend the Constitution to keep those people from tearing our country down with their twisted demands to be married. They're so wrong! We must act, decisively!

Man, that was harder than I thought. Got to keep trying.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

We should build a fleet, a big fleet like the Liberty ships of WWII, and have them sail back and forth, from N.Y.C. & L.A. to every port in the world, until no more people want to come here. Give them free passage, no passports or visas required and a stipend to live on once they get here.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Um...are we supposed to guess who is being emulated, here?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

If you wish.

I wasn't channeling anyone special that time, but I have often wondered "What the heck is he thinking?!" and this is where I'll try out those thoughts. I do intend to emulate some voices here, and some outside the cellar too.

It's not that rigid, really. I'm just trying to think like someone else. "Know thine enemy", capisce?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I really don't think I can do this without having my brain explode.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

Mental Midget MBAs are so un-American that they don't sign on pro innovation Kyoto Protocals making end of world for right wing Christian masters.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Only a child would need to play a game like this.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Who cares. Why do you care? Just let him have his fun.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #10
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Only a child would need to play a game like this.
so you're saying Damien is not The Devil, just the Devil's Advocate?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
Shocker
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

America is evil. Out of all the countries in the world, the sole source, responsibility and cause of all illegal immigration ever into the United States is the United States. We provide all the incentives for people to come here illegally without any fault within the originating country. It's never Jose Mexicana's fault for illegally coming here, because for whatever his reasons may be, the U.S. is responsible for it...