The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #6361
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Appendicitis is usually due to infection. I know a kid who had to have his out at age 7. It can be very serious if left untreated, so it's good she got it taken care of, but otherwise, you shouldn't worry too much.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #6362
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

It's not JUST the appendicitis...

When I started my freshman year of college she was diagnosed with diabetes... no big surprise as it runs in my family.

Then she went to the doctor and they found that she had a cyst the size of an avocado in her ovary... she decided to have it removed and they gave her a hysterectomy for good measure as well.

The diabetes was unable to be controlled by eating healthy and taking medication no matter how much tweaking was done to her routine or process and she was looking at dialysis for her kidneys within three to five years... so she started the path to gastric bypass surgery.

Once in the program they find out she has a malfunctioning gallbladder, so during the surgery they yank that sucker out too for good measure.

She gets the gastric bypass and recovers from that which helps with her blood pressure problems (oh I didn't mention those, well she has blood pressure problems too) and helps with the diabetes so she is down to one shot a day instead of three shots and two pills.

A year or so later they tell her that the diabetes isn't going to go away as it sometimes does with gastric patients and they will have to up her meds a bit.

Then her appendix burst while she's on vacation.

All of these things individually don't mean much, and no, not all of them have to do with age... but she's running out of nonessential body parts to get rid of.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #6363
monster
I hear them call the tide

tonsils.....
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #6364
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

teeth...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #6365
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 View Post
It's not JUST the appendicitis...

When I started my freshman year of college she was diagnosed with diabetes... no big surprise as it runs in my family.

Then she went to the doctor and they found that she had a cyst the size of an avocado in her ovary... she decided to have it removed and they gave her a hysterectomy for good measure as well.

The diabetes was unable to be controlled by eating healthy and taking medication no matter how much tweaking was done to her routine or process and she was looking at dialysis for her kidneys within three to five years... so she started the path to gastric bypass surgery.

Once in the program they find out she has a malfunctioning gallbladder, so during the surgery they yank that sucker out too for good measure.

She gets the gastric bypass and recovers from that which helps with her blood pressure problems (oh I didn't mention those, well she has blood pressure problems too) and helps with the diabetes so she is down to one shot a day instead of three shots and two pills.

A year or so later they tell her that the diabetes isn't going to go away as it sometimes does with gastric patients and they will have to up her meds a bit.

Then her appendix burst while she's on vacation.

All of these things individually don't mean much, and no, not all of them have to do with age... but she's running out of nonessential body parts to get rid of.
Aw, hon, I know its hard right now to feel like things will get better for her, but trust me they can! My mom had quite a few issues when I was in middle school. An endocrine condition that led to her having her thyroid and parathyroids removed, a tumor on her pituitary gland, gall bladders stones (more than 1 round of 'em), fibroid muscle tumors that led to a hysterectomy and blood pressure problems. I stayed up many nights feeling like I was going to lose her. Our family actually looks back on that time and refer to it as "the crazy years." She's still crazy, don't get me wrong, but she is a lot healthier than she was and can out energize my sis and I. Its hard watching a family member go through all of that, especially a parent (which I think a lot of the older dwellers know too much about as well), but in reality, your mom is not all that old and with today's medical technology, she can improve. I doubt your mother would want you to be so overwhelmed with worry also.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #6366
morethanpretty

Stupid fucking idiot boyfriend decided we should break up. He couldn't even come up with a decent reason. His complaints are: I don't like to party every weekend, I'm always sick (yeah like I can help that), I don't clean enough (neither does he), and I don't want to have children even though I'm willing to adopt and he's YEARS away from actually wanting them, so what does that even matter now?!
Oh and the really really shitty thing? This came up about 1 month ago, so I did take a hard look at my attitude and tried be more forgiving, less bitchy, more positive ect ect. I have made improvements. Then yesterday, without him having mentioned any complaints in the past month, he tells me I'm still too bitchy ect ect. If he had an issue, why the fuck didn't he talk to me about it? You want to know why? Because he's a shallow, hypocritical asshole. I have done everything to try and help him with his job and school situation, and this is my reward? He doesn't even recognize my improvements and claims that my trying to help him is in my own selfish interest!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #6367
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Another door will open MTP. Be glad that he is giving you this opportunity!
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #6368
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Another door will open MTP. Be glad that he is giving you this opportunity!
I had opportunities I passed up for him.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #6369
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

sorry, mortie. remember that you ARE more than just pretty. darker days will pass on, the sun will shine again, all that shit.

suffer hard, suffer well, and then bloom again. we love ya.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #6370
monster

Weren't you going to kick his ass to the curb anyway? You're well shot.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #6371
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
MoreThanLucky
Old 03-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #6372
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

You'll be better without him. He seems immature. You have always impressed me with your wise-beyond-your-years mind. Wait for the guy who gets that.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #6373
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Weren't you going to kick his ass to the curb anyway? You're well shot.
I had changed my mind about that. I was trying to be more outgoing and open minded.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #6374
monster

The situation in Japan is upsetting me today.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #6375
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The situation in Japan is upsetting me today.
This CNN slideshow: well some of them just break my heart. Such horrible devastation.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/...ex.html?hpt=T1

Tags
swiss