The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Isn't is amazing what "we" should do?

Me (resigned from board of Winter swim team end of last season, still unreplaced as treasurer): Hey guys, here's the info about getting the ad in the program for the summer swim championships.

Them: silence

::time passes::

Me: Here's a forward of the email that says today's the last day to get the ad in

Them: silence

Other person who is about to resign but hasn't actually so feels sorta responsible: So, monster, do you have a copy of what we ran last year?

Me: yes, here, but it has dates and prices on it and I don't know what you guys agreed for this year.

Other resignee: Ok I texted the pres and she said use the same as last year, it had no prices or dates......

*sighs*

Finally, an active board member (verbatim): Advertising during championship is a good idea.

Well yes, that's why we've done it for several years and I gave you the nudge and info even though I am no longer involved......

Other resignee (privately, verbatim): I am ready to scream

Me (privately): me too

Other Resignee: I don't have time to fix this to make it generic, can anyone do it?

Another current board member (verbatim): That is what I was going to say that the price and the date for registration needs to be taken out. If we are going to do it. being we haven't had a meeting I don't even think this is worth it. [board member X] is out of town till the middle of August is he may not even se this. as far as a meeting I will be gone the end of next week and all of the next till Aug 8.

[board member X] (verbatim): Thanks for keeping me updated

I'm kinda thinking we are not going to get this done. Of course then there will be the debate that someone should have done it......
Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
monster

...but I won't be there

I've never been happy to be leaving a board before...... this one, you can keep it

I am kinda sad because I'd hoped Hebe would go back once her high school season was done, but there are other options.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

I'm betting a dollar that, at some point, someone says -

"Well, Monster should have taken care of this before now!"

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
monster

This morning, on the pool deck (prez and two resignees are at our pool, the other two are on the opposing team, X is still out of town)

Active Board member: So, Monster, are we going to advertise in the championship program then?

Me: I am no longer on the board. I can sign the check for you, but that's not my decision.

Lather, rinse, repeat a few times.....

Prez wanders over

Prez: Yes, we are just going to take the dates and prices out.

We? we?

Prez: Resigning board member is going to do it.

Me: No she isn't, she doesn't have time.

yada yada yada explosion

Prez (huge drama-style): Well then, I'll try to do it. Someone needs to forward the file to me.

Someone someons anyone Bueller?

me: It was forwarded to all the board

prez: well I didn't get it!

(funny I heard that yesterday about something else from you that I know you got)

resigning board member: yes it went to everyone, you were on there......

walk away, walk away, walk away.
aaaaargh!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Nirvana
Back in 10

I was forced off the club newsletter for no other reason than a board member did not like me. [jealous I suppose] Anyway the first one that took it over had not a clue. Email to me: Can you help her? Umm no. Then they get another person can you help her? > Um no if you fire the competent person then no I can't help you anymore.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I was forced off the club newsletter for no other reason than a board member did not like me. [jealous I suppose] Anyway the first one that took it over had not a clue. Email to me: Can you help her? Umm no. Then they get another person can you help her? > Um no if you fire the competent person then no I can't help you anymore.
Drugs: They're not just for breakfast anymore, apparently.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
monster

Soon-to-be-resigned resigned. The thing actually got sent (I have no idea what it looks like). Prez actually woke up and communicated with the board about a meeting (the one they should have had forever ago to set dates and prices.....)

Unfortunately, recently resigned is co-swim-mom with prez on our summer team and I'm the unofficial third swim-mom and it's been the summer from hell in that respect. Prez has been unbearable/unreliable and downright unpleasant. the board will be asking her to step down which should be fun. She and I have been "friends" for 10 years. We are co-coaches on the school team. She really needs a trip to the shrink but is not in any place to hear that yet. She's working way too hard, is getting paranoid that her kids are getting the shitty end of the stick so is going overboard mama-bearing for her kids to the point where she tries to manipulate everything to their benefit, not noticing the destruction it leave for all others in her wake. Anything and everything we do/suggest is rejected out of hand, but she goes ahead with her way without a thought of even letting anyone know (when she actually does something)

You knew this was going to be the thin end of a wedge of poop when I started, right?

Recently resigned and I are going to get drunk together tonight.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
This fable brought to you by Nike. Just Do It.