The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #46
glatt

Don't use the microwave.
Use the oven instead.
Let's be healthy.
Fuck bread.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #47
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I see what you did there. Acknowledged and approved, sir.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #48
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #49
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuck bread.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #50
Griff
still says videotape

Ha!
Old 03-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #51
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Not even identified is that microwave's design year - 1970, 1973, 1976, or 1979 technology.
Given that I've mentioned several times that the microwave is 50 years old, and this is 2019, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was built in . . . let's see . . . carry the one . . . 1968 or 1969. I have no idea what year the thing was designed. A reasonable guess would be 1967 or 1968.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Not identified are any other appliance in safety lockout mode. Even the resulting behavior of each display (clock) still is not listed.
I have no idea what you're going on about, and I'm perfectly ok with that. Thanks anyway. I got the answers I wanted.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #52
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The some clocks being ok and some had to be reset could be the ok ones have a battery or large capacitor to bridge short lapses in power. The other possibility is most houses have a 220 volt service(actually 240) that comes in on two 110 volt lines. Both are used for 220 appliances, but one is used for wall outlets. In order to balance the load about half the outlets will be on one leg and half on the other. I've seen more than once one leg coming in be interrupted and the clocks needing to be reset may all be on one leg.
More good info that makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The Sharp carousel microwaves you don't have to turn the food, it's turning all the time. By some king of fucking magic when I open the door and set something on the platter, no mater what time I give it when the time is up that item is exactly where I put it. 30 seconds or 30 minutes or 533 seconds the item is right there.
I've considered a microwave with a turntable, but that always makes me think that it's one more thing that could go wrong with the microwave. Also, they're difficult to clean (I used to do elder care for a guy that had a turntable microwave and cleaning it was a big pain in the arse).

As for the turntable lining up every time . . .

Old 03-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #53
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
...had a turntable microwave and cleaning it was a big pain in the arse).
It's a flat piece of glass. It's no more difficult to clean than a dinner plate. It's basically a large plate.

The turntables are in-built, or built-in, I ferget which, now-a-days.

Wouldn't have a micro without one, tbh.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #54
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What is it w/microwaves and regular ovens? I bought a microwave a while back to replace one that was haunted.

The old micro thawed a pound of hamburger in about eight minutes. The new one's manual calls for 15+ minutes. Hell, I can do it that fast in a warm bowl of water!

Our regular oven was trying to burn the house down so the 'rents went out and got a new one. The old oven would preheat to 445 degrees in 4 minutes 15 seconds (I used 445 because 450 takes an extra 2 minutes 15 seconds, what's 5 degrees?). The new one? 12-16 minutes so far. And the new one when preheating shows the temp instead of time remaining,<--which I find more useful.

I was expecting better heating performance, especially when you consider the price: $666 and change, I shit you not.

I told them "If you'd waited a couple days, I'd have bought a used one for a couple hundred bucks. Here's a couple hundred bucks."

Old 03-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #55
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

And I didn't drink for week.

Old 03-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #56
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
It's a flat piece of glass. It's no more difficult to clean than a dinner plate. It's basically a large plate.

The turntables are in-built, or built-in, I ferget which, now-a-days.

Wouldn't have a micro without one, tbh.
Not the glass plate; the thing the plate sits on. The one I had to clean had this inside it:

The old man would invariably spill shit in there (or cook it so long that it boiled over), and that shit would get beneath the plate and gunk up the little wheels of the tripod thing that held the plate. PITA!!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #57
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ooohhhhhhh, that. Yeah I can see the pita what with the tripod and the wheels and the stuff...

Old 03-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Here's a couple hundred bucks."
Quote:
And I didn't drink for week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
The old man would invariably spill shit in there (or cook it so long that it boiled over), and that shit would get beneath the plate and gunk up the little wheels of the tripod thing that held the plate. PITA!!
Oh yeah, that would be a pain in the ass. I don't have that problem, the glass plate is 18" in diameter and has a lip to stop anything that does boil over. I only have spatters on the walls/ceiling/door from not covering stuff I reheat.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #59
Glinda

Quote:
What is it w/microwaves and regular ovens? I bought a microwave a while back to replace one that was haunted.

The old micro thawed a pound of hamburger in about eight minutes. The new one's manual calls for 15+ minutes. Hell, I can do it that fast in a warm bowl of water!
Right? My poor deceased microwave thawed a pound of burger meat in about eight minutes, too. I've never had the patience to use the newer microwave to thaw a pound of meat, but I know it takes more than eight minutes, what with the four or five move the food and turn the machine back on interruptions that using it entails.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #60
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Mine just has a tiny little three-petaled--thing--that the big ol' plate kinda sets on, no wheels.