The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 03-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #76
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not at all, I like the fact the left lane bandits won't move unless they are tailgated, even less. I've been pondering James Bondish forward facing rocket launchers. Not for real military blow'em up rockets, but 4th of July class C rockets to fire a foot above their roof. That should get their attention.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #77
Griff
still says videotape

Who was the tailgated vehicle supposed to cutoff, the tractor trailer or the car on the on ramp?
Old 03-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #78
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He didn't have to cut off anyone, there was enough room to pull an aircraft carrier in front of the truck. If you're far enough ahead for the truck to see your blinky, it's not a problem IF YOU DON"T SLOW DOWN. The trouble comes when they pass the truck, pull in then slow to a speed slower than the truck is traveling. It's stupid, dangerous and very very rude.

A guy was telling me how he always uses his blinkys, always gives the passed vehicle plenty of room, doesn't travel more than 5 over, and just loves his cruise control which he uses all the time. When he comes up on a truck doing 5 less than he is he just puts on his blinky, changes lanes, and when well past the truck puts on the blinky and moves back.

I told him passing that truck with a 5 mph differential, just tied up the left lane for 15 fucking miles. He said, so? He's lucky there were several witnesses including two cops. I couldn't even yell at him in case I got a chance to dismember him later.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #79
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Not at all, I like the fact the left lane bandits won't move unless they are tailgated, even less.
I have found flashing headlights to be both more polite and far more effective. You flash your lights, I know you mean to tell me something. You tailgate me, you might just be a jerk, and if I move over (thus screwing up the flow of the lane next to me, which is likely crowded as well,) you might not even pass me.

Also, where is the line of what is "fast enough" for the fast lane? Just this past Sunday I was going 90--no exaggeration whatsoever--and got passed on the right by a guy flipping me off and waving me out of the fast lane like I was a grandma going 5 under. It's all relative.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #80
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I haven't found the headlights to be effective in daylight.
You only screw up the flow of traffic in the lane next to you if it's packed so dense everybody is crawling. Traffic doesn't move in a continuous flow, it moves in packs, mobs, with breaks in between. One of the things I noticed a very long time ago, before mobile radar, and used it as a defense strategy. If a car is coming up fast from the rear in the left lane, and passes a group of three or more cars in the right lane, if not one of that group pull out to pass after he goes by them, it's a cop. Now that strategy is outdated, but traffic habits haven't changed except to add more clueless dolts who are now distracted as well. Oh, and there's more angry armed people out there.

There is no line, there is no fast enough. Travel at what's comfortable for you, but always have situational awareness and let faster traffic by.

Two rules of the road:
1- Don't hit the car in front.
2- Don't impede the car behind.
Then you will live long and prosper.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #81
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Unique way to steal a car. I can't embed it though.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #82
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Must be from MO.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #83
Pamela
Deplorable

I really dislike it when guys (and it is ALWAYS guys) put that on their trailers. If we are gonna flash bewbage, we're gonna do it, demanding takes the fun out of it.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #84
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He's just letting the world know he's open to being flashed in case someone gets the urge. Please.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #85
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #86
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He honked for them to move but they didn't so he flamed them.
Boys and girls, if you see a tanker laying on it's side... run, don't walk.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #87
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think they were trying to scream the fire out.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #88
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I don't know how that very lucky woman ain't hamburger meat.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #89
Pamela
Deplorable

Nice save from a trailer jackknife. Those are HARD to stop. You have to grab the Johnson bar (trailer brake handle) real fast and juuuust apply the brakes to the trailer enough to pull it out without losing control entirely.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #90
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Probably hitting the tree helped kick the trailer back over.