Burger King 22 64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #46
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
What? You eat designer fast food?
I guess you might call it that. For fast food I eat all sorts of tasty stuff. Hummus and sprouts in a pita, for example.

Honestly, I can't hardly stand eating out most places because the price is out of proportion to the taste and effort required in making it. You can buy a shitty burger at McDonald's for a couple of bucks or you can make one at home that tastes infinitely better and takes about the same amount of time and money. The other option is to go to a sit-down restaurant and buy an overpriced burger that is cooked correctly about 10% of the time. Actually, I take that back. Many restaurants are using those Costco-pucks, usually without bothering to defrost them.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #47
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Winkle
You can buy a shitty burger at McDonald's for a couple of bucks or you can make one at home that tastes infinitely better and takes about the same amount of time and money.
Money I'll grant you, but time? No way. 10 minutes to assemble the burger mixture and make a patty, 20 minutes in the oven, 10 minutes doing dishes, not to mention the time spent shopping in the first place, an investment one may or may not have made at all...

Keep in mind, I haven't eaten out myself in literally months; I agree with your general sentiment. But time, oh, it all takes so much time...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #48
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Money I'll grant you, but time? No way. 10 minutes to assemble the burger mixture and make a patty, 20 minutes in the oven, 10 minutes doing dishes, not to mention the time spent shopping in the first place, an investment one may or may not have made at all...
Plan ahead, maybe? I know it's difficult, but if you know what you're going to eat before you eat it, then it's easier to be healthy and efficient.

Plus, WTF is that 20 minutes in the oven thing?

My method is to smash meat into a burger shape, salt and pepper it, splash on a little Worcestershire sauce during its 5 minutes in the skillet. Eat it on a paper plate or towel and you don't have any dishes but the skillet and whatever burn-prevention gear you need (I just use my fingers instead of a spatula, unless I'm doing a lot of cooking).
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #49
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Which is all well and good if you're cooking for one. Otherwise, you gotta squeeze four patties in that skillet, and then listen to the customers' wailing protests when you serve them a slab of hamburger with no bun, sides, or anything else.

I absolutely agree that planning ahead is key. I am not, however, so good at it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #50
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I chose BK, but I have to say I was impressed with the quality of the McD's in Bernalillo, NM. In Philadelphia, they're pretty disgusting.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #51
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You bad people.
You made me have a McDonalds breakfast this morning with all your posting an' that.

You were whispering in my ear from the moment I woke up (well before the sun) and you rode on my shoulder on the bus saying, "Go on, you have to go past McDonalds to get to Tesco! Go on!"

Yeah okay, bad me.
But it's the first time this year and it's quarter past June.

I forgive myself

And I loved it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #52
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh Lord, I could just eat a McD's breaky lol
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote