The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #1381
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And even if you don't like what happens, what the fuck can you do about? Seriously, all people can do is adjust as best they can, when things become reality.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #1382
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
working my tits
Never heard that one. Thanks.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #1383
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Anyone who fails to see the writing on the wall is deluding themselves. Leopards don't change their spots.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #1384
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What is pissing you off this time?

Well, not really pissing me off, but...

My neighbor a couple houses up is tuning (I guess that's what he's doing) his motorcycle. Some Japanese thing. Last year I was talking to him, and he said he had just put $5500 into head work. It's a two cylinder, and he already had the heads. Yep, $5500 just in parts and labor. It's a pretty awesome bike. Extended swing arm, aftermarket body, hidden, teensy, unbelievably bright headlights/signals/brakelights.

And, as loud as it is, I have to admit, it sounds fucking awesome.

He rides that thing in the worst weather, too. It was single digits last year, and I heard him ride that thing to work at like 5 in the morning. Rain don't bother him, either.

His helmet has a red crest like a Roman Centurion helmet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #1385
Snakeadelic
Banned

classicman, I heard about the ACA-less Federal budget midnight vote in a radio newscast from a station back Eastward that my sweetie streams. I will attempt to look up information from reliable sources; MSNBC and CNN are currently regarded as two of the more biased sources on politics and are never used as source material here.

As for the imminent fate of Medicaid, I got that information from a medical journal, not a general-news site. Will try to find that link again.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:38 AM   #1386
Snakeadelic
Banned

Gravdigr, I got that saying from a friend years ago who totally personified the term "SO GAY." He was a blast--had a real way with language. Whenever his poodle was being just too much of a poodle, he'd yell "Barnabus, stop workin' my tits or it's kennel time!" Barnabus was convinced from the day he joined the household (at the age of about 7 or 8 weeks) that both the clippers and the kennel/crate were Satan's handiwork.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:51 AM   #1387
Snakeadelic
Banned

And today I'm pissed because my neighbor INSISTS I get right back on the physical therapy roster because my back's out so bad I couldn't lift the coffee carafe out of the sink to make coffee. And he's pissed right back because for some reason I'm not bubbling over with faith that a man who can't remember to tell the maintenance team that SIX OF HIS LIGHT FIXTURES HAVE NO WORKING BULBS can remember that I'm already in hot water with the PT folks because THREE adults with two working vehicles could not manage to get me there enough to finish my last 'scrip, which officially makes me a problem patient according to their computers. Once they start giving away your appointment-with-a-therapist times, you're a problem. Oh, and Mr. "You Need To Have Faith In My Ability To Help You Any Time You Need It" can't even keep his own ass out of the ER--two visits in three weeks, no cure for the condition, haven't even found a med to maintain him on yet, and I'm supposed to have religious levels of faith in his ability to get me to ANOTHER TOWN for PT???

I can't go back to the pool I can walk to. The clinic owner has now repeatedly been heard telling people who find the chemical-circulation current too strong that they should find a different clinic because the pumps are like $8000 a set and turning the current off for even an HOUR will ruin them. These are the pumps that gave me 5 soft tissue injuries in 4 weeks, motivating my switch to out of town. My other choices in town are: wait 3-4 months until the PT department at the hospital can fit me in, and then when my scrip is done I don't get to go back. Go back to the branch up at the fitness club and IF they still have the SSI discount membership that I used to have, try to find a time when there aren't a bunch of tweens playing in the PT lanes (despite PARENTS MUST SUPERVISE signs on all the walls). Go back to the public pool that I swore I'd never set foot in again after they blew every single state and federal medical confidentiality law right out their asses and got in seriously ugly trouble for it.

This is currently pissing me off so hard that despite all my other feelings about the activity, if they ever invent a surgery or a pill that CURES panic attacks, I'll damn well DRIVE MYSELF places. Until then, I have plenty of memory of how completely unpleasant panic attacks are at 75 mph and so no driving for me.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #1388
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
if they ever invent a surgery or a pill that CURES panic attacks
tell us about your ssri experiences
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #1389
monster
I hear them call the tide

The grocery manager at work is a fucking wanker. And he's really, really stupid. but that's beside the point. Although stupidity annoys the fuck outa me even though I know people can't help it and you can't fix stupid
I'm pretty sure it's possible not to be a wanker though.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:45 PM   #1390
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
tell us about your ssri experiences
I spent 4 months with two. Fuck That! never again. I am now self medicating and am much the better for it.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #1391
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I just updated Firefox.

Goddamn my motherfucking soul to hell.

Why? Why would I fucking do that? Fucking stupidity, that's why.

Because I am a goddamned idiot.

Why, WHY didn't I just put a gun in my mouth?

Is it too late for Momdigr to have an abortion?

Goddammit.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #1392
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What the fuck was I thinking?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #1393
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I just updated Firefox.
And for what?

Fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

For fucking nothing.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:00 PM   #1394
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Goddammit.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #1395
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh hey, Grav, I hear you updated Firefox, an' shit. How's that workin out?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limburger