The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Creative Expression
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Creative Expression Post your own works and chat about them

Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #361
Griff
still says videotape

I always found myself adding more and more water. I'll change the egg flour ratio next time. I like the flavor anyway.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #362
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

So many eggs ...
Old 09-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #363
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Griff, the exact recipe for those hot dog buns (which I've also used for hamburger buns) is:

1/3 cup coconut flour*
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil (I used grapeseed, but canola or whatever is fine too)
2 TBS honey

Blend dry ingredients. Add oil, and mix with a fork until all lumps are gone. Then beat in eggs and honey. Batter will be very wet, and needs some sort of form to make an appropriate bun/loaf/whatever shape. For hamburger buns I use one of these. Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes.

*It's really a much better idea to weigh coconut flour rather than measure it. The amount of compaction in the measuring cup is going to dramatically alter the dry/wetness of the batter. 100 grams of coconut flour = 1 cup, so for this I weigh out 33 grams.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #364
Griff
still says videotape

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #365
gvidas
Hoodoo Guru

I made this 10' monopod and a silly rocketship base for it today. SOmehow, in a box labeled "weird hardware" in the studio, we had a thrust bearing that perfectly fits onto 3/4" conduit, as well as a few shaft collars that don't fit so perfectly but definitely work. So the top camera mount is adjustable, and it pivots really smoothly on an adjustable point. In fact, for serious height, the thrust bearing will socket nicely into the drill-holder hole on the top of my 10' A-frame ladder. So it's functionally a 10-18'-above-grade camera platform.

Next step is to turn a 9' bicycle brake cable into a remote for the camera, so I have more than 10 seconds to compose a shot.
Attached Images

gvidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #366
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
SOmehow, in a box labeled "weird hardware" in the studio, we had a thrust bearing that perfectly fits onto 3/4" conduit...
That's a wonderful feeling.
Quote:
Next step is to turn a 9' bicycle brake cable into a remote for the camera, so I have more than 10 seconds to compose a shot.
Don't they have wireless remote thingys that you can adapt for use with your camera?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #367
gvidas
Hoodoo Guru

Not for my camera (Lumix LX7 -- I had an LX1 for four years, loved it, got this one after only a few moments of research, and have yet to fall in love with the interface.)

Also, the bike shop was open today, and of late my motto is something like: "strike while the iron is hot or probably you'll forget you ever put it in the forge to heat up until two years from now when you're doing deep cleaning and trying to remember why that shit is sitting around."

The trigger end is a few pieces of silicone tubing over the brake cable, for grip; and a spring between two washers on the pre-finished (brake lever) end of the cable. Total functional length is just over 8'.

The camera end is a bent piece of aluminum, drilled to fit the tripod mount, with a tiny hole to align the brake cable with the camera's shutter. The brake housing is held in place with a few cable ties and a piece of copper wire.
Attached Images

gvidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #368
glatt

My son did about half the work on this chainsaw. It's made of sandwiched layers of foam board. Came out pretty well.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383093727.880142.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  34.0 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #369
Griff
still says videotape

Cute.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #370
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

That's awesome
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #371
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

very nice work
Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #372
glatt

Thanks! I'm pleased with it. I wanted something cartoony and harmless looking, but also clearly a chainsaw.

He's taking it to a marching band party at school as part of his lumberjack costume. I wanted to minimize any possible complaints about a weapon at school.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #373
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Ya cut down 10,000 acres of spotted owl habitat and do they call you a lumberjack?
No.

But you perpetrate one chainsaw massacre...
Old 11-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #374
monster
I hear them call the tide

The design for the State Team yard signs

Name:  StateTeamSign2013Trial.png
Views: 201
Size:  16.3 KB

Gonna move the eagle down a smidge, but these will be hand painted with stencils, so no need to fix this version (actual signs are 32" * 48")

Oh and this came out of the kiln today:

Name:  AncientD20small.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  87.4 KB

Now I just have to glaze it -wasn't happy with the test tile, so put another one in to fire today. Looking at the pic, it doesn't seem all that impressive, but that sucker is approx. 6" diameter and hollow. it's a replica of the ancient d20 recently unearthed in Egypt.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #375
glatt

Six inches is pretty big!

I'm impressed. It came out really well. For a handmade item to look so geometrically perfect is impressive.

Tags
diy