The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #151
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Psychstudent had her first weekend alone. To say it didn't go well would be an understatement. She apparently called the police twice, once because a patient spoke harshly to her. She was standing in front of the bed board (handwritten whiteboard of all the patients in the facility) and crying. She will henceforth be known as "fragilegirl."

Fragilegirl is fragile.

Fragilegirl quit with no notice. Who the hell leaves a full time prodessional job with no notice? Oh yeah. Crazy people.

Security guard asked about her yesterday. When told he said, "I didnt expect her to last. I seen her over in the gym with the rehabbers, and they're, like, good you know, and she was scared of them. She ain't like wolf, for sure."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #152
wolf
lobber of scimitars

An altercation over staff food in the "patient food" fridge nearly came to fisticuffs. Imagine, if you will, the ire of an African American man in his 50s when the old white lady receptionist throws his tub of watermelon onto the ground with enough force that it opens and spills.

He somehow managed not to hit her.

But the next day we got a memo about no staff food in the patient food fridge. 1. We rarely used it. 2. We only used the shelf that is too short to squeeze lunchbags into. This is totally a power and control game on the part of the receptionist.

so I solved the problem
Attached Images

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Last edited by wolf; 07-14-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #153
Griff
still says videotape

Where's the body?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #154
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, I walk into bossdude's office and he says, "Are you packing."

"Not today."

"I have a problem I need to solve."

"Let me know if you need it dealt with quietly and from a distance."

"I will."

I do not know why this happened. As far as the office knows, I all about Hello Kitty, Origami Christmas decorations, and a sometimes quirky approach to life.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #155
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I find that exchange disconcerting. As a rule of thumb, I don't tell anyone whether or not I'm carrying even when asked. You'll get more information about why they're asking with the reply "And if I am?"

The issue is that even friendlies who know you're carrying can compromise you by announcing it to intimidate someone; or, blurt it out in a panic situation like "Wolf, use your gun!" It can happen even when you know the timing isn't right due to the tactical situation, spectrum of force continuum criteria, or both.

Unless your boss has the lawful authority to order you to shoot someone, you're better off making him demonstrate a need to know by having him give a rationale for his question up front. It will give you some warning about potentially being put in a bad situation. That your boss would put you on the spot with his unqualified question in an indicator.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #156
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The real question is how did he know to ask.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #157
sexobon

Your consent to a routine pre-employment background check probably opened the door to the concealed carry permit registry (at least for inquiries submitted by healthcare facilities, schools, government offices ... etc.). You could check with whichever agency maintains that registry about releases. Your employer may conduct more comprehensive screening than most.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #158
wolf
lobber of scimitars

They check criminal history, child abuse, and drug screen. Nothing else.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #159
sexobon

Then either he knows someone who can provide that information about you, noticed that you're carrying; or, suckered you into revealing your status. Let's hope it's neither of the latter two.

It would be prudent to contact your personal and professional references to rule out those possible sources before asking him how he came into that knowledge.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #160
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

That is genuinely disturbing in several ways. I'm sure you will be covering yourself in every sense of the word.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #161
Griff
still says videotape

He probably knows people in the first responder community who know you... unless this information came from the previous nuthouse? Have you googled yourself lately?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #162
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The old nuthouse could have mentioned something, or it could have been an assumption on his part based on my end of the world readiness.

I did not, at any point, assume he was asking me to really solve his problem ... he's quite the joker.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #163
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Your consent to a routine pre-employment background check probably opened the door to the concealed carry permit registry (at least for inquiries submitted by healthcare facilities, schools, government offices ... etc.). You could check with whichever agency maintains that registry about releases. Your employer may conduct more comprehensive screening than most.
Isn't this "registry" ALREADY publicly available?

I seem to remember quite the kerfuffle recently when an investigative journalist reported the names and addresses mashed up with googlemaps of all the registered gun owners in a particular geographic area.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #164
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, a lot of states can't by law, or choose not to, divulge the names and addresses of concealed carry permit holders.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #165
wolf
lobber of scimitars

So, it wasn't about me. It was about psychokillergirlfriend. She was talking about carrying when going to her other job, which is in a notoriously dangerous area ... in another state that I usually refer to as a small communist country that borders Pennsylvania ... you know, the one that charges a ransom to leave? She also mentioned carrying a stun gun ... takes a breath and goes on to discuss flying back to her home state to see her shrink. bossdude was ear hustling the conversation. I had my back to him so I didn't see the look on his face, which was reportedly priceless.

So it's not about me for a change.

Rumor has it that he is doing something about the issue after he comes back from vacation. Don't know is it is going to involve anything more than a strongly worded memo.